• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hyrulian Yogi

[Hyrulian Yogi] A Cactus Needs A Strong Heart

6 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

You know, wine is mostly water... ;) 

And the rest is fruit, which is, like, totally good for you.

---

Good work getting in the yoga before your tattoo session, even if the benefits felt short lived. That just means it will feel that much better next time you're able!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SaltyDragon said:

And the rest is fruit, which is, like, totally good for you.

---

Good work getting in the yoga before your tattoo session, even if the benefits felt short lived. That just means it will feel that much better next time you're able!

Very true, grapes are all kinds of healthy! :P 

Thank you, It's always nice to hear. I'm really looking forward to my next session, I'm a little nervous as to when that will be as I don't want to interfere with the healing of the tattoo. Can't wait to be all healed up completely in two months after the last session and not have to worry about any of this, haha. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Don't forget we want pictures of the finished tat. :)

Sent from the dragon's lair

I will definitely show you pictures once it's finished on November 19th, with the shading and all. I can't wait to see the final result (although I'm not looking forward to the pain :P )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Yeah, I wish somebody had warned me about the pain when I got my back piece.

I was indecisive for the placement and the artist didn't tell me anything so it wouldn't interfere with my decision... but yeah... apparently the back of the thigh is one of the most painful places of all. I have 6 tattoos and even the ankle felt like a breeze compared to that. 

I heard that doing a big back piece is extremely painful in the moment but that it heals fast. At least that's good news, haha. 

I was indecisive for the placement and the artist didn't tell me anything so it wouldn't interfere with my decision... but yeah... apparently the back of the thigh is one of the most painful places of all. I have 6 tattoos and even the ankle felt like a breeze compared to that. 

I heard that doing a big back piece is extremely painful in the moment but that it heals fast. At least that's good news, haha. 

Right between my shoulder blades over the spine. Hurt like bloody hell.

On 10/14/2016 at 11:26 AM, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Right between my shoulder blades over the spine. Hurt like bloody hell.

Yeah. I'm not ready for a back tattoo anytime soon. Ankles and arms are my favorite placements at the moment. :P 

Week 3 Overview

YOGA - Bend, don't break. (3x a week) 1/3

Only ended up doing the one session before I got tattooed. My leg has been sensitive so I was careful.

WEIGHTS - Stronger than ever. (2x a week) 0/2 

Didn't hit the gym, mostly for sanitary reason and to not risk infection. 

BODY/MIND - Heal. (2.5L of water/day) 3/7

Same as always, went out every night of the weekend, ending up two or three cups of water short. 

SOUL - You are what you think. (Positive Affirmations daily) 4/7

Didn't write affirmations at all this weekend. I've been very lazy. :(

tumblr_obvjoic8SZ1qcl91go1_500.gif

Week 4

YOGA - Bend, don't break. (3x a week) 0/3

I teached my class this morning and there was only 2 people again. I think the fact that it's a 7am class on a Monday influences the number of people showing up, but the gym wants to investigate and see if it's the schedule or my teachings. Might be losing my yoga class... I'm trying to not let it stress me out but it is. 

I'm gonna need a nice long yoga session after work when I get home. 

I'll go tomorrow for some squats and leg presses. My faves. 

BODY/MIND - Heal. (2.5L of water/day) 0/7

Going pretty well right now for the water. Hopefully I'll hit my numbers. 

SOUL - You are what you think. (Positive Affirmations daily) 0/7

Only had time to draw a tarot card this morning, I will finish the affirmations after work, as well. 

• Like 4

That's upsetting to hear about your yoga class. I hope you're right about it being the schedule (that would keep me away :(). For what it's worth, I haven't known you long, but I find your remarks and advice very insightful, and I appreciate the things you have taught me so far.

Hope you get to unwind with some yoga after work. Drink some water, hit the gym, and I'm sure it'll all work out in the end!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SaltyDragon said:

That's upsetting to hear about your yoga class. I hope you're right about it being the schedule (that would keep me away :(). For what it's worth, I haven't known you long, but I find your remarks and advice very insightful, and I appreciate the things you have taught me so far.

Hope you get to unwind with some yoga after work. Drink some water, hit the gym, and I'm sure it'll all work out in the end!

Thank you very much, it feels so good to hear this. I also personally wouldn't go to a 7am class unless it's the summer, it feels much easier when there's sunlight and it's warm in the morning. 

1 hour ago, Vibrantella said:

Sadly, me too!  Can they change your session time/day?

At first, the manager stopped me to ask me if I could teach at 6:30pm instead and I said yeah. So it was pretty much set in stone that I'd pass my approbation, but now she said she wants to ask the students if they're not going to the class because of the time or if they just don't like my style of teaching. It's a little nerve-wrecking but deep down I know that everything happens for a reason. Whatever happens, it will be for the best. 

• Like 3

Week 4

YOGA - Bend, don't break. (3x a week) 0/3

The day I said I really needed yoga after work, I ended up having a very last minute invitation for a coffee date. It was nice but after the coffee, we got a drink and then pizza. Yoga never happened. Yesterday, I had an extremely stressful day all-around and got home at midnight. I passed out right away. 

I'm only working in the evening tomorrow so I will have time to hit the gym. Finally. :-D 

BODY/MIND - Heal. (2.5L of water/day) 1/7

I hit my goals for the Tuesday, which is surprising considering I did a double. (I'm cheating a little because I had lots of coffee in the morning but anyway)

SOUL - You are what you think. (Positive Affirmations daily) 0/7

I miss my affirmations!!!!!!! 

I let stress consume my brain since Monday and I'm done allowing this zombie that is anxiety to harass me. I do have a taco date (I'm really going on lots of different dates recently... I just noticed. Weird.) but I will take the time when I get home (hopefully not late) to do my affirmations and a sleep yoga routine. 

Have a beautiful day my cuties. 

• Like 4

On 10/11/2016 at 2:09 PM, Hyrulian Yogi said:

if you hadn't guessed yet, am French Canadian haha

Fantastique! Je viens de Colombie Britannique, où tous le monde parlent anglais, mais j'étais dans une école primaire immersion française.

Oh gosh, I'm sure that's rife with mistakes, I haven't written French since college! 

On 10/19/2016 at 4:02 PM, Hyrulian Yogi said:

I'm done allowing this zombie that is anxiety to harass me.

pride-and-prejudice-and-zombies.jpg?itok

You got this girl.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2016 at 7:53 PM, Tziganette said:

Fantastique! Je viens de Colombie Britannique, où tous le monde parlent anglais, mais j'étais dans une école primaire immersion française.

Oh gosh, I'm sure that's rife with mistakes, I haven't written French since college! 

pride-and-prejudice-and-zombies.jpg?itok

You got this girl.

Votre français est impeccable. Je n'ai absolument rien à redire! :) 

Thank you for the good vibes. It's always appreciated! 

Challenge Recap

(what? it's done already? what happened?!)

tumblr_nzlko8vu2e1ugx6yao1_500.jpg

What I've realized looking back on this challenge is that I'm very hard on myself. I was asking for only perfection and nothing less, when in reality, I would never expect such a thing from anyone or ask them to be perfect for me. I need to learn to let go more. My next challenge will have very similar goals, if not the same goals, but I think I will leave more space to breathe. Time is not my friend right now, with 3 jobs. And I lost track of what's truly important, which is finding self-love. 

My heart still feels weak and achy. I'm still looking for validation through others and I think it's proof right there of what I'm lacking. I'm glad to be learning life's lessons, although sometimes it's difficult. 

So, I did not meet my challenge's goals. But it's okay. I will do better next time. :-) 

• Like 3

Okay, quick confession... at first glance, I thought those were cupcakes. Aye, this is what happens when I deprive myself of delicious pastry! :rolleyes:

Anyhow... Yes, it's a good idea not to be so hard on yourself. Allowing yourself mistakes is not lowering your standards – you have to give yourself room to grow and improve. From what I saw, you accomplished a lot of good things, and I'm sure learned a little about yourself along the way. Maybe a little adjustment is all that's in order.

I like to track a lot of my goals cumulative over the whole challenge, as opposed to week by week. This way, a few bad days – or even a whole week – is still recoverable. It's a lot less psychologically discouraging this way, and less likely to result in giving up. Obviously this doesn't translate well to things like daily water intake, but for a lot of workouts and such, I find it pretty effective.  Something to think about. You probably know already what works better for you.

Good work, and I hope to see you on the next one!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SaltyDragon said:

Okay, quick confession... at first glance, I thought those were cupcakes.

I seriously thought the same thing, lol.

8 hours ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

I'm glad to be learning life's lessons, although sometimes it's difficult. 

So, I did not meet my challenge's goals. But it's okay. I will do better next time. :-) 

Any lesson is a level up in my book! Good job this challenge! Keep up the good work :)

16 hours ago, SaltyDragon said:

Okay, quick confession... at first glance, I thought those were cupcakes. Aye, this is what happens when I deprive myself of delicious pastry! :rolleyes:

Anyhow... Yes, it's a good idea not to be so hard on yourself. Allowing yourself mistakes is not lowering your standards – you have to give yourself room to grow and improve. From what I saw, you accomplished a lot of good things, and I'm sure learned a little about yourself along the way. Maybe a little adjustment is all that's in order.

I like to track a lot of my goals cumulative over the whole challenge, as opposed to week by week. This way, a few bad days – or even a whole week – is still recoverable. It's a lot less psychologically discouraging this way, and less likely to result in giving up. Obviously this doesn't translate well to things like daily water intake, but for a lot of workouts and such, I find it pretty effective.  Something to think about. You probably know already what works better for you.

Good work, and I hope to see you on the next one!!

Cupcakes for the win, haha! 

First of all, thank you for the positive vibes all-around. It means a lot to me. And I love your idea of cumulative points, I think I will actually do this for my next challenge. Thank you and I hope you had an amazing day!

15 hours ago, EternalJourno said:

I seriously thought the same thing, lol.

Any lesson is a level up in my book! Good job this challenge! Keep up the good work :)

Yay, cupcakes! 

Thank you so much, it means a lot. I hope you had a great day as well. :-)

• Like 1