Volki

Just now, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

One step closer to a stress - free life!  

Juggernaut looks like high volume.  You still liking it?

I am enjoying it, though I don't have much experience with other traditional lifting programs. Oh I forgot to mention that I did sumo DLs and they were so much more comfortable and didnt feel as awkward. I do know my grip is making the DL seem harder than it needs to be.

Juggernaut is high volume the first 2 weeks of every phase and then tapers to to higher weights with less reps at the end. I think the balance will br good as long as I can survive the 10s phase.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Volki said:

I am enjoying it, though I don't have much experience with other traditional lifting programs. Oh I forgot to mention that I did sumo DLs and they were so much more comfortable and didnt feel as awkward. I do know my grip is making the DL seem harder than it needs to be.

Juggernaut is high volume the first 2 weeks of every phase and then tapers to to higher weights with less reps at the end. I think the balance will br good as long as I can survive the 10s phase.

I find sumos much more comfortable and easier than traditional, something about a type of hip flexibility maybe? I think? I also have grip trouble - overhand starts to fail at around 60% so I've been working on training that, but I'll use different grips, chalk and straps for DLs in the meantime so I can keep adding weight.

LOL the tens phase. I've been keeping on eye on everyone with the bulgarian and juggernaut programs... at least it's temporary!!

bbbdJfT.gif

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

I find sumos much more comfortable and easier than traditional, something about a type of hip flexibility maybe? I think? I also have grip trouble - overhand starts to fail at around 60% so I've been working on training that, but I'll use different grips, chalk and straps for DLs in the meantime so I can keep adding weight.

LOL the tens phase. I've been keeping on eye on everyone with the bulgarian and juggernaut programs... at least it's temporary!!

bbbdJfT.gif

Lol thank you :)

yeah maybe it is all in the hips because I usually have to swuat at a little wide stance as well. They also feel better on my back

That gif haha I think high volume is good for me, if not I get bored too easy and start looking for something else to do.

• Like 1

I'm just glad I'm not reading about you doing 1000 bodyweight exercises in 13 minutes.  That makes me tired.  

I think the sumo vs conventional has to do with geometry.  Sumo shortens your legs a little and can let you start with lower hips.  My squat stance is fairly wide, but I'm comfortable deadlifting conventional.  My effective arm length at the starting conventional position is pretty long.

• Like 4

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

4 minutes ago, Grymm said:

I'm just glad I'm not reading about you doing 1000 bodyweight exercises in 13 minutes.  That makes me tired.  

I think the sumo vs conventional has to do with geometry.  Sumo shortens your legs a little and can let you start with lower hips.  My squat stance is fairly wide, but I'm comfortable deadlifting conventional.  My effective arm length at the starting conventional position is pretty long.

Lol me too, that sounds like a distant nightmare now....

The geometry angle(hehe) seems to make alot of sense. Thanks :)

• Like 1

**warning personal stuff**

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to talk about some things that have come to light as far as my brain

is concerned. Well all of my life I have felt "off" in some way and I have struggled in various aspects when it came to social interactions

(in person, online i have no issues). For the most part I just rolled with the punches and pretty much kept to myself and lived

"in my own world". It has taken me a long time to "learn how to human". I don't understand social cues and body language for the most part and my mind doesn't process things the same as most others seem to. Anyway, I can't complain because all of my study and practice seems to be doing well for me in life. 

What I am getting at is recently I have come to learn that I most likely am an Aspie.

Now, i do not see this as a bad thing in the slightest. In fact the more I read up about Aspergers and

talk with people my age on some other forums for Aspies I realize maybe I am not as crazy as I once thought lol

So I guess I just wanted to throw this info out there not for sympathy but I guess to see if anyone else is experiencing what I am

and wanted to talk about it.

**back to your regularly scheduled NF ass kicking :D**

• Like 7

Hey Volki - I get it.

I'm likely as Aspie too (never been "tested"). I don't human well, I find it ver hard to make eye contact with people, I have above average intelligence, I have to force myself to sympathise/empathise with people and can be very self absorbed - Basically Dr House without the medical degree... I also have the fun of mixing the above with a dose of PTSD from Iraq. I don't find it a bad thing... just different...

• Like 1

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

Just now, Blocky said:

Hey Volki - I get it.

I'm likely as Aspie too (never been "tested"). I don't human well, I find it ver hard to make eye contact with people, I have above average intelligence, I have to force myself to sympathise/empathise with people and can be very self absorbed - Basically Dr House without the medical degree... I also have the fun of mixing the above with a dose of PTSD from Iraq. I don't find it a bad thing... just different...

Hey @Blocky I appreciate that.

Lol house without the degree. Yeah I haven't had an official diagnosis but I have been taking every test I could find online and read tons and lurked on aspie forums. I finally admitted to myself that I am an aspie. 

I know exactly what you mean about forcing the empathy and eye contact. It can be a pain sometimes but I just see it as being wired differently and not necessarily wrong. What service were you in? I was in the Air Force and spent some time in Afghanistan.

I was/am (inactive reserve) an Australian Army Medic and was attached to an Infantry combat team while in Iraq.

• Like 1

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

That's pretty much my life now - I needed something to throw myself into. I work admin/floor staff in a local gym and then I'm a personal trainer in my other hours. Money's not brilliant but my stress is way down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blocky said:

That's pretty much my life now - I needed something to throw myself into. I work admin/floor staff in a local gym and then I'm a personal trainer in my other hours. Money's not brilliant but my stress is way down.

Hey, having low stress can be worth a hell of alot more than money. I think lifting actually compliments the way my brain works. It is mainly a solo sport, I can analyze every movement and even study the biology of everything. I can plan out an entire routine and have all the details laid out. Fitness is like a never ending black hole of info to learn and helps with stress. 

I am sure it is helping you to have an obsession that will distract and heal at the same time. 

• Like 1

Nailed it. I tend to video my main sets so I can analyse and criticise...

Funnily enough - I'm actually putting together my overly complicated lifting cycle for November right now.

• Like 1

You are so right. I have 18 bits of paper floating around but I'm typing up the final draft now. Of course I use it as a guide only and am prone to change it the minute I step into the gym...

• Like 1

It must be my particular curse/gift. but I get very excited about spreadsheets and stuff

• Like 1

Just now, Blocky said:

You are so right. I have 18 bits of paper floating around but I'm typing up the final draft now. Of course I use it as a guide only and am prone to change it the minute I step into the gym...

Just now, Blocky said:

It must be my particular curse/gift. but I get very excited about spreadsheets and stuff

Lol part of the reason I started doing Juggernaut was because it had like 5 pages of spreadsheets to do and organized into phases and weeks. Also each day and move is broken down into percentages. I need to learn some better excel magic so I can start making better spreadsheets. Also I live my life by lists. Even chores around the house that I know I need to do.

Theres just something about crossing something off a list that makes me happy :)

E8OP2te.gif

• Like 3

Halfway Mark Writeup!!

STRENGTH:sonic_ring_by_silhouette_hedgehog-d5nqfma.gifX30 a week

I earned all of the rings for the first 2 weeks. I am really enjoying PL and I look

forward to seeing where it takes me :D   so sonic_ring_by_silhouette_hedgehog-d5nqfma.gifx60 so far

SPEED: sonic_ring_by_silhouette_hedgehog-d5nqfma.gifX12 a week

I am going to say the first week went really well but I have been slacking with this goal and 

honestly my heart isn't in it anymore. I have been focusing on hiking and walking with the kids more than actually sprinting

sonic_ring_by_silhouette_hedgehog-d5nqfma.gifx15 so far

MOBILITY: sonic_ring_by_silhouette_hedgehog-d5nqfma.gifX10 a week

I have been doing really good this one. I have been using a baseball and stretching and using the foam roller.

so sonic_ring_by_silhouette_hedgehog-d5nqfma.gif x20 

Also I completed the Ranger mini for the first week but skipped the second week due to cleaning and moving stuff but I am definitely going 

to get back at it this week.

• Like 6