• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NY153

Building foundations

On 10/10/2016 at 3:13 AM, NY153 said:

say one positive thing to myself each morning in front of the mirror - 7/7

Hey look at that! 100%!

Like @Vibrantella said, you're "catastrophic" scores are still wayyyy better than ZERO which is better than when you started. Looks like habits are forming to me, and those small wins build up to sustainable success. 

• Like 1

@Vibrantella, @PunchTonic Thank you for both of you the encouragement. :) I got your posts via email and it ment a lot. It reminded me to focus on my motto and be happy for the small successes. Sorry, I could not answer previously, I was on a business trip with a crazy schedule.

My third week did not turned out as well as I hoped so, but I won't complain. :)

Here are the achievements of the week:

• went to run three times. This made me realized that running become a habit. Most of the days, I don't need to talk myself into it, just check my calendar, keep in mind that tomorrow is a running day and the next day I get up and just go, even when I don't really feel like it. Well the real test is next week when I have to get up earlier in order to squeeze in running, because I have to get to work by 9 (instead of 10ish...). But I am optimistic.
  • Made a lot of progress on my paper, and it is almost finished.

And here are the less then glorious, but still ok numbers:

Fitness quests:

• Stick to my 10K training plan (3x running/week) - 3/3
  • Stretch/do yoga every day (7x/week) - 3/7
  • extra points possible for strength training - none

Diet quests:

• Eat only home-cooked meal at least 6x/week - 2/4 (I was away for 3 days, it was impossible to eat homecooked meal)
  • Limit sweets/snacks to 2/day + 1 healthy, home-made snack - 5/7

Level up life quests:

• go to bed 10 min earlier each week for a months (by 22:20, 22:10, 22:00, 21:50 on first to forth week, respectively) - 1/7 
  • say one positive thing to myself each morning in front of the mirror - 4/7 when I did not see the post-it to remind me, I completely forgot..
  • finish a course on edX - I had to prioritize, so I probably won't finish it, but I am making progress when I can squeeze in
  • submit the paper I am working on - this won't happen either, but I still hope I will be done with at least the first draft.
  • Like 2