• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deathbyshiny

deathbyshiny's Death to Laziness: Level 2

Diet: 

1. Eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up. (More proteins than carbs.) 7/7 - 100%
  2. Eat vegetables with at least one meal a day. 5/7 - 71%

Fitness:

1. Do the Darebee Foundation Light program every day. (http://darebee.com/programs/foundation-light-program.html) 4/7 57% So basically I planned on working out Friday-Sunday, but on Friday I got in a huge fight with my mom, and it set off my anxiety hard core, so I spent the whole weekend trying to recover. :(
  2. Some sort of endurance exercise 3x a week. (Walking, Biking, Etc.) 1/3 - 33% And so I didn't walk like I planned, either. :(

Life:

1. Do some sort of me-time activity each day. (Watch an episode of a show, listen to a podcast, read a chapter in a book). 7/7 - 100%
  2. Lower my stress by limiting myself to 3 hours MAX of work after school hours or at home on weekends. (Grading, planning, etc.). 7/7 - 100% 

Overall Week Average: 77% Worst one yet, but I won't let it bother me! 
Challenge grade: 84%

I think this is pretty good? I learned a few things about myself, and I definitely feel confident that I developed some good eating habits. I really need to work on my fitness, so that's going to be a struggle for me, but I'm doing more now than I was before I started these challenges, and that's a win!

I am going to be walking my Zombies, run! 5k this weekend. I have no problem walking this. I don't care about leaderboards or any of that. I joined it because I wanted to prove to myself that I can do it. So I am going to do the two 45-minute training sessions, and then power-walk the actual 5k. That alone is a more positive mindset than I think I've ever been in!

For the next challenge, I'm going to do something very different because my November is a hot mess, and I participate in Extra-Life and NaNoWriMo, so I want to do something that I can do without feeling like I'm slacking off.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, deathbyshiny said:

but on Friday I got in a huge fight with my mom, and it set off my anxiety hard core, so I spent the whole weekend trying to recover. :(

So sorry to hear about this. I totally feel you. <3

Considering your anxiety attack, I think the last week was good. You did good until then and we all have periods where we are absolutely gobsmacked.

34 minutes ago, deathbyshiny said:

I learned a few things about myself, and I definitely feel confident that I developed some good eating habits. I really need to work on my fitness, so that's going to be a struggle for me, but I'm doing more now than I was before I started these challenges, and that's a win!

I am going to be walking my Zombies, run! 5k this weekend. I have no problem walking this. I don't care about leaderboards or any of that. I joined it because I wanted to prove to myself that I can do it. So I am going to do the two 45-minute training sessions, and then power-walk the actual 5k. That alone is a more positive mindset than I think I've ever been in!

You did good. I think the most important thing we can do is to learn and just grow a little every time. Sure, sometimes we can grow a lot, sometimes it is less. I think you did solid growing and have good plans for the future! :D

35 minutes ago, deathbyshiny said:

Extra-Life

What is this? :)

• Like 1

Thanks! <3 I sometimes worry that my anxiety gets the better of me. This weekend it tried to, but I did eventually recover. :)

Extra-Life is a fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network of hospitals. You play games for 24 hours and raise money to help sick kids!
http://www.extra-life.org/
I love doing it, and this is my third year. :D But it does drain an entire weekend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, deathbyshiny said:

Extra-Life is a fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network of hospitals. You play games for 24 hours and raise money to help sick kids!
http://www.extra-life.org/
I love doing it, and this is my third year. :D But it does drain an entire weekend.

Sounds fun and exhausting! And yeah, I can see how it would steal the whole weekend. ^^