2 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Both issues can be addressed. I don't know at what level you are regarding running, but you try to work your way up a C25K program (couch to 5K). This is really doable, and would be more than sufficient for an OCR of 5-10K.

Safe to say I could probably run if my life literally depended on it, but that would be about it. I've had a nosy at the C25K program before, and it does seem like it'd be the best bet. Honestly, I kind of think being able to run 5K would be good to do anyway, regardless of OCR intent!

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

10 hours ago, skinNbones said:

It says 3/3 in tapatalk.

The wisdom of age: don't stop walking.

Either way, good to have ya aboard Skin!

10 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Safe to say I could probably run if my life literally depended on it, but that would be about it. I've had a nosy at the C25K program before, and it does seem like it'd be the best bet. Honestly, I kind of think being able to run 5K would be good to do anyway, regardless of OCR intent!

I agree, to me that's a base. No matter what you want to achieve (exercise-related) you should first master the 5K. Even take it a step further if you are seriously trying to exercise a good thing to strive for would be a sub 1 hour 10K.

9 hours ago, maegs said:

following along :) 

Great to see you here again Maegs, i WILL be returning the favor this challenge!

• Like 3

... a little odd in the head ...

W2D1 aka Monday

#1. "The Grind": 

• Squat: 3x5 @ 100 KG
  • Bench Press: 3x5 @ 57.5 KG
  • Overhead Press:  3x5 @ 42.5 KG
  • Deadlift: 1x5 @ 105 KG
  • Wilks: 179.21

#2. "Sensible Fuelling": 

1. Breakfast: All day protein shake and a sandwich with old cheese
  2. Lunch: salad / 2 brown pistolets with cream cheese and filet americain
  3. Dinner: Noodles with duckbreast and some veggies (ding-meal) and 2 sausage bread rolls
  4. Post workout: Hydrolisate shake
  5. Before bed: Night Protein (Micellar Casein)

#3. "Protein is Whey Cool":

1. Morning shake (combination of 6 types of protein) combined with Creatine at breakfast.
  2. Meat-leftovers for lunch
  3. A decent amount of meat during dinner
  4. Post-workout shake (Whey isolate)
  5. Protein shake before bedtime (Micellar Casein)

#4. "Lose the booze": 

• On Track (8/42)
  • Variances used 1/2

#### LifeQuest ###: 

• Week 1: Make list and prioritize: Not Done
  • Week 2: Get priority #1 out of the way: Not Done

### Remarkable ###:

Back to squatting 2 plates! Woohoo! Next to that i had an epiphany with deadlifting, a sort of cue for me. I have to tighten up and pretend i'm pushing my gut out through my legs, and the weight comes up like a charm. So i started a note with cues which i leave hanging in my man-cave. I also wrote down a cue for BP and SQ. BP i have to remind myself to really pinch the bar, for SQ i need to make controlled use of the elastic part at the bottom to get it easily up.

I'm having a hard time not weighing myself and not going back to my ever-cut. I can see i'm gaining weight (fat/muscle ratio idk) my shirts are getting tighter, and the belt i use for lifting (which i re-introduced yesterday) needs to be in hole 4 instead of 5 for squatting. But i'm gonna make it through this 6 week challenge without altering my program and without checking the scale (though i'm so very curious to what i'm weighing atm)!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

If you want to make it fun, Zombies, Run! have a C25K program. Have a look if there's a Parkrun in your area too. It's a great way to start running.

23 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

Back to squatting 2 plates! Woohoo! Next to that i had an epiphany with deadlifting, a sort of queue for me. I have to tighten up and pretend i'm pushing my gut out through my legs, and the weight comes up like a charm. So i started a note with queues which i leave hanging in my man-cave. I also wrote down a queue for BP and SQ. BP i have to remind myself to really pinch the bar, for SQ i need to make controlled use of the elastic part at the bottom to get it easily up.

WooHoo! Well done. The Ques are a great idea. I think I could do with something like that for my chin ups.

Your food lists make my mouth water, duck breast with noodles sounds divine.

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Just now, Charlie_Quinn said:

Your food lists make my mouth water, duck breast with noodles sounds divine.

I can assure you it looks a lot better this way ;) it was just an average microwave meal, though the 6 or 7 mini-parts of duck breast tasted real good, now it just needed about 4 times more meat. I really am a fan of duck breast. (and meat in general, not that you could have derived that anywhere)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mr_willes said:

I agree, to me that's a base. No matter what you want to achieve (exercise-related) you should first master the 5K. Even take it a step further if you are seriously trying to exercise a good thing to strive for would be a sub 1 hour 10K.

Honestly, I'm not even going to think about 10k in anything other than a walking/hiking capacity until I can do 5k! It's a little intimidating...

4 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

If you want to make it fun, Zombies, Run! have a C25K program. Have a look if there's a Parkrun in your area too. It's a great way to start running.

Heh, I don't think I need sold on Zombies, Run! after everything I've seen about it on here! I'll download it and have a nosy, and I'll do some investigating on the Parkrun front as well.

...I think maybe I've just found what my next challenge is going to be based on!

• Like 4

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

37 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Honestly, I'm not even going to think about 10k in anything other than a walking/hiking capacity until I can do 5k! It's a little intimidating...

One step at a time. I still recall my first running workout. It was 1 min run followed by a 1 min walk, repeated 15 times. After 20 minutes i felt like i was dying! Now i run somewhere between 11K and 12K within the hour.

36 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

...I think maybe I've just found what my next challenge is going to be based on!

giphy221.gif

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

One step at a time. I still recall my first running workout. It was 1 min run followed by a 1 min walk, repeated 15 times. After 20 minutes i felt like i was dying! Now i run somewhere between 11K and 12K within the hour.

This is what I liked about the C25K overview, there was plenty of walk/run and not just runrunrun! But hey, if I can put together a solid enough plan that I survive running through a suitably soggy Scottish winter, then maybe 10k won't be too much of a demand...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Volki said:

Lol that video got me all hot a bothered ;D

I wasn't lying about it being sexy huh!

17 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

This is what I liked about the C25K overview, there was plenty of walk/run and not just runrunrun! But hey, if I can put together a solid enough plan that I survive running through a suitably soggy Scottish winter, then maybe 10k won't be too much of a demand...

Like with a lot of stuff the first part is the hardest. By the time i had mastered doing something of a decent run (more than half a hour) i got into calculating my speed. Started out at about 8.5 km/h nowadays i average about 11 - 12 km/h. So it does get better, you just have to get started.

• Like 2

W2D2 (#9) aka Tuesday

#1. "The Grind": 

• Squat: 3x5 @ 100 KG
  • Bench Press: 3x5 @ 57.5 KG
  • Overhead Press:  3x5 @ 42.5 KG
  • Deadlift: 1x5 @ 105 KG
  • Wilks: 179.21

#2. "Sensible Fuelling": 

1. Breakfast: All day protein shake and a sandwich with old cheese
  2. Lunch: salad / 2 brown pistolets with cream cheese and filet americain
  3. Dinner: Baked potatoes with skin, broccoli and crispy chicken
  4. Post workout: Hydrolisate shake
  5. Before bed: Night Protein (Micellar Casein)

#3. "Protein is Whey Cool":

1. Morning shake (combination of 6 types of protein) combined with Creatine at breakfast.
  2. Meat-leftovers for lunch
  3. A decent amount of meat during dinner
  4. Post-workout shake (Whey isolate)
  5. Protein shake before bedtime (Micellar Casein)

#4. "Lose the booze": 

• On Track (9/42)
  • Variances used 1/2

#### LifeQuest ###: 

• Week 1: Make list and prioritize: Not Done
  • Week 2: Get priority #1 out of the way: Not Done

### Remarkable ###:

Home late from work for doing some extra stuff. Took the dog for a walk, helped the kid with his homework. Needed some extra rest, so by the time the kids were in bed i crashed on the couch and caught some ZZZ's. Only to wake up and go to bed. Which meant i didn't prep and took my nightshake.

• Like 4

giphy.gif

So, you have $86,400 in your account and someone stole $10 from you, would you be upset and throw all of the $86,390 away in hopes of getting back at the person that took your $10? Or move on and live? Right, move on and live. See, we have 86,400 secs in every day so don't let someone's negative 10 seconds ruin the rest of the 86,390. Don't sweat the small stuff, life is bigger than that.

• Like 8

Wow, this thread exploded quickly! Following again of course!

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 7  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 2  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Honour amongst thieves

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

Was feeling so psyched i decided to let you guys join in on the fun... HYPE HYPE!!!

[WARNING]

Video starts with my ugly ass face very large on screen! :D

[/WARNING]

DAT ASS though :D

Deadpool-Thumb-Up-psd105366.png

Anybody noticed the text on the back of the shirt, it's sorta tribute to my challenge goal of not using the scales 

• Like 10