Ride Into Battle, I Must

Hey! So this will probably be a little different from everyone else's Battle Plan, because it works best for me if I tell you what I'm going to do and then check in later to see if I actually did it. I also go in early (and get off early), so my post won't be until later, when I have had time to accomplish everything (hopefully) on my daily Battle Plan. And let me just say, too, that it won't be strictly fitness and food tracking, either. I like general accountability, so there will be other things in here as well. With that said, let's go!

So, the first day of battle is finished. A quick recap:

I was going to do a lot of things, like beginning my workout routine, committing to and starting a cleaning schedule, hammer out and use a study schedule, walk the dog, and go grocery shopping. I didn't do too terribly bad, either.

Here's what I accomplished:

Chapter 1 of Age of Pandora workout (all 5 sets. My legs hate me.)

Commit to a cleaning schedule (but did not start on it. Delegated it to tomorrow instead)

Hammer out and use a study schedule (chunking my time really helped with this, and I was able to get a lot done)

Did a half circuit with the dog (we usually go around our obscenely big block, but we only did half)

Went grocery shopping, bought actual ingredients (and apples!)

Here's where I could have improved:

My study schedule doesn't exactly have set times throughout the day, just whenever I can fit them in. I may try to make it so that I have standing appointments to study. I didn't implement my cleaning schedule, but I did buy some necessary supplies for it. I didn't go on our full circuit walk, but she didn't really need one (sleepy puppy was super sleepy today). I could have bought some healthier options this trip, but we are going back tomorrow when we have more time and I can always ease into it a week at a time.

Here's what tomorrow looks like:

It's my day off (yay!) so I will be able to do laundry and begin the cleaning schedule. I am hanging out with friends for the majority of the day, so that means that I won't have as much study time until the evening. I'm getting my hair cut, though, so that's liberating. The weekends I am taking off from working out, so I don't have to worry about that, either. We may be going grocery shopping again tomorrow, but that isn't set in stone. I am going to give the puppy a long walk, though.

It is now day 2. My legs are screaming at me, but I'm almost relishing it. It means that I'm achieving something. Today got off to a rocky start (I woke up later than intended), but there is still hope for it. I will be doing laundry, getting my hair cut, studying, and possibly grocery shopping. We got the puppy a new harness, so the walk should be easier. I will check back in at the end of the day.

For grocery shopping, it always helps if you go in with a list of items you need to buy and list of ones that you have to stay away from. Planning meals really helps with this, though that may be something you want to implement later. 

And congrats on the leg pain! :P Remember to take it easy and include a rest day (or two) during the week, just so the muscles can heal from the strain and therefore improve. But I agree, DOMS is a great sensation :D

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

I always have a list of what I need, but have never thought about a list of things to stay away from! I'll have to try that, since we end up going off list more than we probably should. I'm looking into meal planning, because I work such erratic hours that I almost have to cook well in advance. I currently have 4 days of rest, just because it is so new to me still. And it totally is a great sensation! :D

6 hours ago, codex213 said:

We got the puppy a new harness, so the walk should be easier.

Can u post a photo? I love dogs. :D

And congrats to 5 sets of Age of Pandora. I tried that workout too, but said: No, thanks. That's too much for me as a beginner.

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch

So, it's a little later than usual (I kind of forgot about this thread for a minute), BUT today was super productive! Here's what I got accomplished:

• Completed my study plan (I have chapter 1 notes ready 10 days before school starts!)
  • Did my cleaning routine with my fiancée
  • Took a shower (sometimes with depression and anxiety, it's the little wins)
  • Walked the puppy
  • Got a haircut
  • Hung out with a friend

Here's what I would have done differently:

• Stayed more on task with the study schedule
  • I would have liked to do some meal planning, but I can do that tomorrow or Monday
  • I would have liked to clean a bit more, but it didn't work out that way. The essentials got done
  • I should have walked the puppy earlier in the day when there weren't creepy bugs (I don't do bugs. At all.)

Here's what's going on tomorrow (not as productive, but it will still be a great day!)

• Meal planning and grocery list making
  • Church
  • Grocery store run
  • Work at 4

Okay, so looking over my plan for today, it got changed a little. I got an introductory email from my Sociology professor, so that put school at the forefront of my mind again. I did accomplish quite a bit, though. I know it's early, but let's face it: I'm not going to get a whole lot done at 2AM. Here's what went down today:

• Went to church
  • Cleaning routine
  • Laundry
  • Work

Here's what tomorrow looks like:

• Study for two hours
  • Cleaning routine
  • Workout (AoP ch. 2)
  • Work at 4

When I do my daily review later, I may add more to it.

I use Habitica for just about everything, and lately, I've found that I'm just checking everything off without doing any of the things I said I would. I guess that's why I've been so unproductive the past two days. So today, my only focus was redefining what it is that I want to do. And with that, I created fewer tasks, and put more of what I want to do in the mix. "I also broke stuff like 'study' down into a checklist, so that I can focus on one step at a time. Currently my focuses are cleaning and studying.