Artemis Goes Galavanting (Again)

Artemis

galavant-4.gif

I am recycling this challenge setup from the beginning of the year since I have many of the same goals and, well, I love the theme.

The theme this time around is Galavant and there will probably be some gallivanting (and possibly mayhem).  Also, for those of you who are interested, Galavant is now on Netflix (at least in the US).  Consider this to be an official SPOILER WARNING as I will probably include GIF's and things in this challenge.

I made quite a bit of fitness progress late last year, early this year, however I've since managed to undo all of that progress.  Back in late April, team projects/finals pressure started building up and I basically reverted to my old eating habits and completely sedentary lifestyle. Turns out, I didn't really have a plan in place to keep up my new habits when life got busy and chaotic.  I also disappeared off the boards around the same time and, well, never came back.  The short version of events is that I was lazy all summer long and have packed all of the weight I lost back on (also, long-vacations really don't help with weight loss).

Now, I'm back and more determined than ever to really make it work this time.  

Short version = So, I'm like this:

tumblr_nj4kz7K3zF1u2ljxbo1_500.gif

1. Foundational Fitness

tumblr_nhui50oqIH1u7a1a5o2_r2_250.gif

Challenge Goals:

• Darebee Workout a minimum of 3x a week (any workout, as long as it looks fun).
  • 30 minutes of walking/biking at least 2x a week

2. Food; Eat it

tumblr_ni37fvwlyk1s7fsoho1_500.gif

Challenge Goal -
            Track food intake in my food journal without fail.  Hold myself accountable for my eating habits.

- 26 days possible.

3. Limit the (caffeine) Drinking 

GALAVANT.png

Challenge Goal:

- Cut caffeine by the end of Week 3.  I was making progress with this and then... yeah. I'm back to regular doses of caffeinated soda.  I should probably also look into setting up a more consistent sleeping schedule, since I tend to consume more soda (my primary caffeine source) when I'm exhausted.  

4. Put the Armor on Properly - Life Goal (broken into Mini-Goals)

91214f186cfb0ce1584bfa104c602c23.jpg

Challenge Goals:

Prepare the Armoury - Continue work on my Mandalorian Armor.  I'm nearly finished with this project (It's been a long journey) and I'd love to wrap it up this challenge depending on how much schoolwork I have.  Goal - finish the armor.

Find Work - It's Senior year! And, I really need a job.  Apply, apply, apply.  Goal - Assemble a list of cities/companies where I'd like to work and get all of the background work done (updated resume, letters of recommendation, etc).

Ultimate Goal - Weight Loss

Current Weight:

N/A

This challenge is still a WIP.  I'm hoping to update it tonight with more details/things, but this at least gets me started

• Like 1

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

Nothing too exciting to report today, except that I ordered my groceries for the week.  I took a look at Staci's meal prep articles and a few other similar things and decided to do something similar this week.  Here's to keeping it simple!  I still have various unhealthy foods in the fridge and I'll probably still eat those at some point (since they're already paid for), however I am going to do my best to avoid buying those types of food in the future.  I'll post more about my meal prep tomorrow.  

• Like 1

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

Thanks! I love vacation, but I inevitably come back much heavier than I left...

Not much to say for the last few days. I did a ton of meal prep Saturday and then I woke up this morning with what I believe is the stomach flu. I probably need to move my newly made meals into the freezer before ether go bad as I'm not able to eat much right now.  

Side note: yay for the challenge starting!

Oh, I hope your stomach bug leaves you soon. That can be quite draining and totally a bummer, when you cooked so much. Good you can store it for later.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

You still alive? How was week one for you?

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

I love all your goals!  How's it going?  I'm a big fan of food logs and darebee.  Darebee is magical you are super busy and if you write down everything you eat/drink in a food log it helps you say no just because you get to a point where you don't want to write it down!  at least that's how it goes with me.  Two weeks left.  Jump back in!

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28