I'm new to this forum so I wanted to introduce myself. Same ol, same ol. HI! I'm Heidi. I am 24 years old. 5'3" and currently weigh 126.5lbs. I am a current full-time student at Madonna University for Dietetics. I work part-time and recently just got a home with my boyfriend. I'm super busy but still find time to chat about exercise and nutrition whenever I can. I am recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease. For those of you who do not know, google it. ;) For those that do, now you know. I am also dairy free and try limit my soy intake. As you can see I have a pretty restrictive diet but I'm almost a year totally free of said things and I feel great. It is still a day by day issue but I do my best and I am feeling full charge in the gym.

I am a runner. Well, I used to be a runner but have recently picked it back up. (I've done 5k, half marathon and a whole marathon- which I will never do again! what in the world...). I am trying to save money right now with being a student and do not have a gym membership. I use the schools gym, my home or I go outside. Once tax money comes in, I am looking into getting back in the gym now.

My diet is pretty good, however, I can always use some tweaking. Especially if you are familiar with gluten-free/df diets. :-)

Currently, I run about 3x a week and I lift about 2 (in that same work out sometimes) and that is a pretty good week for me. Anywhere from 2-4 work outs a week depending on how busy school is or work. I am a cardio junkie so it is hard for me to limit my cardio even on a weights day. :-/ but that's why I am here, to gain information from all of you. I think I am going to start (I started earlier today) on gaining strength (duh) so I started a 5x5 method. I felt good working out today. My weights are no where near where I want them but i'm okay with that. I need the right equipment and form is huge for me. I'm looking to realllllllly get into deadlifts, squats, and bench fully. Currently just using dumbbells on a flat bench and smith machine for squats, which are two totally different ballgames.

Since finding out I have Celiac and altering my diet accordingly, I have had a lot of improvements. I physically feel better and slowly looking better. I had carried onto about 20 pounds of weight when I was eating healthy (just not gluten free/df) and exercising. I felt sick. I looked sick and all around I was miserable. I am so glad I am figuring things out and I look forward to gaining so much.

Any help that you can give me on diet, lifting, criticism, etc. I welcome it. Thank you all for your time.

Here is a picture from about 8 months before Celiac conclusion: Summer 2010

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/38070_1455411499251_1052236683_31282740_7128144_n.jpg

(Ignore the cigars, it was a joke really. I am on the far left. Eeek. I probably weighed closer to 145lb in this picture.

Here is two pictures I took today after my work out. :

http://s1055.photobucket.com/albums/s516/hbartlett14/?action=view&current=IMG_0977-Copy.jpg

http://s1055.photobucket.com/albums/s516/hbartlett14/?action=view&current=IMG_0973.jpg

126.5lb. I want to be stronger, ripped and lean. I want all of it. Show me how.

Thanks again, best of luck!

I'm new too, but welcome! Silver lining of celiac, you really watch what you eat and seems it's (and the exercise obviously) working really well for ya!

Only suggestion, is stop using the smith machine for squats. Not sure what 5x5 you're doing, but here's an article about that from SL: http://stronglifts.com/smith-machine-squats-power-rack-free-weights/