Rabs glorious return

ExpectJade

Hello everybody! 
Geuss what, i am back!
Full of motivation, inspiration and perspiration.

This challenge is very special for me. uring this challenge i will run the last viking run of the year, 19KM. It was a year of training and hardwork all coming to fruition in one challenge of body and mind. The ascension to valhalla.

So how am i going to prepare for this?
Well first of all, keep running, DON'T STOP RUNNING EVER. 
4 times a week running to prepare and take 3 days of in advance to get my muscles relaxed.

EATING IS KEY
Specificaly getting my snacking habbits in order. 
I will set up friday as my cheat day, i will be allowed to cheat one thing. 
I will also keep a photo food diary in order to track my food progress. i will post a share link for all of you who are interested.

• Like 6

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

Viking Brother!

5e61709d656d1b57e96aabfd1d4997b0.jpg

There is a very (teeny tiny) small chance i will be joining you... one of my friends still has a hunger for another OCR this year, but he has some negotiating to be done at home.

Either way i'm here to get you prepped as best as possible! And you need to be! I did the Warrior 2,5 weeks ago. Stepping up to Beast is not to be underestimated. Seriously! Work.Your.Ass.Off! You will thank me when you ascend The Valhalla Steps!

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Looks like a great challenge! I love obstacle course racing but I've never heard of a Viking Race sounds really cool. Following along for viking awesomeness :)

• Like 2

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Thought you might like this article as a fan of history

• Like 2

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

7 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Blasphemy!!!

This has to be fixed right away!

O.O! THAT. WAS. EPIC!!! I immediately went to the website to see if they had a race in the US but unfortunately it doesn't look like :(. Guess I'll just have to save up and travel to Europe for the most epic mud run ever :D

• Like 2

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

1 hour ago, Ryuu1011 said:

O.O! THAT. WAS. EPIC!!! I immediately went to the website to see if they had a race in the US but unfortunately it doesn't look like :(. Guess I'll just have to save up and travel to Europe for the most epic mud run ever :D

if you come over you can stay over here! Lots of space!

4 hours ago, Björn Járnhamar said:

Thought you might like this article as a fan of history

That is so interesting! Fun to see similarities with the continent! Thank you for sharing this with me

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rab397 said:

if you come over you can stay over here! Lots of space!

Maybe one day! I'd have to save up a lot of money first though, maybe a goal for 2017 :D

• Like 2

Update time

Today i ran 4.11 km's in 32 minutes. Still a bit slow in my opinion i would love to reach 5km in 30 minutes. This will get easier as i lose more weight ofcourse.
I also had a visit with my psychologist today, the second session ever. So far he is helping me a lot and i feel very comfortable with it. I decided to visist him because i came to peace with the idea that i cannot beat my bad habbits on my own and i need help. This was tough and i really hope this helps me enough.

We started working on my impulse eatings. Tracking them to find a patteren, and trying to alter the impulse actions. Instead of buying and eating chocolate. Eat a carrot. I really hope he can help my get some clarity in why i give in to my impulses so easy.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Rab397 said:

We started working on my impulse eatings. Tracking them to find a patteren, and trying to alter the impulse actions. Instead of buying and eating chocolate. Eat a carrot. I really hope he can help my get some clarity in why i give in to my impulses so easy.

I have the worst sweet tooth (like cookies for life <3 <3 <3) and I've done something similar to the carrot only whenever I want to buy some candy instead I'll buy a pack of gum (normally like the mint or spearmint kind) and chew on that and since they are both in the "impulse buy" section that seems to work pretty well :) Good luck with the psychologist! 

• Like 2

Not sure if you like the anthropology side of history but it's always intrigued me, so here and here are two articles related to Neadertals that I found interesting today,

• Like 1

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

11 hours ago, Rab397 said:

I also had a visit with my psychologist today, the second session ever. So far he is helping me a lot and i feel very comfortable with it. I decided to visist him because i came to peace with the idea that i cannot beat my bad habbits on my own and i need help. This was tough and i really hope this helps me enough.

I think it's very brave of you to go there and deal with your issues. Well done! 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45