• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Infinity.Creates

Juice Bar (come talk!)

1 hour ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

I wasn't here for some time. Are mini challenges still a thing in the rebels section?

Unfortunately not. The guild leader has been missing for the past few challenges, so Stella and I decided that we would start with making a talk thread, and maybe in a challenge or two feel confident enough to run a mini challenge for rebels.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PhysicsObeysMe said:

Unfortunately not. The guild leader has been missing for the past few challenges, so Stella and I decided that we would start with making a talk thread, and maybe in a challenge or two feel confident enough to run a mini challenge for rebels.

Yup! So if all goes well, could definitely be on the table :D  

I think this is a great idea. :D

A little late to the party, but I haven't even thought about rewarding myself if I complete a week or the whole challenge, probably because I have yet to 100% something. But that's okay! I've already developed some better habits, I just need to fine-tune them so they really stick with me.

I figure it's better repeat goals and build a better foundation than skip around and potentially lose something. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kvedulf said:

I'm back with the Rebels! Because Rebels have more fun :D

Welcome back and hello for the first time. xD

You'll find here some ambitious new newbies (me included) who are to affraid to go into deep water (the other guilds) yet and who are always up for having fun. :D And some trying to take over the rebels forum with posting a lot. ^^ How the heck can @Stellakin have 5 times the number of posts than I when we started a week ago together?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Akari said:

You'll find here some ambitious new newbies (me included) who are to affraid to go into deep water (the other guilds) yet and who are always up for having fun. :D And some trying to take over the rebels forum with posting a lot. ^^ How the heck can @Stellakin have 5 times the number of posts than I when we started a week ago together?

Looool.

I want to beat 150 so I can change my username to my alter ego, and I like posting in everyone's threads. That way people tend to post in yours, and then you follow each other even when you separate into different guilds! 

I also get really bored and just post everywhere.

• Like 1

FIRST DAY OF THE CHALLENGE

Image result for excited gif

How's everyone feeling? I've seen an explosion in the challenge threads here, and I'm so excited! Any thoughts, motivation, words of warning or encouragement? 

Make those habits obey you!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Akari said:

8982895.gif

But in all seriousness, I could natter for days. I'm just so addicted to this bloody site, haha! :D 

• Like 1

HAPPY CHALLENGE DAY! So excited to begin this adventure with you all! I love having the juice bar for times like now when we are all pumped and motivated, but I know it's going to be super useful when we are slugging our way around mid challenge just looking for a positive boost! I've been nervous about this challenge up until today. I was definitely overthinking and making too many massive goals. Today I feel confident that I can do this! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

• Like 1

@Rosie's Riveter HAPPY CHALLENGE DAY INDEED! :D 

yeah, I completely agree; I love how pumped everybody is for their challenge; its such an infectious energy. But I hope that this will really come in handy when we all have those down-days, or slip-up and need a teency bit of encouragement from their fellow rebels :) 

• Like 1

FIRST DAY OF THE CHALLENGE

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2Fexcited-baby.gif

How's everyone feeling? I've seen an explosion in the challenge threads here, and I'm so excited! Any thoughts, motivation, words of warning or encouragement? 

Make those habits obey you!

Well, I made major progress in cleaning up my garden yesterday. I'm going to go back out there now. So there's a challenge goal worked towards! Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrific idea! Thanks! My stated goals this time are direct and simple (trying to learn from past experience!), and I have a few things rattling around that I'll pay attention to for growth and future goals. Good to respawn with all of you!

Thanks for starting a chat thread :)  All Rebels are in your debt - it's a good way for people to get to know each other and be silly and refill the motivation tank when things start to feel sloggy and uninspiring. And it'd be awesome to have some mini-challenges in future! Anything that makes people more likely to have fun with the challenge and stick it through to the end is a good thing. 

If you do start challenges in future, maybe we could find a way to share the workload of managing them? We could take turns organizing them so it doesn't all fall on one or two people. I'd take a turn if it'd help. 

Good luck on your challenges, nerds!

I'll ask an icebreakery question to find out more about you lot - an idea I stole from @NeverThatBored's most recent challenge thread. If you want, tell us about something you cannot currently do that you want to be able to do, and will be able to do in future if you stick to your goals. It might be running a 5K or running the Boston marathon...it might be holding crow pose or speaking fluent Icelandic or doing a pullup or cooking a perfect souffle.

I'll go first: I love rock climbing. So far I've only done it indoors, and the hardest routes I can reliably climb are rated 5.9. I can climb some 5.10s, but not all. But all of the climbing I've done is top-roping (which means the safety rope is attached to the top of the climb above you) and I have a really hard time with overhang climbs, where the wall leans back as you go up. See this picture below? It's a picture from my climbing gym. See the guy climbing the big overhung wall? I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT. First off he's climbing an overhang like a badass, and secondly he's doing something called lead-climbing: where you bring the safety rope up with you and manually clip in to anchor stations as you climb. It's much harder. DO WANT. I need to be stronger, and probably to weigh less. But it will happen. Oh yes.

16171527964_3e1d2b3395_o.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Severine said:

Thanks for starting a chat thread :)  All Rebels are in your debt - it's a good way for people to get to know each other and be silly and refill the motivation tank when things start to feel sloggy and uninspiring. And it'd be awesome to have some mini-challenges in future! Anything that makes people more likely to have fun with the challenge and stick it through to the end is a good thing. 

If you do start challenges in future, maybe we could find a way to share the workload of managing them? We could take turns organizing them so it doesn't all fall on one or two people. I'd take a turn if it'd help. 

I'll ask an icebreakery question to find out more about you lot - an idea I stole from @NeverThatBored's most recent challenge thread. If you want, tell us about something you cannot currently do that you want to be able to do, and will be able to do in future if you stick to your goals. It might be running a 5K or running the Boston marathon...it might be holding crow pose or speaking fluent Icelandic or doing a pullup or cooking a perfect souffle.

I'll go first: I love rock climbing. So far I've only done it indoors, and the hardest routes I can reliably climb are rated 5.9. I can climb some 5.10s, but not all. But all of the climbing I've done is top-roping (which means the safety rope is attached to the top of the climb above you) and I have a really hard time with overhang climbs, where the wall leans back as you go up. See this picture below? It's a picture from my climbing gym. See the guy climbing the big overhung wall? I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT. First off he's climbing an overhang like a badass, and secondly he's doing something called lead-climbing: where you bring the safety rope up with you and manually clip in to anchor stations as you climb. It's much harder. DO WANT. I need to be stronger, and probably to weigh less. But it will happen. Oh yes.

That would be really cool, thanks!

As for your question, I want to be able to do a handstand. Thats my number one goal right now.

But that rock climbing looks epic!! These people have some seriously amazing strength!

• Like 1

@Severine that wall looks great. I used to do rock-climbing (and as my health begins to get better, I'm hoping to restart again), and the nearest wall wasn't nearly as cool as that one! My issue with rock-climbing was that I'm light and flexible, and have "monkey toes" (haha), so that worked in my favour, but overall my upper body strength wasn't great, and my reach not as far as some other climbers because I'm quite short. Overall, I was alright, but I never managed to master an overhang wall. That will be my goal in a few months as I begin again, for sure. :) 

Aaaaas for now; my goal is to be able to do a push up. 

Thaaat's right. I can't do a single push-up. (Iike I said, I'm a weak little thing) haha :D 

• Like 1

So I posted on my log and challenge, but I had an utterly unsuccessful start to this challenge and am personally thinking of bumping my challenge by a day so that it starts today and ends on 10/23. I know it's technically cheating, but it'll be really hard to motivate myself if I start out so badly.

How do you all help yourselves recover from an underwhelming beginning?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jessleigh said:

So I posted on my log and challenge, but I had an utterly unsuccessful start to this challenge and am personally thinking of bumping my challenge by a day so that it starts today and ends on 10/23. I know it's technically cheating, but it'll be really hard to motivate myself if I start out so badly.

If I have a bad day, I try to not beat myself up about it and try my best on the next day. Or I do something to make up for it on another day. So if I already had a cheat day at the beginning of the week, I would try to have no other cheat day this week. Or if I missed a workout, I would have a look at my timetable and see, if I can do it on another day. But yeah bad starts can be demotivating, when you focus on a failure. So if it helps you, you can add another day. As long as it doesn't make you skip another day.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jessleigh said:

When that happens, I think of it as a chance to practice a different skill that is very important to long-term success: the ability to keep working even though you've stumbled. 

It's one thing to try hard and stick to our goals when everything is exciting or we're on a roll. It's harder, I think, to try when it's Day 837 of your new eating plan, everything is familiar and not exciting, and you just blew your weekly calorie budget by eating a bag of hallowe'en candy. But mistakes are definitely going to happen no matter what, and that means that unless you can push through a mistake and not let it trick you into stopping, you'll never find long-term success. So practicing being less than perfect and trying anyway is actually really great to prepare you for long-term maintenance of your fitness/health goals.

Obviously starting a day later is fine too, and it's not 'cheating' because you're the one who decides what works for you. But instead of just accepting that a mistake on the first day is demoralizing, ask yourself why you're letting it ruin your enthusiasm. Challenge yourself to refuse to be dissuaded. Isn't 27/28 days still pretty amazing? Even 23/28 would be more than most people can do, and probably a big improvement over your previous routine.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Severine said:

But instead of just accepting that a mistake on the first day is demoralizing, ask yourself why you're letting it ruin your enthusiasm.

I think the the thing that irritates me the most is I told myself I wouldn't go overboard drinking at the wedding and it threw off my whole weekend. I'm not just mad that I missed a day, it's just "You had one job." I'll get over it, but I'm having a hard time not getting very irritated with myself.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 7:13 AM, Severine said:

I didn't really make this a part of my challenge but I would love to be able to do the splits. It is on my epic quest list so one day I will get there!

12 hours ago, jessleigh said:

I had an underwhelming beginning to this challenge as well. I've already "screwed up" with some of my quests, but it's okay. I'm taking one day at a time and every minute is a chance to reboot. I have been sooo lacking motivation this challenge and I've just been dragging myself to each activity...eventually I know my motivation will come back. We can do this! It's okay to have a rough start and begin again all within the same day even. I hope you'll go easy on yourself and finish the challenge strong! 

• Like 2