Red1263 Meets Schrodinger's Cat

Red1263

As you all have become aware, there's a chance I can be attending school in the Masters of Science: Orthotics and Prosthetics program at a VERY prestigious (and expensive) university! So as a (religious) man who believes that things happen for a reason, and with my application not guaranteed, I have 2 roads before me:

1. Get Accepted into the program, Then I will be attending school full-time, work part time, and exercise sometime, and this challenge will be me trying to balance School, work, NF, and personal health
  2. Don't get accepted into the program, Then I'll be resuming my last challenge (as it got interrupted by this momentous opportunity) after the 23rd of Sept, (the application deadline), and on the first week of Nov, I'll be going to Charlotte, NC for Machine Tech training. 

In either case, I have 5 days to finish the application (which consists of 5 essay prompts) and get everything in before the deadline. Which means I'll be MIA until then.

So the question will be...

In or Out

?

2_4.png

• Like 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hey there, praying for you as you finish your application. Excited to hear how it goes. I agree everything happens for a reason, I hope you get in, but even if you don't God has a reason for the process. But still, really hoping you get it!

• Like 2

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Good luck! Either way I'm sure you'll rock it, and there's definitely a reason behind it!

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Just a heads up, I've officially submitted my application. It's in God's hands now! I'll let you guys know whether or not I've been accepted. 

• Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Great job at working on it and getting it in!

• Like 1

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

3 words: I. GOT. IN.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

YAY!!!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Congratulations!!

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Thank you every one, for all of your support and prayers. Now, here comes the fun part: Trying to pass my classes, study immensely, keep sane, AND try to work out.

Oh... this is going to be fun!

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Return following, and here I get on board just in time to see amazing things!  Congrats!!!  How awesome is that!

Deep breaths, allow yourself to adjust to everything.  Don't overdo your goals.  Just. One step at a time!

• Like 1

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

OK So Day 1 was all about Running around and getting my bearings! And I mean literally and metaphorically running around! So bear with me, this gets kinda confusing. Also I'm wearing semi-formal casual clothing.

I woke up to take my truck (which was leaking power steering fluid) to the mechanic to find out where it was leaking. Then I waited for my Bro-in-law to trade places with me as I was going to borrow my sister's rental car for my first day of school. So I drove home, dropped off the keys of my BIL's van, grabbed the Rental keys, and then took off, about halfway there, I had completely forgotten my entire bookbag that I prepared last night. Great. So I kept on going, and my first stop was at work to let them know that I got accepted and that my schedule needs to be adjusted for the future. I saw one of my managers, I drew out my school schedule, he congratulated me, and I ran out the door to my Uni.

When I got there, I parked on the 4th floor in the parking structure that I probably shouldn't be parking in. Got out, ran down the stairs (might as well get some exercise out of all of this) and then did a quick look at where I'm supposed to go. First of all, I needed a school ID, so I ran to Student Services, and asked for a student ID only to realize that I still hadn't registered for classes! Whoops! I then ran to the Dean's office to find out my application status (his office was uphill, and at this point it's ~100 degrees). I get there and ask queried about my status and my Dean asked how my day was going. I told him about the whole running around and the cars, and he walks up to me, shakes my (sweaty) hand, and says, "You know why you're perfect for this program?" "No, why?" (I said breathless) "Because you look just like that." I find out that one of my transcripts is still in processing because I only selected the option to have it rushed to my uni AFTER processing! Fantastic. So then, I was given a T-shirt (to show loyalty to the program) and a daily planner, and I left the office. I had roughly an hour before the actual orientation started, so I decided to buy myself a small composite notebook and some pens, in case I needed to write anything down, and some Mango Aloe Vera juice and a Twix (just bad enough to make me feel good). And soon after, I was off to my first (of three) orientations.

The first Orientation was school-specific, general stuff, saw people from other schools like Physical Therapy, etc. Second Orientation was the University Chapel (because my University is a religious one) and that was pretty boring save for the security guy at the end. The Final event was free (vegan) food and the whole time I found someone to chat with on the second and third orientation. So I'm working on my people skills. Afterwards, I went home and updated the family. So all in all, good running day :P

• Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 9/26/2016 at 0:02 AM, Red1263 said:

3 words: I. GOT. IN.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

That is so awesome!  You worked so hard to get here. You will do terrific. I'm so excited for you.   Sounds like a crazy first day. Wow, I am just so happy right now.:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

That is so awesome!  You worked so hard to get here. You will do terrific. I'm so excited for you.   Sounds like a crazy first day. Wow, I am just so happy right now.:)

Thanks EG! I'm hoping to give this 100%! I couldn't sleep the night I got the email. I'm stoked! If I wasn't breathless, I'd be laughing the whole time!

So quick note: My school not only has a gym (which I haven't seen yet) but they encourage us to train our minds as well as our bodies. So other than running from one class to another, I'll be able to add some gym/warrior training in the mix as well

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

DUDE SO EXCITE

MUCH WOW

MANY AWESOME

never ceases to amaze me how good our God is

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I am grinning from ear to ear as I read this!

There is so much excitement in it!  (I've got great pixel-emotion translation skills.)     

And you totally sound like how I would sound.

I'm so so happy for you!!!!

It sounds like once you get settled into the routine there, it's going to be such a great, great fit all around!

• Like 2

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 9/28/2016 at 1:56 AM, alienjenn said:

DUDE SO EXCITE

MUCH WOW

MANY AWESOME

never ceases to amaze me how good our God is

Ha ha ha! Why HELLO AJ!!! It has been a LONG time since I saw you here on my thread! How have you been?

On 9/28/2016 at 4:01 AM, Sea Level said:

What a day! Great start!

Thanks! Although I wouldn't say it was a great start :P

On 9/28/2016 at 6:57 AM, Starpuck said:

I am grinning from ear to ear as I read this!

There is so much excitement in it!  (I've got great pixel-emotion translation skills.)     

And you totally sound like how I would sound.

I'm so so happy for you!!!!

It sounds like once you get settled into the routine there, it's going to be such a great, great fit all around!

Ha ha ha! I'm glad you caught the pixel-emotion translations! and thank you Starbuck, and you're right. The first week is always the hardest. Once I get used to the demands I should be much better.

... Ahhh.... Week 1 is over... And I've gotta tell you guys, this has been one HELL of a week for me. I've been successfully late for the first class of EVERY day that I've had class. I'm all caught up on my immunizations (rubs arm). And quite honestly, to describe it all, is simply a task my mind isn't up to at the moment. But one thing I can tell you on here, is that the Dean has us take a trip into the mountains to help us connect with each other (we got buddies), also as a whole (meaning the whole class), and as individuals. And as individuals we climbed to the top of a boulder and we were told to use 3 words to describe what kind of orthoprosthetist we are. And I yell out:

I am a Generous, Determined, and Kind orthoprosthetist

And here's some pics to follow:

IMG1257786565.jpg

Me sitting with my buddy (I'm the one on the Left)

IMG-1952304510.jpg

Me and my Buddy deciding who's going to yell out first (I'm on the Right)

So despite my being physically (because I've ran to every class with a heavy backpack all week), and mentally (because of the hoops I've had to jump through to get my registration done) exhausted. I'm more than looking forward to what lies ahead. And hopefully, I can show you guys pics of the projects that I'll be working on in the future.

So sorry for the lack of details, but I've gotta sleep, I feel like this:

Fighter-Dead.gif

• Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Long time

The updates have made it so I'm just on my phone and I only saw you reply to star :)

Ummmm how have I been? It's a long story ;) come to my thread and see

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Yay for completing the first week. Great pictures. Love the words you shouted, they are very true.

• Like 2

this is the best!!! I am so thrilled for you!!! and your excitement is just FLOWING through your words. it's beautiful to see. :)

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.