• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jakkals

Jakkals mik vir 100%

Another challenge? Where does the time go?

After a very bad winter I have decided to do stick to the basic stuff. The goal is to do everything everyday without fail until Christmas. Since I started last Thursday it is now day 6 of 100% for 100 days. Nothing weird or over the top, just doing the basics.

1. Yoga

Yoga every day. Without fail. Even if it is just a mini session, but preferably not. And since the only time I can do it is at 5 in the morning Sundays are going to be difficult. But I will do it.

2. Journal

I am using a journal template to kickstart this journalling thing again. I tend to rush through it, but it is helpful. And it also include gratitude so I have to think about that too.

3. Battle Log

I am also running a battle log with small things I must do every day. It helps a lot to keep me on top of things.

Rise and shine: Up every morning at five and do something useful

750 words: Write every day. I am also allowed to do a typing lesson in stead of writing if time is short and youtube and quora sucked me in.

Cleaning: Every day, no matter how little. It works.

Bed: Make my bed every day. Preferably in the morning, right at the time when the dogs are doing their wrestling.

Garden: Work in the garden every day. This is a big yard, and I am not good at plants and stuff but I can keep the place clean and neat.

Meditation: Obviously

Movement: While walking the dogs in the evening do something more than just slogging along.

Shower: Every day. This is very difficult when I have depression.

German: I am busy learning German on Duolingo. At the moment I am 37% fluent. Progress is slow and lazy but I do something daily.

Reading: Read every day. This is something I love and everybody I know hates, so I have to make time for it.

4. Piano

Learn to play the piano. I am at the level where hitting middle C is an achievement, so another few years to go here.

14364659_1808705986082892_45877173497950

• Like 6

Day 6/100

Puppies are only cute because the ugly parts get dropped in smelly piles on the carpet. How on earth do they contain so much? And why do I have to step in it on a Sunday morning?

Very boring day, packing stuff, me alone the whole day with my brain. By late afternoon I suddenly realized my brain has stopped chattering at me. Very relaxing.

And another day in which challenge stuff only get done late at night. My intentions are good.

1. Yoga Water A

2. Journal done

3. Battle log 10/10

4. Piano done

14333632_567523890106145_757690002365071

• Like 8

Day 8/100

Vonk decided to roll in something . He got a very rude wash under the hosepipe with cold water.

Someone I should have known better died today. I am not sure how I should feel, but I did not know her name, but feel very sorry for her brother and mother whom I like.

1. Yoga water A

2. Journal done

3. battle log 10/10

4. Piano. One youtube lesson and practical proof that I have a long way to go.

• Like 2

Thanks. I think the reason I am most upset is she was 38, has a year old child and died of heart failure. .

Almost human today. The last two days were rough, I was extremely tired and unable to concentrate, and I started getting a headache late this afternoon. I did take some aspirin, I hope it will help me.

1. Yoga water B

2. Journal done

3. Battle log 10/10

4. Piano done. 

• Like 2

It can be surprisingly hard when someone dies, even if it was someone you didn't know well. And so young? Leaving behind a small child? It can have an unexpected effect. I watched Downton Abbey set near World War I and thinking lots of young people were dying, in the war, but also of flu and childbirth and car accidents. We are not used to having people die so young anymore. Hang in there.

And good on the piano! Keep it up.

• Like 2

The piano is going to take a long time. but I will get there, a tiny little bit every day. That is the way I learned to do touch typing.

I woke up this morning at four with stomach cramps. I had some issues, did my yoga and stuff, went to a church do very early and ate too much on top of my guts. Then I wnet home, sat down in the chair for a little bit and ended up sleeping most of the morning, and most of the afternoon.

I got a text message this evening. 

Saturday night movie were Monsters. Inc. Enjoyed it very much, I have never seen it before.

1. Yoga Water A

2. Journal done

3. Battle log 10/10

4. Piano done

• Like 3

Learning something new can be like walking to Mordor, yes? One step at a time, a little bit further every day, be it touch typing or piano or a new language.

Hope you are feeling better today.

• Like 1

One step at at time, taking lots of diversions to smell the flowers along the way. My youtube course and my book course are out of sync, but it is interesting to see how they complement each other. I have decided it is easier than learning touch typing. For now.

Sunday.

I got up a little too late to do the yoga I wanted to do. So I did a shoulder mobility session. I also fiddled around, kept myself busy and finished a book. And I tried to do something at the workshop but things did not work out well.

And I laughed out loud today. It was when the dogs played. I cannot remember when was the last time I laughed. It was weird.

1. Yoga Shoulder Mobility

2. Journal done

3. Battle log 10/10

4. Piano done. 

• Like 4

Oh Jakkals, you've had an event-full couple of days. So sorry about the lady.

LOL about Puppy and Vonk giving you a smelly time! I've had to endure feeding our beardies Dubia roaches! I was shivering in revulsion the whole time, but hope it gets better with time, because its easier to feed them these than crickets.

You are doing great with movement, piano, learning German, and so much more everyday! Woot! Woot! How's spring treating you? You guys getting some rain down there?

7 hours ago, Twilight said:

Laughing! :D

And it gets worse. This morning I caught myself whistling. If it keeps on like this I am in grave danger of becoming happy.

13 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

LOL about Puppy and Vonk giving you a smelly time! I've had to endure feeding our beardies Dubia roaches! I was shivering in revulsion the whole time, but hope it gets better with time, because its easier to feed them these than crickets.

You are doing great with movement, piano, learning German, and so much more everyday! Woot! Woot! How's spring treating you? You guys getting some rain down there?

I have got a deal with cockroaches. If they do not come near me I do not scream like a girl. Fortunately the big ones are very rare around here. I have been known to throw one to death with shoes while standing on the bed. I am in touch with my feminine side.

Spring is fine around here. We are still waiting for rain, but this morning was cloudy. I wish it would rain well this season.

Lazy Monday at work. I spend too much time online, disgusted with myself.

And I finally got out all the music books in the house. My sister did up to grade 7 and a lot of her books are here. There are also some other things, but I have got enough to keep me busy for a long long time. There is also a book of Great Songs of the Sixties that looks within my reach. But for now I am just doing the basics. Plonk plonk plonk on an untuned piano

1. Yoga Water B

2. Journal done.

3. Battle log 10/10

4. Piano done

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Jakkals said:

I have got a deal with cockroaches. If they do not come near me I do not scream like a girl. Fortunately the big ones are very rare around here. I have been known to throw one to death with shoes while standing on the bed. I am in touch with my feminine side.

LOL! The good part is I don't have cockroaches running around the house, I actually have to buy feeder roaches for the beardies, otherwise your reaction sounds pretty much like mine!

By the sounds of it you are doing great with the piano. Do I see a video for us in the future? *nudge nudge wink wink*.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jakkals said:

And it gets worse. This morning I caught myself whistling. If it keeps on like this I am in grave danger of becoming happy.

This made me snort real loud at the office, people are looking at me funny, i don't care.

Great to hear this Jakkals!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Do I see a video for us in the future? *nudge nudge wink wink*.

The time when I can do a bad demonstration is still far in the future. But I did manage a reasonable version of "Mary had a little lamb" tonight.

And my father had a breakdown tonight. I had to go and fetch him on a farm halfway between here and nowhere. We just hope the car did not have much damage. And I know he is almost blind but I did not realize how bad it is once I saw him trying to drive in the dark.

Human today

1. Yoga Water A

2, Journal done

3. Battle log 10/10

4. Piano done

• Like 3

The time when I can do a bad demonstration is still far in the future. But I did manage a reasonable version of "Mary had a little lamb" tonight.

And my father had a breakdown tonight. I had to go and fetch him on a farm halfway between here and nowhere. We just hope the car did not have much damage. And I know he is almost blind but I did not realize how bad it is once I saw him trying to drive in the dark.

Human today

1. Yoga Water A

2, Journal done

3. Battle log 10/10

4. Piano done

Is your old man alright?

Sent from the dragon's lair

9 hours ago, Jakkals said:

Glad he is ok, and good luck with the car!

You can play Mary had a little lamb?! You're already much better than I ever was. In primary school a friend tried to give me some piano lessons. It was better for our friendship that we stop :P

Never ever accept payment for a job before you have finished it. There are so many psychological things about working, knowing you will not get money for it, that it is unreal. It is better to work and not get payed.

My father and the car is OK. The fan belt broke and it was an easy fix with no other damage.

1. Yoga Water B

2. Journal done

3. Battle log 10/10

4. Piano done

Spoiler

Mary had a little lamb

Her father shot it dead

Now it goes to school with her

Between two slices of bread

Mary had a little lamb

It was white and frisky

Then it got foot and mouth