ixaera summons the Raven King~

ixaera

4 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Some of us suck at the cooking part.

A pressure cooker will change your life~ If you can dump things in a pot, you can has dinner.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Just now, Urgan said:

A pressure cooker will change your life~ If you can dump things in a pot, you can has dinner.

I can follow directions, so can make a decent dinner.   It's more the planning/shopping/prep part that I suck (hard) at.  {I'm a big fan of those mail-food-to-your-door services - we do Home Chef}.  Pressure cookers sound bomb diggity,  though!   :-)

• Like 1

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

7 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I can follow directions, so can make a decent dinner.   It's more the planning/shopping/prep part that I suck (hard) at.  {I'm a big fan of those mail-food-to-your-door services - we do Home Chef}.  Pressure cookers sound bomb diggity,  though!   :-)

oh they are the bomb diggity!

I always forget to do something/mess something up, but it always turns out okay in the end~

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Want pulled pork or pot roast but don't know where to go to get it? One boston butt/pork shoulder or chuck roast + 28oz whole tomatoes + spices of your choice = 4+ mouthwatering meals in 3 hrs 15 minutes and you just had to dump in three ingredients and push a button.

3 minutes ago, ixaera said:

oh they are the bomb diggity!

I always forget to do something/mess something up, but it always turns out okay in the end~

It's magic.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

7 hours ago, ixaera said:

My neighbors are nice people (mostly. a LITTLE too concerned about another neighbor's trees that need trimming that aren't threatening any other person's property, but whatever) but I think they must be on their church's marketing committee or something. They have a sign for it out in their front yard that's been here all 4 years I've lived here and every christmas and easter I get church-branded peeps or some such or a card (also church-branded). This is the second time I've gotten special church popcorn, for a rando church event I guess they have this weekend.

I find this so odd. I have no idea who my neighbours are, and I never really have. I'd be extremely weirded out if they started leaving things for me. It's the same for most of my friends - we wouldn't ever consider going over and talking to the people who live around us, they have their houses and we have ours. Is it normal in America to give your neighbours stuff?

10 minutes ago, ManicSpider said:

I find this so odd. I have no idea who my neighbours are, and I never really have. I'd be extremely weirded out if they started leaving things for me. It's the same for most of my friends - we wouldn't ever consider going over and talking to the people who live around us, they have their houses and we have ours. Is it normal in America to give your neighbours stuff?

Depends on the region. We're good friends with the neighbors to one side--cookouts and invitations to eat over at each others' places is not strange at all. Mostly because my husband is more outgoing than me and we just so happen to have a several points in common.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ManicSpider said:

Depends, really. I live in a more urbanish (well, suburban, but not particularly white-picket fence) area so it's a little quaint here to have a neighbor bake you cookies or leave notes and gifts in your mailbox, but not super unexpected. I think part of it is upbringing and generation, too. This couple is probably mid-50's, with two sons a generation below us, and in more rural places it is more common to do the whole jello mold neighbor thing. No doubt even if they lived in that house since it was built (I do not know) this area was probably more prone to that a decade or so ago.

The more dense it gets, the less people seem to reach out. I don't appear to have any neighbors near my age on my street, and I haven't seen any indication from the ones who have said hello before that we have anything in common, so I haven't done much more beyond waving and letting them know when work is being done, etc. Maybe my new next door neighbors are more relatable, but I haven't seen them once (only  have heard their children playing in the pool)

• Like 1

tumblr_nou55iEVKz1tesvo4o4_1280.gif

GRUB

1.0: 1740

1.1: 139g

1.2: nope

1.3: lolno

1.4: :angel:

Good morning sunshine from My Fit Foods, chicken thigh & creamed spinach, handful of dark chocolate cashews, bag of free baptist popcorn, Mexican beef w/ roasted potatoes and roasted stir fry. 

MOVEMENT

2.0: 

8200ish steps, active(ish) rest day

Deadlift PR happenin tomorrow, I think I feel good about this

2.1: Not Wednesday, N/A

MOBILITY

3.0: Yes, did things

ADULTING, THE GAME

4.0: Earned 11, spent 5 on FFXIV (a girl needs to earn Wondrous Tails stickers!)

4.1: This week's to do list 

- Return my too-small Vibrams 

- Continue rolling the ball on rolling over ancient retirement plans into one account (I have at least figured out what my goal is on this this week, yes I am going so slow, I hate it so much)

1.0: 1/1, 1/1, 0/1, 0/1

1.1: 6/7, 6/7, 4/7, 0/7

1.2: 5/4, 4/4, 2/4, 0/4

1.3: 2/1, 1/1, 1/1, 0/1

1.4: 0/0, 0/0, 0/0, 0/0

2.0: 4/4, 4/4, 2/4, 0/4

2.1: 1/1, 1/1, 1/1, 0/1

3.0: 6/7, 5/7, 4/7, 0/7

4.1: 1/1, 1/1, 0/1, 0/1

Point Balance: 100

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ManicSpider said:

I didn't expect Texas to be so beautiful! I always imagine truck stops, red dust and conservatives. 

Um. Well, okay then. Always nice to be called ugly first thing in the morning. Love you, too.

On 10/6/2016 at 10:11 PM, ~RedStone~ said:

4 hours ago, ManicSpider said:

I didn't expect Texas to be so beautiful! I always imagine truck stops, red dust and conservatives. 

don't mind the random empty quotes, on mobile and it saved an ancient draft I'd already posted and wouldn't delete the quote boxes today... a clear button would be fantastic

anyway, yes, all US states located in the West (up into the middle, even) have places with red dust, it's a feature, not a bug. all US states have truck stops in large numbers, can confirm, have seen them everywhere! election results also suggest every state has its fair share of conservatives, too. Now, there is Lubbock ........ ;)

On 10/6/2016 at 11:08 PM, Grymm said:

• Like 1

Way late to the game, but I love your goals and your camp write-up! 

On 9/28/2016 at 11:02 PM, ixaera said:

MOVEMENT

2.0: PRESS DAY

I hate you press day. I need to do something here.

Dumbbell presses

1x5 20 lbs (10 each hand)

1x5 30 lbs (15 each hand)

1x3 30 lbs

1x3 40 lbs

(Warmed up with these to see if it would help. Spoilers, it did not help.)

Overhead presses

1x3 45.5 lbs

1x4 54 lbs

1x1 57 lbs (barely)

1x5 45 lbs (first set last to make up volume)

These aren't moving. Also, yes, meh day in the gym, but I'm planning on tossing more accessory at my delts.

I'm only on page 5, because WHOA, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed and/or resolved. For OHP troubles, I found way back in the day that because my working OHP weight was so low, my warmups were impeding my ability to get my working sets done & make any progress. 

ETA: By "so low," I mean in comparison to my warmup weights. For example, with working sets of 55, I didn't want to be trying to do warmups with the 45lb bar - too close to my working weight. If that makes any sense at all.

You've got a loooooooot going on before you get to your working OHP weight. Looks like you maybe did more warmup than usual with the DB presses, but if you're still having trouble with them, I'd drop as much warmup as possible (maybe just use PVC to get your joints moving?) before you get in there.

</butting in>

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Blueberries said:

Way late to the game, but I love your goals and your camp write-up! 

I'm only on page 5, because WHOA, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed and/or resolved. For OHP troubles, I found way back in the day that because my working OHP weight was so low, my warmups were impeding my ability to get my working sets done & make any progress. 

ETA: By "so low," I mean in comparison to my warmup weights. For example, with working sets of 55, I didn't want to be trying to do warmups with the 45lb bar - too close to my working weight. If that makes any sense at all.

You've got a loooooooot going on before you get to your working OHP weight. Looks like you maybe did more warmup than usual with the DB presses, but if you're still having trouble with them, I'd drop as much warmup as possible (maybe just use PVC to get your joints moving?) before you get in there.

</butting in>

Please feel free to butt in! I like it :D

lol butts

Anyway, yes, I think this is an excellent point! Perhaps next time I'll warm up with a couple easy peasy db presses with 10 lbers and go into the work sets from there~

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Woop! Lifting belt = ordered.

Went with an Ader 4" with double-prongs. Not very expensive, not tapered, we'll see how it goes.

Should have it by next week.

You're going to love having a belt in a quick hurry, methinks.

• Like 1

tumblr_nqkeu0s4dN1us57u5o2_500.gif

GRUB

1.0: 1572

1.1: 95g

1.2: TWO scones, and red wine, so no

1.3: lolno

1.4: :angel:

Last 2 egg & bacon cups, 2 scones (work had free scones what ok maybe I stole them from a meeting what?? they shouldn't leave food out like that hungry people might steal it). Lunch was my fit foods H Town (yes, two breakfasts today WIN). Protein bar around 3 pm~ Then cooked up a filet o' salmon (plain, I like plain fishies), the last of the creamed spinach, and more roasted stir fry veggie stuff. Then a single serving of red wine (just one!)

MOVEMENT

2.0: 

DEADLIFT DAY my favorite

Felt GOOD today. Everything felt like a million bucks. (Probably why I suddenly got super impatient about two plates, it's ok self, it'll come.)

Deadlifts

1x5 65 lbs

1x5 75 lbs

1x3 92 lbs

1x5 115 lbs

1x3 130 lbs

1x7 145 lbs <-- rep PR

1x5 153 lbs <-- rep PR

1x3 160.5 lbs <-- rep PR

1x1 168 lbs <-- new weight PR, felt like I had at least half a rep left in me, but ended up not pushing it. Coulda done 170, I feel certain.

Squats

1x5 45 lbs

1x5 65 lbs

1x2 95 lbs

5x3 117 lbs

Hanging leg raises (sorta, I did it in the gym and didn't feel like hefting a box over so I could reach a pull up bar, so I did it on the one where you sit on your elbows, dunno the name of it)

5x10

Less than 7k steps today, too rainy to walk (the paths flood), too busy anyway. Came home and binge watched Supernatural. :S

2.1: Not Wednesday, N/A

MOBILITY

3.0: No, I watched too much Supernatural, and now I'm about to fall asleep instead. I will probably regret this decision in the morning.

ADULTING, THE GAME

4.0: Earned 28, spent 20 on TV, lost 5 from bumming out about studying :S

4.1: This week's to do list 

- Return my too-small Vibrams 

- Continue rolling the ball on rolling over ancient retirement plans into one account (I have at least figured out what my goal is on this this week, yes I am going so slow, I hate it so much)

The plan is to gather info tomorrow and Sunday, put it in a place, and next week's to-do will be making The Phone Call. And trying not to cry out of frustration on the phone.

1.0: 1/1, 1/1, 0/1, 0/1

1.1: 6/7, 6/7, 5/7, 0/7

1.2: 5/4, 4/4, 2/4, 0/4

1.3: 2/1, 1/1, 1/1, 0/1

1.4: 0/0, 0/0, 0/0, 0/0

2.0: 4/4, 4/4, 3/4, 0/4

2.1: 1/1, 1/1, 1/1, 0/1

3.0: 6/7, 5/7, 4/7, 0/7

4.1: 1/1, 1/1, 0/1, 0/1

Point Balance: 103

In danger of not getting all my eating-gud points this week if I don't step up this weekend. 

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

You're going to love having a belt in a quick hurry, methinks.

my body is ready

• Like 3

Whenever I start considering a cut, I eventually get around to checking progress photos. I am no longer considering a cut in the near future. (Maybe further out, like pre-tank season in March or so.)

I took fresh photos then compared to 5/11/15 when I last weighed in the 107-108 range. Holy sweet baby jesus is there a distinct and clear difference. I made Mr Ix come look and he was very wow about it too.

Then for fun I compared to around 104 a few months after that, when I "finished" the weight loss (so, still way before lifting), and not only do I look ROUGHLY the same as 3 lbs less me, I look just a little leaner now. 

Okay progress pics, you win, cut loses. Beep beep.

(I would share, but the really good comparisons are sadly undies and not fitness clothes and though a bikini covers less, I am too embarrassed.)

• Like 3
4 hours ago, ixaera said:

Whenever I start considering a cut, I eventually get around to checking progress photos. I am no longer considering a cut in the near future. (Maybe further out, like pre-tank season in March or so.)

I took fresh photos then compared to 5/11/15 when I last weighed in the 107-108 range. Holy sweet baby jesus is there a distinct and clear difference. I made Mr Ix come look and he was very wow about it too.

Then for fun I compared to around 104 a few months after that, when I "finished" the weight loss (so, still way before lifting), and not only do I look ROUGHLY the same as 3 lbs less me, I look just a little leaner now. 

Okay progress pics, you win, cut loses. Beep beep.

(I would share, but the really good comparisons are sadly undies and not fitness clothes and though a bikini covers less, I am too embarrassed.)

Good on you for doing your research and realizing how much comp progress you've already made. See? Hot stuff. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Good on you for doing your research and realizing how much comp progress you've already made. See? Hot stuff. 

Still want to do some fat loss at a later date, but knowing with certainty that I look the same-to-slightly-better than I did 3 lbs ago helps a LOT and I'd rather keep making gains instead for now XD I will lean out for the next time seasonal clothing shows skin~

Edited to add: If I even find it desirable to do so, then, depends on progress in the meanwhile.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Still want to do some fat loss at a later date, but knowing with certainty that I look the same-to-slightly-better than I did 3 lbs ago helps a LOT and I'd rather keep making gains instead for now XD I will lean out for the next time seasonal clothing shows skin~

Edited to add: If I even find it desirable to do so, then, depends on progress in the meanwhile.

You can keep a close eye on how much your maintenance macros move, take careful 50-100 calorie jumps, and do recomp without entering the old bulk/cut seesaw. As long as you don't mind slow, consistent progress.