Finally lunch break. (Its quarter past 12 here) looked forward to this the whole day. I think I'm addicted to this forum :D

Yesterday I rewarded myself for staying with the slow-carb diet over the weekend: I played the whole evening League of Legends with friends.

• Like 2

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch

When u r awake before the alarmclock and do push ups to fill the time till ur clock rings, then you must be ...

Spoiler

rly want to change something.

Good morning World!

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch

Today my boss ran into my office: YOU WON THE JACKPOT!

Once a week I have to go now and do an course to learn Excel. Another 2 hours of my free time in a week gone. But ok let's do this. It's at least something useful. I just hope that I don't have to start with the beginnings like in school: This is the close button. And this is the button to safe your document......

Good news!  I found a room to rent. Just in time. :D

I feel like there is a hugh weight away from my shoulders.

Only sad point: Have to beg my parents to help me pay the security deposit.

• Like 2

Today I failed my slow carb diet. I was so happy that I got the room and so frustrated after work, so i bought chocolate.  (Was even more frustrated that I didnt got my favorite chocolate!) Sometimes I hate work. The people there are so stressed. Sure you can't chill all day, but I really think the company needs at least one employee more in the office (The company has 20 employees total.) You can't expect that two apprentices do the work of two experienced employees. I just hope that this will get better when i get more routine in my own work. But I guess then I will just get more tasks.

Something else: Found out how to train touch typing and vocabulary. I write Anki Flashcard.

Did an unusual workout yesterday and got the result today: my legs and shoulders aching.

I carried 10 times between 2 and 10 kg and once 25kg (heavy schoolbooks) downstairs (second floor) and then 400 meter to my car.

I left my old apartment yesterday. I thought I took just the absolute necessary things when I moved from my parents home to the apartment. But I guess my definition of absolutely necessary is a different then the one of others :D

I drove home to my parents because I have a longer weekend (3th october is a workfree day in Germany). On monday I will carry all my absolutely necessary stuff to my new room. (I look happily forward to the aching muscles on tuesday.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IAmInfinite said:

Definitely an unusual workout :P

But congratulations on finding a new apartment! And I agree, this forum is certainly addicting. It might be a small problem .... :D

How is your language learning? 

I like to follow your comments. Don't need to read everything then. :D

I don't have trouble to keep up with my schedule for Japanese and Swedish. But I ignored English completely last week. Only exception was my English homework for school and the typing in the forum, where I have to google sometimes unknown words.

19 minutes ago, Akari said:

I like to follow your comments. Don't need to read everything then. :D

I don't have trouble to keep up with my schedule for Japanese and Swedish. But I ignored English completely last week. Only exception was my English homework for school and the typing in the forum, where I have to google sometimes unknown words.

Aww, thanks :P

Well, two out of three is still pretty spectacular, and your English is still impressive :D 

Kender Rogue    --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Battle Log ~ Epic Quest  ~ Insta 

1 hour ago, IAmInfinite said:

Aww, thanks :P

Well, two out of three is still pretty spectacular, and your English is still impressive :D 

Impressive in the meaning of "compared to German politician it's good" (even my ears hurt when they talk english in public) or "could be worse" or "there aren't many mistakes and it's fluent"?

1 hour ago, Akari said:

Impressive in the meaning of "compared to German politician it's good" (even my ears hurt when they talk english in public) or "could be worse" or "there aren't many mistakes and it's fluent"?

The third. With a large range in vocabulary and few mistakes with grammar.

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Battle Log ~ Epic Quest  ~ Insta 

Weekly Report:

(my week 2)

Languages: As I mentioned above I kept up with my Japanese and Swedish schedule but ignored to practise Englisch this week.

Slow carb diet: One day I have eaten a whole chocolate bar (100g) and another day some cookies. But besides this, I ignored all things containing white flour. And I got rewarded: I lost 1kg weight. Last time I used a scale was 3 weeks ago. I don't own a scale so I have to use the one in my parents home. I'm honestly surprised. Now I weigh 61kg (135lb) on a high of 1,73m (5"8) :D

Touch typing: I increased my overall speed.

two hands without looking: 90  -> 110 keystrokes/minute

two hands with looking on the keyboard: 170 keystrokes/minute

(one hand, writing words from a screen: 175 -> 200 keystrokes/minute)

Running: I went out today afternoon to walk my dog and thought: It's raining, you don't wear running shoes and your clothes are too warm, but who cares. Let's run a mile.

My dog was happy that he had plenty of time to chase mice, while I forced myself to not stop till I finished the mile.

Workout: 5 days beginner workout and 2 days rest

I tried to hold a plank. After 30 seconds I had to stop.

• Like 3

Today is a wonderful day.

The sun is shining, it's cold outside, my muscles hurt because I did to many lunges this weekend, my back hurts because my new bed is as comfortable as the floor. It's nice to have a furnished room, but I want my bed at home back. Should have taken my mattress with me. There was still space in my car. (It's the old family car. Enought space to drive with 5 people to vacation) And at work I have to do the work of 2 because my fellow apprentice is ill. And of course everything has to be done TODAY.

And the most important: my laptop shut himself down yesterday and refused to go on again. I really hope that it is okay today. Can't effort a new one and I don't want to ask my parents because I owe them enough.

Okay , enough of whining. After work I'll take the bike and discover my neighborhood. 

And I got 2 new quests for me:

1. Bike to school instead of driving. This are just 3 km, so it's no problem.

2. Play your trumpet 5 min a day.

I started to learn trumpet 3 years ago.(Played clarinet before) But I stopped playing after 1 years because I didn't liked my teacher. I asked for playing songs and didn't even muttered when this songs where some for children. But my teacher wanted to do just technical practice. It's like when you say to someone: Before you speak your first sentence in a new language you have to know each aspect of grammar. Next week I increase the time. At the moment more isn't possible because my lip muscles aren't trained. I got a mute (a device to reduce the volume), so there will be no excuse not to play. 

Lunch break is over. Need to go back to work.

• Like 1

The sun is shining, you managed to do a ton of exercise, you have your own apartment! I'm sorry about your work and your laptop, hopefully everything will work out.

Being able to afford things is tough.

Yay for music! The trumpet is really cool, and I totally get you on the teacher aspect. I stopped formally playing the viola because of that, but I still play at church. Good luck on building your muscles and music!

• Like 1

Weekly Report:

(my week 3)

Summary: Expressed in school grades from 1 to 6 - I got a 5. Not enough to pass.

Workout: I did it daily.

Running: 2 times this week

Room: It's tidy.

Slow Carb Diet: At least one meal per day I ate what i wanted, a lot of sugar included.

Languages: I did not enough.

Trumpet: Just half of the days

Touch Typing: No practice at all

Some good news:

I have a "new" PC. It's old, slow, extremely loud and it's able to run League of Legends. I got a ms office (version 2000) too. Don't need more to be happy. And I convinced my brother that he doesn't need his 3 kg dumbbell anymore. :D

• Like 2

When your examining your week keep in mind that you want to do so many things that it's normal that sometimes one or two of your goals won't make it. Looks like a good week even though it can still be improved ;)

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

Someone help me, please!

The apartment where I live has 2 rooms. The other room is used by a girl in my age (she were at home and came back Sunday, didn't saw her before).

The problem is, she is obsessed by cleaning. She has put notes everywhere in the kitchen and bathroom: clean the kitchen after cooking, close the toilet door, clean the sink in the bath after using, be silent in the morning, clean the sink in the kitchen (even water stains she doesn't like) I know my personal room isn't 100% tidy but the kitchen I left clean and tidy, everything is at its place. I don't know how to deal with this. I will for sure NOT dry the kitchen sink every time I washed my dishes. And btw, I tried to be silent in the morning, but she can't expect that I will make zero noises. This is so frustrating.

I don't do a good job in staying with slow carb food.

On Tuesday afternoon the server in my company crashed and it wasn't fixed till Wednesday afternoon. So there was no work at all possible because every data is saved on the server. On Wednesday morning my boss gave everybody tasks like clean your office, store old folders in the archive, paint the doors in the production building :D And at lunch, we had buns with raw minced meat. And of course, I ate too much. And today I ate a few of the left buns. That much to "don't eat white flour". And someone had chocolate...

Weekly Report for official Week 2

(my week 3)

This week work was fun. The woman who is my "teacher" in the enterprise became ill. (I'm soooooo sorry, even more, to hear she won't come back next week either) The result was I had time to do my tasks, despite the fact that I had to answer the main telephone. I also got tasks that make sense (not all the stuff she doesn't want to do). And I didn't felt like someone is watching me all the time.

Diet: I did a terrible job. Next week I will just eat the allowed things. Can't drink choko cappucino anymore, because it's empty. Have to stick with coffee now.

Language Learning: I made a plan, 2 hours per day learning, divided in 4 Pomodoro units. And I wrote down what to learn when (Japanese, Schwedisch, English, Learn for apprenticeship). I'm getting used to it. Just have to redefine a bit. I think I cut out Friday completly. Friday afternoon is like: yay finally weekend, let's just play League of Legends till late night with friends :D or at the moment: watch Worlds.

Touch typing: I didn't made progress. But I'm willing to continue practice. I asked the woman in my office, who does accounting, to do a speedtest. She had 350 keystrokes/ minute x) I don't have to reach this tommorow but at the end of my apprenticeship.

Workout/ Running: Next week I have school again. Means for me I am one hour earlier at home on the two schooldays. First of all, I will bike to school. It's just 4 kilometers away from my apartment, so it's no problem. And the positive effect is, that I save money by not using the car. Back home I want to just drop my schoolbag and go out running. I think to say "go running on schooldays" is better then to say "go running on 2 days per week". For workout: I will do it each day when I am back home. S I can't say in the evening "I'm too tired" Not today anymore".

Trumpet: I practised 5 min before going to bed and I'm making progress already. Higher tunes are more difficult then lower ones and I'm able to reach some of them again.

• Like 1

At the beginning of this challenge I was so highly motivated. Now I struggle to stay with it. I fall back in the old habit to play League of Legends. Season ends soon. And at the moment is the World Championship.

Have soon some tests in school. It's easy but I still have to learn it or I will not pass with an excellent result. It's too easy to not get a 1 or a 2. (Grades: 1-6, 1 is the best) 

Motiation always falls over the course of time, and the point of four weeks is that you leave motivation behind and start developing habits. A struggle is normal, and something that you are trying to get over. How are your habits going? They might be better than you think they are. It might also give you an idea of what days are harder and why - therefore what you need to combat to get better.

And good luck on your tests! I'm sure you will be great, keep working at it! <3 

• Like 2