LongWing becomes Hashashin (sans illegal substances)

LongWing

I've always been interested with the concept of the assassin.  I've been trying without much success to really branch out and utilize my time more wisely - less netflix, more other.  I made the commitment to learn the guitar by signing up for a month of lessons - so far that's working.  Glad I read the Level Up your life book, Steve was right :)

I was a bit down with how I hadn't been doing the MovNat exercises when I planned them, but I'm feeling sore and achy - combination of age, sinusitis, and marching band season starting.  My daughter is in the guard and I am one of the dads that helps haul all of the props and equipment to and from the field for their show.   It occurred to me that I was doing a lot of exercise, it just wasn't the type I was planning.  So I'm going to incorporate it into this challenge, especially since her season doesn't end until the end of October.

I am going to prepare myself to become one of the brotherhood of assassins.  Just to be clear (not great at all of this yet) I don't plan on taking anyone out :)

Perfect the weapon

• Weekend 
    • Hone the clay into the mold for the spirit - Haul and load the props, instruments, and other gear for the saturday shows.  This is the equivalent of pushing 50lb sled about a mile per show.
    • Act and react with perfect balance and speed - Get in and out of the truck whenever possible.  Essentially, I'm jumping down from a 4 foot shelf with good posture at landing.  I'm also essentially doing a wall pushup and turning my body so I can sit.  In the beginning, I can sometimes vault into the truck with one foot catching.

Eating - cleanse the body to make it the perfect weapon

• Stop eating gluten free and go full paleo again
  • eat hashish drink more water

Meditation - refine the mind and spirit to make the perfect kill

• Pick a target, someone local and after scouting out their location, examine the terrain and determine best approach
  • Practice glowing ball technique - visualize a ball to move along skin, physically trying to relax the muscles under the ball while trying not to let mind wander (*squirrel*)
  • practice this at night before bed to rest the mind
  • Scan crowds at events and see who is trained and hiding, and who is not - scope out enemy.

Writing - know yourself/know your enemy

• research topics
    • Arthur
    • Hashashiin
    • Knights Templar
    • Telekinesis 

When I have completed these tasks, I will be ready to take out my target.  (Sneak up on my neighbor without him seeing me)

• Like 1

Nice of you to support your daughter by helping out, and heck yeah, that's a good amount of exercise! The Assassin's Darebee workout looks pretty intense, too. Thankfully, taking someone out isn't a requirement of the assassin's guild (at least as far as I know!). Looks like a good challenge! 

How are the guitar lessons going? 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

I love the faces and the running commentary. :) I do that too when I'm learning something new. Looks like you're getting the hang of it though!

As my parkour teacher says, "slow is precise, precise is fast, therefore slow is fast." Speed comes with time, you're hitting the chords well.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Manarelle said:

I love the faces and the running commentary. :) I do that too when I'm learning something new. Looks like you're getting the hang of it though!

As my parkour teacher says, "slow is precise, precise is fast, therefore slow is fast." Speed comes with time, you're hitting the chords well.  

Thanks, I appreciate it :)  I'm going to stop cutting on myself so much and just enjoy it.  Probably going to record my practice once a week, the night before I have my lesson.  Plus there's a parking garage that's mostly empty, might start bringing it and practicing at lunch on alternate days.

I just need to get rid of the perpetual sinus infection, going to the ENT tonight - will prolly need surgery.  Haven't done much exercise except for a few of the MovNat stretches/ground work.

• Like 1

Thanks, looks like I'm going to have surgery after all, I'll save you the nasty details.  I started doing this last night and I think I'm going to stick with it because it's low impact and might be doable right now.  Chronic sinus headaches are not fun.

https://www.movnat.com/ground-movements/

• Like 1

Nice! I've heard about MoveNat, but hadn't really looked into it. I think people underestimate how much getting little movements correct can impact pretty much everything you do. 

Sorry to hear you have to get surgery. Here's to an easy procedure and lots of positive results! Do you know when you'll have it done?