Shadri + Noms

Dusk

6 hours ago, mr_willes said:

If you don't like the squash stuff you can always do the soup filtered, it's really nice that way too. And even more of delicacy!

It's the flavor, actually. I've only started trying squash in thr past couple years or so and I'm still learning how to love it. :P 

I FOUND YOU FINALLY. 

I struggle with food myself. I'm currently trying a food log again. Yay for us who try really hard to eat well!

I will say that I'm not really on the pumpkin spice train. My fiance is though xD I bought him a pound of pumpkin spice flavored Lindt truffles recently (to share with his friend). I don't have a problem with it but I'm also not really a huge fan either. 

It's so cool to get caught up on your adventures! I hope things work out well for you throughout the rest of the challenge!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Goes Beyond: Plus Ultra!

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:44 PM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I FOUND YOU FINALLY. 

I struggle with food myself. I'm currently trying a food log again. Yay for us who try really hard to eat well!

I will say that I'm not really on the pumpkin spice train. My fiance is though xD I bought him a pound of pumpkin spice flavored Lindt truffles recently (to share with his friend). I don't have a problem with it but I'm also not really a huge fan either. 

It's so cool to get caught up on your adventures! I hope things work out well for you throughout the rest of the challenge!

HAI :D 

Food is hard. And trying to eat well is hard! So... we are rock stars for keeping at it!! ^_^ 

I am DEFINITELY on the pumpkin spice train haha! 100% White Girl right here. I've had those Lindt truffles - they are super delicious.

Thank you! You too!~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Day 2.2 was pretty dang good in terms of food.

Day 2.3 - my coworkers surprised me with some pre-birthday treats, so I've had a disproportionate amount of sweets (and carrot cake, mmm) today. But other than that, I've kept it to my healthy lunch food.

Emotions have been an unwieldy roller-coaster the past few days, for complicated reasons that are not mine to divulge. Difficult, painful, heartbreaking, infuriating situation of a friend of mine, and it's dragging my brain to an unpleasant place. I'm just listening to twenty one pilots and trying to ride the wave out. Hopefully I can figure out how to Deal With It really soon.

Also - I made an interesting discovery: eating too much sugar gives me the same heart-racing feeling as too much caffeine. Is this a thing? I guess, further proof that I need to minimize the amount of sugar I eat.

Also also, related to food: Friday is a pre-determined non-graded day because BIRTHDAY!! so I'm gonna have fun and not worry about nutrition for that day.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Shadri said:

HAI :D 

Food is hard. And trying to eat well is hard! So... we are rock stars for keeping at it!! ^_^ 

I am DEFINITELY on the pumpkin spice train haha! 100% White Girl right here. I've had those Lindt truffles - they are super delicious.

Thank you! You too!~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Day 2.2 was pretty dang good in terms of food.

Day 2.3 - my coworkers surprised me with some pre-birthday treats, so I've had a disproportionate amount of sweets (and carrot cake, mmm) today. But other than that, I've kept it to my healthy lunch food.

Emotions have been an unwieldy roller-coaster the past few days, for complicated reasons that are not mine to divulge. Difficult, painful, heartbreaking, infuriating situation of a friend of mine, and it's dragging my brain to an unpleasant place. I'm just listening to twenty one pilots and trying to ride the wave out. Hopefully I can figure out how to Deal With It really soon.

Also - I made an interesting discovery: eating too much sugar gives me the same heart-racing feeling as too much caffeine. Is this a thing? I guess, further proof that I need to minimize the amount of sugar I eat.

Also also, related to food: Friday is a pre-determined non-graded day because BIRTHDAY!! so I'm gonna have fun and not worry about nutrition for that day.

OMG EARLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELLON NIN. *Virtual Caek*

Sorry about your friend :( Absorbing stress from other people is painful. Music and Riding It Out are good. Best wishes for finding a way to Deal With It. All the Prayers buddy.

Sugar and Caffeine having similar effects is indeed a thing! That's why reducing sugar intake is recommended for reducing anxiety, along with reducing caffeine.

I hope you're able to have a wonderful birthday with lots of fun!

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

49 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

OMG EARLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELLON NIN. *Virtual Caek*

Sorry about your friend :( Absorbing stress from other people is painful. Music and Riding It Out are good. Best wishes for finding a way to Deal With It. All the Prayers buddy.

Sugar and Caffeine having similar effects is indeed a thing! That's why reducing sugar intake is recommended for reducing anxiety, along with reducing caffeine.

I hope you're able to have a wonderful birthday with lots of fun!

Yeah... It's hard though, when they continually tell me about the foolish/selfish choices they're making, and they're just digging themselves into a deeper hole but they don't see it that way and I just want to slap them silly. I'm disappointed and heartbroken and furious. They don't know, or are ignoring maybe, the effect their choices have had on other people.

:deeeeeeep breaths:

The prayers are so very appreciated, Miaulin, thank you so much. This person needs all the prayer that can be mustered. (And I probably could use some prayers, too. How To Deal, God??? What Do???????)

Huh, ok! Note to self: don't eat sugary foods when I'm stressed. :P Caffeine is harder, cos coffee is my Comfort Drink when I'm agitated. Not conducive to calming down. xD

Thank you for the birthday wishes!! ^_____________^ <3

• Like 2

Just remember like we talked about before, you are not responsible for those other people, and you certainly don't have to bail anyone out.

Prayers from here as well.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Happy Cake Day!!!! [emoji512] [emoji512]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Happy birthday Shadri! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On October 5, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Just remember like we talked about before, you are not responsible for those other people, and you certainly don't have to bail anyone out.

Prayers from here as well.

Yeah... They're an adult and are allowed to make their own choices. Its still hard though. My protective instinct is too strong. Thanks so much for your prayers. 

23 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Happy Cake Day!!!! emoji512.pngemoji512.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Happy birthday Shadri! 

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Happy Birthday!

7 hours ago, bker1370 said:

Happy birthday!

Thanks, everyone! Overall it was a great birthday ^_^ there were a few indulgences (like homemade cake with homemade cream cheese frosting, oh man, I might have died and gone to heaven for a little bit while I was eating that), but actually overall I ate pretty healthy throughout the day. 

And literally 50% of my gifts were Hufflepuff merchandise. I am quite pleased. :panda: 

~~~~~

Ok, I think I lost track of a day somewhere. Pre-birthday from my coworkers was Wednesday, and I called that 2.3 but it's actually 2.4. I'll try and remember what I missed later. 

Moving forward: 2.5 was mostly good, except for leftover work cake

2.6 was pretty dang good, considering Birthday Food. 

I have been major failing the mini challenge feats this go-round... Too tired and busy to do much of anything after school. I think I need to re-evaluate the goals I set. This week was supposed to be 3x shovelglove, and lo and behold, tis the last day of the challenge week and I have done 0x shovelglove. :P Like I said, school (and life, a little) really got me this week. So I'll change my goal to 1x shovelglove, or maybe 2x if grading is still open on Sunday and I'm feeling up for it. I'll post this change in the mini challenge thread later, too. 

• Like 3

Hufflepuffs unite and HAPPY BELATED!!!! <333333333  Glad your indulgences were delicious!! <33333

I hope your friend is doing okay.... one thing my co-worker therapist told me once, and that I still struggle with once in a while, is exactly what Tank said; "You are not responsible for anyone but yourself."  It's SO H A R D when you have people you love and care about and you just... see them in this destructive behavior and feel so helpless.  But there's always a line drawn where you can help and they will accept it, and them just being beyond reason and not wanting, or ready, for help.  We are all responsible for our own fates in the end and the best you can do is just remain a quiet loyal presence for as long as you feel necessary... sending all of the hugs, lady.

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

28 minutes ago, Shadri said:

And literally 50% of my gifts were Hufflepuff merchandise. I am quite pleased. :panda: 

Image result for hufflepuff happy birthday

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 hours ago, shaar said:

Hufflepuffs unite and HAPPY BELATED!!!! <333333333  Glad your indulgences were delicious!! <33333

I hope your friend is doing okay.... one thing my co-worker therapist told me once, and that I still struggle with once in a while, is exactly what Tank said; "You are not responsible for anyone but yourself."  It's SO H A R D when you have people you love and care about and you just... see them in this destructive behavior and feel so helpless.  But there's always a line drawn where you can help and they will accept it, and them just being beyond reason and not wanting, or ready, for help.  We are all responsible for our own fates in the end and the best you can do is just remain a quiet loyal presence for as long as you feel necessary... sending all of the hugs, lady.

Yeeeeah Hufflepuffs!! THANKS LADY ^_^ <3

Yeah, and deep down I know that. They're gonna make their own decisions. It wouldn't be a very good life if we were all just robots or puppets with no decision-making power, and we wouldn't learn much if we never made mistakes. But it's  s o  h a r d  t o  w a t c h .  And I don't get to see the Big Plan, and that's frustrating in itself. :sigh: 

• Like 5

Happy late birthday! Hope it was a great one!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Goes Beyond: Plus Ultra!

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46

Day 3.2 was yesterday, and yesterday was decent. Had a latte and too many whole-wheat crackers at work, and leftover cake. And then had a mental breakdown about my homework, and a big pity party, and my old friend Imposter Syndrome was the only one invited. Luckily my mom is a pro at knocking some sense into me when I'm being ridiculous.

Day 3.3 is TODAY (come on, Shadri, keep up with the dates, sheesh) and today was ROCKIN. I did get another latte, but I got it with coconut milk so it's less bad (still sugar but no dairy)?? And I ate fantastic foods pretty much all day, including dinner cos mom made healthy food??? And I did a dumbbell workout for the mini challenge and lifted, cumulatively, 1700 pounds???????

Today was a good day. :)

(I might have a slice of cake in a little while though [it's almost gone, I swear])

• Like 4

Let's see here...

Wednesday would be day 3.4, food was good that day. Dinner was spaghetti, and I only had a palm-sized portion (instead of most of the plate full, like I usually do with pasta dishes) and I wasn't even hungry afterwards.

Day 3.5 I had to improvise a little bit, because I forgot to thaw one of my pre-made lunches, but I brought steamable veggies and some kind of chicken patty instead. Hellz yes for adaptability (and steamable brussels sprouts, my newest obsession).

Day 3.6 is on track to be good - all good foods packed in my lunch, and tonight is parkour open gym with little bro! Hoping to practice some vaults, and some wall runs (I can't seem to time it right, plus my grip strength is all but nonexistent). And maybe tic tacs if there's room, I was struggling with those for some reason last week. I used to be able to tic tac all day long. :sigh:

• Like 3
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:14 PM, maegs said:

It sounds like you're doing really well food wise - make smart choices when you have to improvise and adjustments to things to make them better! :) 

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not doing the best I could be I guess, but I'm doing better than I was a couple months ago.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So, day 3.7 and 4.1 I ate like absolute crapola, and now I am bloated as heck!! Ugh! But I've got healthy lunches leftover in the freezer from last week, and I have the stuff to batch cook moar tomorrow. So, I'm hopeful for week 4!

Parkour open gym on Friday was great - I basically spent an hour doing lazy vaults, cos those are my favorite and they feel natural to me. Class on Saturday was great too. The DOMS are real, baby. I need to start working on grip strength like woah. And I need a PULL UP BAR~

• Like 2

Day 4.2 (Monday) was decent. Didn't have the best dinner ever, but that's okay.

Day 4.3 was also decent.

I have not been sleeping well at all lately, and it's making me hella exhausted all the time, which is summoning this yucky grey-cloud of emotions. Yuck. BUT - despite wanting nothing but to come home and fall asleep yesterday, I batch cooked Like A Baws and have a healthy lunch to look forward to today!

Newest obsession: La Croix (flavored fizzy water, no sugar, no nothin! just flavoring!) (my favorite is grapefruit flavor)

I really really really want to figure out how to rig up a pullup bar without drilling into my walls. I'm gonna look into those bars that just slide over a doorway, but I dunno how much I trust something like that. Advice?

• Like 3

I had a pullup bar over my doorway for the longest time. It was secure and worked well

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien