Leigh: Retaking the Broken Isles

Leigh

Highmountain: Moose Cows. Moose Cows that are all about balance, nature and keeping those Pesky Harpies and Drogbar in their place. I can't think of anything to do with this one, so I'm calling it my WoW/Fun goal. I am the main tank for my Saturday night Raid team and I need to have gear, food and flasks ready for raid night and I also want to be on my A game when we get shit started.

• Daily: Heroics, World Quests, One Mythic, one episode of a show to just curl up with my gf and chill
  • Weekly: research the fights so I can be awesome, and down shit faster so we can make progession and not spend two hours on one boss getting angry.
  • As needed: Farming for food, upgrade materials and helping other raiders get shit done

Stormheim: If there was ever a place or a race of people in WoW that I have wanted to play more it is the Vrykul. They are heavily Norse themed half giants and very war like. I'm no big on the war aspect of their race, but the super strong giant part seems pretty badass. So I'm making this my strength goal for the challenge. Their homeland in Stormheim is a mixture of cliffs, mountains, valleys and broken multilevel areas of mini cliffs. They have huge grappling hooks set into the cliffs that they use to help them climb and move across deep canyons in the land. I'm going to keep this mostly as body weight work and stair climbing. I'm on the 7th floor and I really hate climbing stairs so I'm going to make a point of doing it on my way home from work during the week.

• Body weight work: pushups (modified),  squats, pull ups, etc 3x/week
  • 7 flights of stairs daily Monday-Friday
  • Gym 2x per week for anything at all, at least 1.5 hours of work each visit.

Val'Sharah: The druids of Val'Sharah are currently deep in a battle with a mass of satyrs who are trying to spread Nightmare corruption all over the land from the now horribly corrupted Emerald Dream. I have a terrible track record of getting decent and consistent sleep and while I like knowing that I can go a decade or so on about 4-5 hours of sleep a night for the most part, I'd rather not continue doing so.

• Sunday - Thursday night in bed at 9 pm, not saying asleep at 9 pm, but aiming for sleep at 9 pm no fucking exceptions.
  • Naps: taken when needed but for no longer than 2 hours or I'll throw off my 9 pm bed time goals.
  • Friday and Saturday night: get at least 7 hours of sleep. Don't care when I go to sleep, but not less than 7 hours of sleep.

Azsuna: This place is the most broken looking of the isles. It is filled with undead nigh elves who are unable to really die, murlocks... soooooo many murlocks, Naga, Giants and a decent amount of Blue dragons as well as a few scattered Nightborne elves from Suramar and their Withered. The main group I have been working with is the Court of Farondis, a faction of the undead elves who have been stuck in a limbo of undeath for oh.... 10 000 years or so. One of of their group is a drunken alchemist who is trying to break their curse with insane food. Or he's just drunk as hell and likes to cook, who knows.

• make my own food as much as possible, cooking sauces are acceptable, fully made meals are not.
  • no ordering out for dinner more than once every two weeks.
  • no cookies at work period. None. Zip zilch nadda. I'm done.
  • no pop at home unless it is a single can/glass/bottle on the night we order out.

Suramar: The elves of Suramar are an extremely proud race, they look down on all outsiders and have the most absolutely beautiful city in the game to date. I don't like the insane pride or how messed up and unbalanced their society is, the excesses of the rich and the brutal suffering of the poor, but I do enjoy their city. It is hands down the prettiest place in the entirety of WoW to date. So this is going to be a vanity based challenge focused on myself and my home. My room mates are not reliable for cleaning things often, well or without being kind of bitchy about things, so I'm going to tackle more cleaning around here. They will either notice and start to help, or I'll just become a total boss at keeping shit tidy which is good for me. As for myself, I am just so sick and tired of having terrible skin. I'm 31 and I still get acne flare ups. While I know that this has little to do with my age and more to do with my hormones, diet, general health and environment I still need to make a serious effort towards trying to prevent it from getting horrible. Also I ruin my hands at work and I don't want to add ragged fingernails to the mix.

• Daily:
    • home: sweeping, dishes, throwing out full trash bins
    • me: full skin care work and flossing my teeth
  • Weekly:
    • home: bathroom, vacuuming, pet areas total clean up
    • me: nail maintenance, face mask and insane moisturizing
  • As needed:
    • home: mopping floors, cleaning windows, dusting less used areas of the house
    • me: maintaining my fabulously colourful hair and trimming the back as it grows back out. I don't think rocking a neon blue mullet is gonna look good on me :P

Tracking:

• daily post of what I'm up to
  • the five following posts will be for each section of my challenge
  • final wrap up? Maybe we'll see if I'm still around by the end. :P
  • Like 3

Highmountain tracking

Week1:

• Daily: Heroics, World Quests, One Mythic, one episode of a show to just curl up with my gf and chill
    • Monday
      • Finished 2 Emissary groups, and attempted one Mythic+ dungeon, one DPS D/Ced so we were not able to finish. Got all the way to Odyn in HoV though, which is insane with no ranged :D, watched one episode of Lost Girl with the gf and did all the WoW stuff with her and my sister and one really chill guildie.
    • Tuesday
      • Finished an Emissary group, attempted and finished Mythic Eye of Azshara, uhhh.... stuff? No idea! Watched an episode of Lost Girl, (nearly done season 4)
    • Wednesday
      • More Emissary mission things, hit Reveared with three of the factions, one of which gives me random Gems :D which is excellent because I'm a Miner/JC
    • Thursday
      • Took the day off to read, chill and just do absolutely nothing at all :) Finished season 4 of Lost Girl
    • Friday
      • Did my Thursday/Friday WQs, made a new friend in the guild, and finished  a quest earning the title: "The Gullible" Got Chinese food for dinner and watched an episode or two of Bones
    • Saturday
      • NA
    • Sunday
      • NA
  • Weekly: research the fights so I can be awesome, and down shit faster so we can make progression and not spend two hours on one boss getting angry.
    • Research:
      • Raid is delayed for another week, I will be doing Raid Finder for practice, even though it is ultra lame.
  • As needed: Farming for food, upgrade materials and helping other raiders get shit done
    • Food - unlocked two rank 3 375 stat foods that I can help make for raid.
    • Artifact Power - ranked up to a new ability, now half way through the next tier.
    • Mining Mats - Shoulder enchant for bags of Gems

Week 2:

• Monday
      • NA
    • Tuesday
      • NA
    • Wednesday
      • NA
    • Thursday
      • NA
    • Friday
      • NA
    • Saturday
      • NA
    • Sunday
      • NA
  • Weekly: research the fights so I can be awesome, and down shit faster so we can make progression and not spend two hours on one boss getting angry.
    • Research:
      • NA
    • Food NA
    • Artifact Power NA
    • Mining Mats NA

Week 3:

• Monday
      • NA
    • Tuesday
      • NA
    • Wednesday
      • taking a two or three day break from wow, because it is starting to feel tedious. Watching the last two episodes of Grey's Anatomy season 12 with my girl friend tonight.
    • Thursday
      •  
    • Friday
      •  
    • Saturday
      • showed up on time for raid only to find out I was THE ONLY ONE TO FUCKING SHOW UP did my daily world quests, did some food research and some class hall missions and nonsense. I'm to fucking mad to play right now
    • Sunday
      • didn't even log in today
    • Research:
      • fuck research, nobody fucking shows up for raid anyhow.
    • Food
    • Artifact Power
    • Mining Mats

Week 4:

• Monday
      •  
    • Tuesday
      •  
    • Wednesday
      •  
    • Thursday
      •  
    • Friday
      •  
    • Saturday
      •  
    • Sunday
      •  
    • Research:
      •  
    • Food
    • Artifact Power
    • Mining Mats

• Like 1

Stormheim tracking

Week 1:

• Body weight and resistance work:
    • Push ups
      • Day: Set/Rep
    • Squats
      • Day: Set/Rep/Weight (if any)
        • 09/28 50 / body weight
        • 09/29 40 / body weight
    • Pull ups
    • Rows
      • Day: Set/Rep/Weight (or resistance colour)
    • ???
      • Day: Shenanigans
  • 7 flights of stairs on work days
    • Monday - totally forgot until just now and I'm not putting on outside clothes to do stairs this close to bed time.
    • Tuesday - 7/7
    • Wednesday - 7/7
    • Thursday - 7/7
    • Friday - skipped the stairs, DOMS starting to kinda kick in and didn't want to stress out my legs.
    • Date: 09/28
      • Gym on hold until sister is recovered from Kidney Stone, walking instead (2.5km )
    • Date: 10/01
      • Going to gym with my sister and our friend Lark, details to follow when I get home

Week 2: No Tracking for this week at all

• Push ups
    • Squats
    • Pull ups
    • Rows
    • ???
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Date:
      • stuff done
    • Date:
      • stuff done

Week 3:

• Push ups
    • Squats
    • Pull ups
    • Rows
    • ???
    • Monday - holiday
    • Tuesday - 0/7
    • Wednesday - 0/7
    • Thursday - 0/7
    • Friday - 0/7
    • Date:
      • stuff done
    • Date:
      • stuff done

Week 4:

• Push ups
    • Squats
    • Pull ups
    • Rows
    • ???
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Date:
      • stuff done
    • Date:
      • stuff done
  • Like 1

Val'Sharah tracking

Week 1:

• 9 pm bed time:
    • Sunday - slept 9 pm - 3:45 am total: 6.75 hours
    • Monday - slept 9:30 pm - 3:45 am total: 6.25 hours
    • Tuesday - slept 9:30 pm - 4:15 am total: 6.75 hours
    • Wednesday slept 9:30 pm - 4:15 am total: 6.75 hours
    • Thursday slept 10:15 pm - 4:00 am total: 5.75 hours
  • Naps:
    • Monday - none
    • Tuesday - none
    • Wednesday - none
    • Thursday - none
    • Friday - none
  • Weekend Sleep:
    • Friday night - slept 11 pm - 6:15 am (ish) total: 7.25 hours
    • Saturday night

Week 2: No tracking done this week

• 9 pm bed time:
    • Sunday
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
  • Naps:
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
  • Weekend Sleep:
    • Friday night
    • Saturday night

Week 3:

• 9 pm bed time:
    • Sunday NA
    • Monday NA
    • Tuesday NA
    • Wednesday NA
    • Thursday NA
  • Naps:
    • Monday NA
    • Tuesday NA
    • Wednesday 2 hours or so?
    • Thursday 2 hours or so?
    • Friday an hour or so?
  • Weekend Sleep:
    • Friday night
    • Saturday night

Week 4:

• 9 pm bed time:
    • Sunday 9:45 - 3:45 total: 6 hours
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
  • Naps:
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
  • Weekend Sleep:
    • Friday night
    • Saturday night

• Like 1

Azsuna tracking

Week 1:

• Home cooking:
    • Monday
      • ate breakfast at home (muffin and fruit) roomie bought me a snack without asking and dinner is a chicken salad sandwich, from the store.
    • Tuesday
      • ate breakfast at home (muffin and apple) sandwiches for dinner because lazy :P
    • Wednesday
      • juice for breakfast (no food that I could just grab and go), meatballs for dinner! Home made :D
    • Thursday
      • banana, 4x meatballs, epic salted caramel chocolate brownie thing (sooooooooo gooooooood!!!!) for breakfast, spaghetti with meat sauce and meatballs for dinner mmmmmmmm ^_^
    • Friday
      • banana for breakfast, lame but I was running late, and we had chinese for dinner since it's payday ^_^
    • Saturday
      •  
    • Sunday
      •  
  • Cookies:
    • Monday - None (HELL YEAH!)
    • Tuesday - None (HELL YEAH!)
    • Wednesday - None (HELL YEAH!)
    • Thursday - NONE (HELL YEAH!)
    • Friday - NONE (HELL YEAH!)
  • Pop at home:
    • Monday - None! (HELL YEAH!)
    • Tuesday - 1/2 bottle (AWW HELL NAH!)
    • Wednesday - 1/2 bottle (AWW HELL NAH!) to be fair, I had an allergic reaction and caffeine makes allergy meds kick in faster.
    • Thursday - None! (HELL YEAH!)
    • Friday - 1/2 a cup before dinner to take allergy med
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

Week 2: NO TRACKING

• Home cooking:
    • Monday
      •  
    • Tuesday
      •  
    • Wednesday
      •  
    • Thursday
      •  
    • Friday
      •  
    • Saturday
      •  
    • Sunday
  • Cookies:
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
  • Pop at home:
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

Week 3:

• Home cooking:
    • Monday
      •  NA, holiday
    • Tuesday
      • Banana and a starbucks double shot, can't remember what we had for dinner, or if we even had any to be honest.
    • Wednesday
      • banana and a starbucks double shot, dinner is chicken, mac and cheese and steamed veggies
    • Thursday
      • Timmie's sammich and an iced capp? had crap food for dinner, can't even remember what it was.
    • Friday
      • a banana? we ordered pizza for dinner
    • Saturday
      • left over pizza for breakfast, was out all day with sister and gf, had a tiny bowl of thai curry at lunch, got that one slightly mediochre bite of chicken and it nuked my entire appetite.
    • Sunday
      • made sausage and omelets from scratch for breakfasts for week 4, tried out this stuff called Monkey Butter (banana, peanut butter, dark chocolate spread all organic) as a pb+ banana sammich, it was decent.
  • Cookies:
    • Monday - NA holiday
    • Tuesday 1 M&M cookie at work
    • Wednesday 1 M&M cookie at work.
    • Thursday I can't even count how many I had.. like at least 6?
    • Friday 2? ish... bad week was bad
  • Pop at home:
    • Monday NA holiday
    • Tuesday NONE (HELL YEAH)
    • Wednesday 1 diet coke because it is nuking the horrible cough I have and making my allergy/cold meds kick in faster.
    • Thursday no idea
    • Friday no idea
    • Saturday yes, 1L bottle sitting right beside me, I'm so done with this week... and I still have to get through tomorrow
    • Sunday none

Week 4:

• Home cooking:
    • Monday
      •  
    • Tuesday
      •  
    • Wednesday
      •  
    • Thursday
      •  
    • Friday
      •  
    • Saturday
      •  
    • Sunday
  • Cookies:
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
  • Pop at home:
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
  • Like 2

Suramar tracking

Week 1:

• Daily:
      • Monday - no cleaning required, floors were okay, there were no dishes to do and the trash bins are under half full
      • Tuesday - sister did the dishes before I got to them Aww yiss! trash still okay, Roomie took out recycling
      • Wednesday - swept front entrance, hall, kitchen, did the dishes, wiped down counter, stove and cleaned microwave, tossed trash
      • Thursday - nothing needed today :)
      • Friday - nothing
      • Saturday
      • Sunday
      • Monday - skin: yes, teeth: yes, floss: yes
      • Tuesday - skin: yes, teeth: yes, floss: yes
      • Wednesday - skin: yes, teeth: yes, floss: yes
      • Thursday - skin: yes, teeth: yes, floss: yes
      • Friday - nothing. Fell asleep naturally and didn't get anything done.
      • Saturday
      • Sunday
  • Weekly:
    • home:
      • bathroom
      • vacuuming
      • pet areas total clean up (cage clean out, food/water dish deep clean, litter pan fully cleaned, floors around cage/litter swept/mopped/vacuumed)
    • me:
      • nail maintenance - 09/26 trimmed
      • face mask
      • insane moisturizing
  • As needed:
    • home:
      • mopping floors,
      • cleaning windows,
      • dusting less used areas of the house
    • me:
      • hair colour
      • hair trim - not needed, I can get the bottom into tiiiiiny little pig tails, they are adorable, and terrible!

Week 2: NO TRACKING

• Daily:
      • Monday
      • Tuesday
      • Wednesday
      • Thursday
      • Friday
      • Saturday
      • Sunday
      • Monday
      • Tuesday
      • Wednesday
      • Thursday
      • Friday
      • Saturday
      • Sunday
  • Weekly:
    • home:
      • bathroom
      • vacuuming
      • pet areas total clean up (cage clean out, food/water dish deep clean, litter pan fully cleaned, floors around cage/litter swept/mopped/vacuumed)
    • me:
      • nail maintenance
      • face mask
      • insane moisturizing
  • As needed:
    • home:
      • mopping floors,
      • cleaning windows,
    • me:
      • hair colour
      • hair trim

Week 3:

• Daily:
      • Monday NA holiday
      • Tuesday ????
      • Wednesday nothing done, can't really breath well enough to clean.
      • Thursday nothing
      • Friday nothing
      • Saturday nothing
      • Sunday
      • Monday - skin: yes, teeth: yes, floss: yes
      • Tuesday - skin: yes, teeth: yes, floss: yes
      • Wednesday - skin: yes, teeth: yes, floss: yes
      • Thursday can't remember
      • Friday can't remember
      • Saturday - skin: yes, teeth: yes, floss: yes
      • Sunday - skin: yes teeth: yes, floss: yes
  • Weekly:
    • home:
      • bathroom - nope
      • vacuuming - nope
        • cleaned the kitty litter and swept up around it
    • me:
      • nail maintenance
      • face mask
      • insane moisturizing - twice this week on uhhh... tuesday and friday night?
  • As needed:
    • home:
      • mopping floors,
      • cleaning windows,
    • me:
      • hair colour
      • hair trim

Week 4:

• Daily:
      • Monday
      • Tuesday
      • Wednesday
      • Thursday
      • Friday
      • Saturday
      • Sunday
      • Monday
      • Tuesday
      • Wednesday
      • Thursday
      • Friday
      • Saturday
      • Sunday
  • Weekly:
    • home:
      • bathroom
      • vacuuming
    • me:
      • nail maintenance
      • face mask
      • insane moisturizing
  • As needed:
    • home:
      • mopping floors,
      • cleaning windows,
    • me:
      • hair colour
      • hair trim
  • Like 1

Love the fleshed out challenge!   Your write up of Suramar really makes me want to find time for WoW, so maybe I will play this weekend!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Not a super start to Day one, but things are within acceptable ranges for now. Food is kind of bad, but we spent a little too long in WoW that it was too late to cook and everyone wanted food from the store so I caved. I at least got food that could reasonably be made at home - Never mind! hahah

My gf just got back from the store run and they were literally out of EVERYTHING! So we made sweet BBQ chicken wraps :D Delish and no plates required so yay! no dishes!

I will freely be staying up a touch past bed time because taking the time to make food and finish the episode of Lost Girl trumps eating store crap and going to bed dead on time. :P

• Like 4

Day 2:

Got to bed a bit late again, and found myself half way through a bottle of pop before I even noticed what it was so I'm kind of mad at myself for that. My gym plans were also derailed because my sister has a kidney stone so she can hardly move let alone hit up the gym. I did manage to get her to come for a walk with me today which is good :)

I'm going to ask her to come for one on the days where she is too sore to put serious effort in to at least get/keep her in the habit of being slightly more active.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hi Leigh! Following again! Good luck resisting those cookies. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Day 3:

Got to bed late again at 9:30, but I was determined to finished some cleaning and I needed to fold my laundry before it turned into a giant wrinkled mass of bleh. My skin is already reacting well to a new routine, with the exception of my chin, which had started to break out on the weekend and is now just kind of horrible and painful. It's slowly going away though :) And man, when a dentist tells you that flossing gets easier as it becomes more of a habit they are right, my gums bled randomly on day one and two, but last night nothing. Just squeeky clean teeth ^_^

And so far, not DOMS from my stupidly large amount of squats right before bed last night :P Doing the same again tonight before bed, gets me just a little worn out and it is much easier to fall asleep when I'm already wanting to lay down ^_~

• Like 5

Day 4:

Got to bed really, really late, which was not good, and I can't honestly remember why I stayed up that late, it just kind of happened. I think I was lost in a book maybe? or just in good conversation. Doms felt like they were creeping into my legs late that night so my attempt at another 50 squats was knocked down to 40 so I wouldn't be wishing for death on Friday at work. Dinner was awesome! ^_^

Day 5:

Oh man! NO DOMS! yay! Was surprisingly not sluggish at work despite shitty sleep and less than I'd had all week, my boss was in a shit mood though which made for a slightly awful day. She can be a really nice lady when she's in a good mood, but she has this bad habit of walking in and not even saying good morning or anything, just this big drawn out sigh and then I just know it's going to be a shitty day until Steven shows up and we can laugh about games and such.  Had a decent enough day at work and had a productive day in WoW as well, but I am annoyed that I fell asleep before doing my usual nightly routine. Ah well, Friday's at like that I guess :P

• Like 3

Have a great weekend!!

• Like 1

Challenges:

The weekend and the first part of this week have been slightly rage fueled and hectic. Nothing much has been accomplished but I will be taking this week off to decompress from work and home related rage and will try and come back full strength next week.

My family has accidentally sabotaged me and my boss is ultra sick and raising my urge to murder hapless strangers.

*sigh*

Such is life.

• Like 3

I hit "like" because I like that you are being smart and giving yourself the week off.  I am sorry to hear that your family sabotaged you, but I am glad it was an accident on not on purpose!  I hope next week is better. *hugs*

Challenges:

Brown eyes narrowed as Xylianna the Paladin's keen gaze scoured the countryside before her.  It seemed peaceful, picturesque even, but her friend and fellow Warrior of the Light had gone missing on these aptly named Broken Isles, and she was determined not to drop her guard for so much as a second.

OK, my attempt at RP aside, just wanted to check in and see how you're doing, friend :)   *hugs*

• Like 1

Challenges:

Hey thanks :) we had Thanksgiving this past weekend so I was kind of all over thr place. Had a bad few days as far as challenge goals go but I'm happy which is important and I got to meet my brand new baby niece Blake. She is like uhhhh... 3 weeks old? So damned tiny!

If I don't update tomorrow after work someone yell at me. I don't want to totally derail this challenge.

• Like 3

I'm glad it sounds like an overall good Thanksgiving!  Yay for meeting the baby niece, and BIG YAY for being happy!   I can't promise to yell at you, but I will try to remember to poke your thread again.  ^^

Challenges:

Ugh today at work sucked, my boss ended up screaming, actually screaming, at my co worker for get this... Moving a tray of food out of the way so he could do his job...

My boss was prepping a sliced meat that is delivered to us frozen, it had not thawed all the way through, so she had left it out to thaw a bit longer. She should have had it in the fridge to thaw, but I pick my battles and I was keeping an eye on it's temperature to keep it from getting into bacteria danger zone. She left it on the counter directly where my co worker sets up his dirty dishes and used bread liners to be pre cleaned (scrapped/sprayed off) and when he picked it up and moved it to a clean, and empty section of counter space where it would not risk being covered in baked cheese bits, dish water etc, she fucking screamed at him... loud enough that customers turned to look and see what was going on as they walked by. -_-

I'm an assistant manager, and I don't care who you are in the hierarchy at work, if ANY staff member is screaming and swearing at someone in the back room and people in the front of the store can hear you, it is your god damned job to go back there and tell them to take it somewhere else, or keep it down because they are making customers upset and making them leave this is bad for business anywhere.

This is not the first time she has started yelling so loud in the back room that I have seen customers leave the store. Last time I called her out on it, she bitched me out after lunch. When I was clearly in the right and was perfectly respectful in my interaction with her at that time. "Please lower your voice or take it to the walk in fridge, customers have complained and a few have left because of your yelling" was my exact works and I said it in a calm inside voice.

There's this picture that keeps popping up in my facebook feed from various people/pages that says "People quit bad managers more often than they quit bad jobs" and it is so incredibly true... to the point that I am now again debating on finding a new job just to get away from her terrible management.

She takes more washroom/smoke breaks than our entire staff takes in a day combined. Hell she takes more breaks in a single shift that I do all week long. She also spends about an hour checking facebook and random news sites throughout her shift and constantly takes her visor off (because it makes her hot) while working in the back so that she has this iron clad excuse to not go out and serve customers in he early morning. She may be awesome at keeping the admin shit totally ship shape, but she is lousy as a worker a lot of the time because she delegates all tasks to other people instead of sharing the work so that everyone gets their stuff done on time.

I cannot count the number of shifts I have had where I find myself stuck in the situation where I have bread to take out of the oven, a five person line up and the next batch is getting over proofed because I don't have time to take it out and put it in the oven because she has gone for a break...

I understand that smoking is an addiction and it is a brutal one for a lot of people, but I'm sorry, if you NEED to have a smoke once an hour for the entire waking day, then you need to be not working in food service. If you need to take a washroom break once and hour because you cannot stop peeing then you NEED to see a damned doctor to find out why. That's not normal outside of pregnant women and diabetics. (I'm sure there are other exceptions but I don't know of any off hand)

In more NF related stuff, I have badly derailed my challenge but I am determined to sort that shit out by the end of this week so that week 4 is stellar.

• Like 3

My goodness... I don't blame you for thinking about a new job, with a manager like that.   Yikes.  :(

Looking forward to seeing you kick week four's ass!

• Like 1

Challenges:

Ugh. Sorry about the manager. It sounds like you handle her like a champ though. 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I walked into work and the first thing she says to me that had any substance was that she was PMSing hard and had no idea why the hell she got so damned mad at my co worker the day before... And then promptly went on a fucking rant again about how he is always insubordinate... -_-

Then I got to lie to her face saying that "nope, didn't tell anyone about your rage fest yesterday, who would I tell?" *eye roll*

I'm feeling pretty damn apathetic about life in general right now. I just can't get into the headspace to care about a lot of stuff right now. I am surrounded by books, good movies, lots of games, random hobby type stuff (colouring, models, crochet/knitting) and I just have no interest in it at all. I get pinged all day long by tapatalk telling me that stuff is happening over here and I just dismiss them all without even bothering to look at it. I don't feel sad, or depressed that I can tell, I just don't give a crap about anything at all. No real interest in keeping up with shows, or working on anything, hell I didn't even care enough to do laundry this week so I just wore the same shirt at work two days in a row. I actually had to force myself to take a shower before work on Friday because I just didn't feel like taking one... despite needing to take one (my skin and hair go nuts if I go more than 24 hours with out a full shower)

Hell I wasted a few hours this week on click bait on facebook...

hours people...

I didn't even really care about what I was clicking on, it was just something to do. And there are things that need to be done around here, things that don't take much time but I just don't seem to do them, don't really notice they need to be done most of the time and even as I write this, I can think of at least four things I should be doing around the house, but nobody will care if I don't do them, I don't really care if I do them and it's not like anyone else here ever does jack shit.

My sister complains every now and then that she's sick of cleaning up after people in the kitchen, but we're all sick of her never feeding the cats, or taking out the trash or doing laundry, or how she buys like $30 worth of cleaning supplies to tackle the bathroom and then leaves them in the bag on the floor in the kitchen

Well now... I seem to have some sort of feelings about that issue, but I wont be doing anything about it.

Bleh,

Seriously this whole challenge has just been bleh... I don't care, it was an awesome set of really easy shit to get done and I can't be bothered to do it.

Best part about apathy is that the only way to get it to stop is to just stop being apathetic about shit. To force yourself to do things, or talk to people, or whatever to break it and go back to giving a shit about things, to feeling something about things, to whatever...

But apathy means you don't give a shit about all those whatevers. It's like being smacked with a 24/7 "M'eh" debuff that can't be dispelled or cleansed.

How the hell do you kill apathy when you're too apathetic to bother in the first place?

• Like 3

If I could answer that question I would totally share the answer.    I'm kinda in a similar boat.  Honestly I've been just making myself do crap, and trying to be nicer to myself when I can't muster up the oomph to do crap.  I don't really have any good advice to offer, but please feel free to PM me instead of of looking at facebook clickbait, and we can entertain each other.  Hugs.

• Like 2

Challenges:

Still feeling a whole lot of nothing today, but I got some housework done and went grocery shopping before work as well as all of the laundry. I am annoyed that I had to clean up the kitty litter this week because it is my room mate Jordan's chore, he does three things: feeds the cats, keeps their litter box tidy and takes out the recycling and he has only been feeding them this week. But whatever, I'm sick of reminding people to do their shit. I'm likely better off just doing it myself from now on.

I'm glad this weekend is over, but I am not looking forward to the work week at all :/ It is that time of year where it's below zero at 4:30 am but like 18 when I leave work... I am counting down the days until it just stays below zero and I can be comfortable walking to and from work in the same clothes.

Fall and Spring really fucking suck for my shift :/

• Like 3