Terra fights back as Wonder Woman!

Terra

Wonder Woman is an Amazonian Princess who fights for good and I really need the power of a princess/goddess/amazon to get myself back on track this challenge cycle.  I am taking her many abilities and tying them to my goals (as always!)

5119107-screen+shot+2016-03-27+at+5.07.0

Wonder Woman has many powers according to the DC wiki and I have chosen to emulate and channel the following powers/abilities:  Enhanced Healing Factor, Superhuman Durability, Superhuman Strength, Wisdom of Athena, Indomitable Will and Animal Empathy.  See http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Diana_of_Themyscira_(New_Earth)

1.     Enhanced Healing Factor = Wonder Woman is able to quickly heal from injuries and I will facilitate my ACL repair recovery by taking care of my knee!

a.     Physical therapy exercises 3-4 times per week

b.     Ice when needed

c.      Lose weight  - This will happen or not, but my other goals should put my body in a position to drop weight if it is ready.   I will track my weight but there is no actual goal here.  

2.     Superhuman Durability  = Wonder Woman is highly resistant to damage and magical attacks.  In order to make myself more “anit-fragile” I will eat in a way that best supports my health!

a.     Water – Drink more water. I will drink an extra bottle of water at work each day.  Ill try to drink water more in the evenings too.  If I struggle with this I will start tracking this…

b.     Vegetables – Each week will see me try to increase my daily veggie intake by one.  ie: one added veggie per day this week.  Two veggie serving per day next week, three servings the week after.  My veggie intake is really down right now and I need to fix it NOW!!! 

c.      Mostly paleo – I know what and how I should be eating.  No grains, dairy or soy. 

d.    I'll track food (and maybe water) on MFP

3.     Superhuman Strength = Wonder Woman was granted the strength of the Earth by the Goddess Demeter (Goddess of the Earth) and she may be as strong as Superman.  I will start back on the path of becoming stronger because I want to be strong. (long tern goal is to get back to StrongLifts 5x5 or some other heavy lifting program!)

a.     Walk/Hike/indoor bike  This is necessary to strengthen my knee and will be done three times a week!

b.     Keep up attendance at BJJ class and begin technique practice with partners who understand my limits – Attendance at class 3-4 times per week and in October, I will likely start working technique with my hubby but no competitive rolling. 

c.      Yoga – I’m going to look into a yoga app on my Mac computer (no phones allowed) for my office and try to work in a little practice daily.  I may also trade a walk or indoor biking in for a NF yoga session.

d.     Lifting – I want to get back into a lifting program of some kind. My first step will be re-entry into the body weight conditioning class at our BJJ gym. Class attendance is pending my PT’s approval.  And once the weight room at the gym is established and I have my physical therapists approval; I will start the SL 5x5 program. 

4.     Wisdom of Athena and Indomitable Will = Wonder Woman is granted wisdom and intelligence by the Goddess Athena (Goddess of Wisdom) and she is know for her Indomitable will (willpower).  I will use my knowledge, strategy and willpower to nurture my family, friendships and my soul!!!

a.     Family – I will continue to strive for one-on-one time with each of my girls every day.  I will do something for the hubby every evening. He is so very helpful around the house and I will pitch in to do something for him as a way to show him that I care.  A reminder will be set in my phone so I don’t become distracted by facebook, NF forums or a book. 

b.     I will engage my friends and set up a monthly type of girl’s night out type of event.  I have already started a conversation with two friends about a monthly dinner. 

c.      I will take time to care for me by doing…  Something TBD

5.     Bonus: Animal Empathy =  Wonder Woman has the ability to communicate with all forms of animals and command wild animals when needed.  I will work on training skills with out new dog Captain (Capt. for short.)  We are working with a trainer and have homework after every meeting with her.  So I will do at least 2 training sessions with Capt each week! 

It looks like a lot but there is tons of details in the ^^^ above ^^^  write up. Overall my goals are simple: Take care of the knee, eat good food, exercise, nurture relationships and play with the dog.                                                                                                     

wonder-woman-closeup-3-inch-round-button

Edited to add some measurable beginning stats!

Weight (am of 9/21) = 176.5

Waist (@ bellybutton) = 37"

Hips (widest pt) 43"

Thighs (widest pt) L= 25" R = 26"

Calf (widest pt) L =17.5" R=16.75"

Bicep (mid pt) L=13.75" R=13.5"

Of note: I see the effects of my plantar facia release in the smaller right calf and the ACL repair on my smaller left thigh.  To find more balance will likely be a good thing to prevent further injury!!!

• Like 8

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Slow is smooth

I saw Wonder Woman and immediately felt the need to follow along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

Whatever your goals are you can't go wrong with Wonder Woman!  Of course I'm following along. :)

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

And who better to fight back! 

GalleryComics_1900x900_20141008_SENWW_00

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

2 minutes ago, Terra said:

Because habits trump motivation everyday!!!  

Truer words were never spoken! good habits is the best way to forge an impenetrable defense. 

Wonder-Woman-Rebirth-Origin-Gun.jpg

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

LOVE the new avatar. I had no idea animal empathy was one of her superpowers!

And you can force people to tell the truth. Possibly useful, although I hope most people we know are basically honest :-)

...actually we could put you officially in charge of guild-wide accountability! If you think anyone is not being quite honest with him/herself, you could just throw out that magic lasso ;-)

• Like 6

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

11 hours ago, Xena said:

And you can force people to tell the truth. Possibly useful, although I hope most people we know are basically honest :-)

...actually we could put you officially in charge of guild-wide accountability! If you think anyone is not being quite honest with him/herself, you could just throw out that magic lasso ;-)

I 2nd the motion. All in favor?

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

12 hours ago, Xena said:

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I 2nd the motion. All in favor?

I'm gonna vote Nay!  I'm actually very bad at seeing things like that.  Not to mention I try to always see the best in people, so picking out the ones who need a magic lasso of truth would be very hard for me.  I know that not everybody operates that way but that is how I choose to see the world.  An little naivety is part of my charm!  ;)

• Like 4

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

1 hour ago, Terra said:

I'm gonna vote Nay!  I'm actually very bad at seeing things like that.  Not to mention I try to always see the best in people, so picking out the ones who need a magic lasso of truth would be very hard for me.  I know that not everybody operates that way but that is how I choose to see the world.  An little naivety is part of my charm!  ;)

Completely fair enough, but I'm still gonna imagine it ;-)

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016

3 hours ago, Terra said:

Growth happens at our limits. If this is a growth area for you I'm going to encourage you even more to give it a try. You can narrow the focus, and make it about helping people see the best parts of themselves. Being too hard on ourselves is a form of dishonesty. Use your ability to see the best in people to speak the truth about the good you see in them they do not see in themselves. In that way the lasso of truth becomes a tool for strengthening others, and a way for you to share your gift of seeing the best in people.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I've added some initial measurements to my goals post above, just to give myself a starting point.  

Week 0 yesterday =  I am focused on getting back to the habits that are part of my goals.  I ate paleo yesterday, although a friend gave me two little coconut flour based pound cakes.  She was experimenting and made too many.  So I will freeze one of them for later and will focus on small portions of the other one this week (with fresh berries!) Otherwise I ate good and didn't overeat.  I had fruit at lunch but managed onions, red peppers and avocados in my naked fajita for dinner.  I drank an extra 24 oz of water at work.  I did my PT exercises while watching BJJ class.  I iced my knee later in the evening.  I spent a couple minutes talking with both girls about their day and gave them big hugs!  The hubby had a rough day.  I spent time talking to him about work, friends, BJJ, exercise and just life in general last night.  It is very common for patients to have bouts of depression after major surgeries and he is there right now.  I'm trying my best to be supportive and non-judgmental.  

• Like 9

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

14 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Growth happens at our limits. If this is a growth area for you I'm going to encourage you even more to give it a try. You can narrow the focus, and make it about helping people see the best parts of themselves. Being too hard on ourselves is a form of dishonesty. Use your ability to see the best in people to speak the truth about the good you see in them they do not see in themselves. In that way the lasso of truth becomes a tool for strengthening others, and a way for you to share your gift of seeing the best in people.

As always, you present an interesting interpretation.  I can almost always find the positive in things so maybe this is something I can do...  I think I'll give it a whirl!  @Xena since you suggested it I vote you should help!!!  We could make it a non-competitive PvP type of challenge to help our fellow Rangers...  

• Like 7

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

16 minutes ago, Terra said:

As always, you present an interesting interpretation.  I can almost always find the positive in things so maybe this is something I can do...  I think I'll give it a whirl!  @Xena since you suggested it I vote you should help!!!  We could make it a non-competitive PvP type of challenge to help our fellow Rangers...  

Exciting all around here! I think what Tank said is spot on. Definitely give it a whirl :) And I'm always up for more PvP/Co-op type challenges. Let me know how I can help!

Oh, and following, duh! Wonder Woman was a good choice, Terra ;)

W0lf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

15 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Exciting all around here! I think what Tank said is spot on. Definitely give it a whirl :) And I'm always up for more PvP/Co-op type challenges. Let me know how I can help!

Oh, and following, duh! Wonder Woman was a good choice, Terra ;)

W0lf

I'll let you know what I come up with on a mini PvP thing....  And It was a hard decision, choosing Wonder Woman, you gave me several wonderful options!!!  

• Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

5 hours ago, Terra said:

It's a great idea, and I'm 100% in. Let's help people be honest in whatever way makes sense. And I agree it's quite often that they are too hard on themselves.

I really like the way Tank turned this around.

• Like 4

Oct/Nov 2016