• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

Vanquishing Traitor Brain

37 minutes ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

NO WAY! I'm a part of the Hogwarts Running Club too! Even have a magnet on the back of my car :D What house are you in? I'm a proud badger! I stopped using charity miles because it was sucking the life out of my battery, but I still run. 

Ravenclaw according to Pottermore; it was a suprise because I always thought I'd be a Hufflepuff. I've started a little chapter at the college nearby and so far have two Ravenclaws to walk with me. I always have an external battery with me when I'm out because I have a hand-me-down phone that dies unexpectedly, so I just go ahead and run Pokemon Go and Charity Miles since I need to plug it in anyway. It is a battery draining program though, to be sure. 

42 minutes ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

denial of anything related to being bipolar even though I do have the symptoms. The idea just scares me.

51OlTORc76L.jpg

I was diagnosed with MST and anxiety disorder and it was a tough thing to swallow. If I were diagnosed with the same mental illnesses as my mom, I'm sure I would be devastated, but denial and avoidance will not help you. Let your psychiatrist, assuming they are competent, do their job. My mom has been flopped from one doctor to another for her mental health therapy and there have definitely been some terrible docs. BUT! If you trust your doc, follow their instructions no matter how high or low you're feeling. Bipolar disorder is a life-long condition, so best to level things out some to avoid those awful low points. 

BUT HEY! You did tell us about it, so you're not TOTALLY in denial! <3 

54 minutes ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

I love the idea that this started up as a more intimate group setting. BREATHE was getting to be a bit overwhelming for me

I got overwhelmed pretty quickly. I used to be a social venomoth but since going through my trauma and crap I much prefer smaller groups.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Koaladle said:

I was diagnosed with MST and anxiety disorder and it was a tough thing to swallow.

If you don't mind me asking, what is MST?

7 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what is MST?

Military Sexual Trauma. The term is used to distinguish this type of PTSD from combat stress and to recognize the unique stressers of being trapped in the military enviornment with the attacker.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2016 at 11:37 PM, Koaladle said:

Military Sexual Trauma. The term is used to distinguish this type of PTSD from combat stress and to recognize the unique stressers of being trapped in the military enviornment with the attacker.

Thanks for explaining.

• Like 1