• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

IcePrincess

An Autumn Re-Start

Hello there! I'm restarting my fitness journey. This is probably going to be the most difficult challenge I've ever done. I'm struggling with depression and I'm hoping that this lead back into fitness can help me to beat the depression back. I'm glad that I have this community to support me through this. :tranquil:

Goals:

Either walk Zoey or do some sort of exercise 4 times a week.

----->Go to the work gym once a week so I can get used to it again before winter hits and I can't walk outside anymore.

Eat a fruit or vegetable with each meal/snack.

Journal 3 times a week.

Ask for and get help with my illness.

• Like 1

Yay for new beginnings and starting your journey! I'm sorry you are struggling with depression right now. That certainly makes these challenges more difficult. I have been through the same myself, trying to complete goals while foggy with depression. I wish you success! And we are here for you 100% for encouragement! Good luck!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your mental struggle. There's a bunch of us working through similar things in the Accountability thread - Project BREATHE and Vanquishing the Traitor Brain. I hope you find what you need and be encouraged!

Those are some really awesome goals! I'm worried about winter hitting as well, because of the lack of Vitamin D, and also my increasing unwillingness to get up in the morning to exercise. 

I'll be following along! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IcePrincess said:

Hello there! I'm restarting my fitness journey. This is probably going to be the most difficult challenge I've ever done. I'm struggling with depression and I'm hoping that this lead back into fitness can help me to beat the depression back. I'm glad that I have this community to support me through this. :tranquil:

Goals:

Either walk Zoey or do some sort of exercise 4 times a week.

----->Go to the work gym once a week so I can get used to it again before winter hits and I can't walk outside anymore.

Eat a fruit or vegetable with each meal/snack.

Journal 3 times a week.

Ask for and get help with my illness.

Your goals are ambitious! Good for you! What do you have planned for a reward to help you stay motivated?

Ahoy there. First of all thank you all for the support!

So this week started out pretty rough. I thought my depression was going to win, well it was totally winning. I had not energy and was starting to feel mentally foggy. Then this morning I started feeling much better, my mental fog cleared. I don't feel depressed now, I don't feel 100%, but I now feel like I can get there. 

I have have been doing better with fruit/vegetable consumption. I have journalled once this week, which I plan on doing tonight again. I haven't done great on walking, but now that my fog has lifted that should be easier. 

I do need to call my doctor and increase my med dosage, I started taking a double dose (which I used to take) and I think that's helped me a lot. 

On 9/25/2016 at 7:38 AM, Koaladle said:

Your goals are ambitious! Good for you! What do you have planned for a reward to help you stay motivated?

I haven't thought of a reward. I'll have to think about it. 

• Like 1

Holy moly! My life got turned upside-down and I have just now unburied my laptop and got it turned on. After a series of random events, my mom is moving in with me. I've essentially be rearranging my whole house to get her moved in and getting her stuff here. Needless to say, I haven't been thinking about the challenge as much as I wanted to. I'm going to try and finish strong though, and the goals I didn't manage to accomplish, I'll switch over to the next challenge! Whew! I'm glad it's Friday too, this week has been exhausting! I need to sleep in!