Hi there!

So I know I can't be the only one here who loves to be creative and stay organized! Does anybody else here use a bullet journal? Anybody keen on giving it ago? And do you track your fitness there, if so? I do and I'm trying to fit my four week challenge somewhere into the mix whilst also keeping updates on it every day; I suppose we'll see how it goes! 

Also, feel free to share photos or any articles if you feel so obliged!

~Stella :) 

• Like 4

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

I had never heard of bullet journalling before, googled it, and wow, so pretty ^^

I like writing to-do lists and plans down on paper, and I've often tried to come up with some sort of system to keep goals, habits, to-dos and calendar type plan things together, but never really managed to make it click. I will definitely be trying this! Thanks for making this post :D

I'd love to see pics of yours!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Fjolan said:

I had never heard of bullet journalling before, googled it, and wow, so pretty ^^

I like writing to-do lists and plans down on paper, and I've often tried to come up with some sort of system to keep goals, habits, to-dos and calendar type plan things together, but never really managed to make it click. I will definitely be trying this! Thanks for making this post :D

I'd love to see pics of yours!

That's how I first got interested in it; all of the pretty photos! I stumbled across a few bullet journaling collections on weheartit and fell in love; its just a big jumble of my three favourite things; writing, art, and organization! :D I'll try and upload some photos in a few days. I just finished my last 400 page one so have begun another (though I still keep all my old ones since I put so much blood, sweat and tears into them, haha) but for sure, I'll try and get some photos up :)  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

I'm trying my absolute hardest to get this. Honestly the whole thing confuses me. I'd love to understand it because organization is my heart and soul. I've started a journal for this challenge that kind of falls into the category of bullet journaling, though not entirely. Might post some pictures a little later. 

Yeah, it looked a little confusing to me too but I tried to take it back to basics in my mind and just began doing it on a level I understood, and over time its evolved into something more, I suppose. I can try and help if you have any specific question though! :) 

• Like 1

Haha, my journal is pretty ugly, but I love it! I like to put notes in it at the end of the day as a sort of review. Over time, it has evolved and started to focus in on the things that I am really interested in tracking. I also am liking incorporating my WOD log into it. 

• Like 2

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

5 minutes ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

Haha, my journal is pretty ugly, but I love it! I like to put notes in it at the end of the day as a sort of review. Over time, it has evolved and started to focus in on the things that I am really interested in tracking. I also am liking incorporating my WOD log into it. 

Ah, cool! I've found the same with mine; its morphing to show the things I really care about tracking and I'm working out what does and doesn't need cataloguing in my day-to-day life. How do you manage to incorporate your WOD log into it, by the way? I mean, do you add it in under your daily tasks; do you make a spreadsheet? A habit tracker? I want to include mine but am still working it out :) 

5 hours ago, JessOfAllTrades said:

I am an off-and-on bullet journaler! I have yet to do any fitness tracking with it, but if you're on facebook there is a highly active bullet journal group that has numerous layout ideas and different trackers. I can send a link later after work.

Oh sure, that would be great! Thank you :D  

• Like 1

http://productive-studies.tumblr.com/post/150826264501/here-are-some-excepts-from-my-bullet-journal

Here are some of mine! 

My favourite thing about Bullet Journals is that you can make them as messy, simple, or creative as you like. I know some people who just split a double page spread into 8, with each day of the week having a section, then the last one is for habit tracking/quote/general to do, etc. Each day has a few to-dos that you plan on doing during the day, and whatever events or deadlines you have. You can also create monthly or yearly pages for an even larger overview.

The main problem with it is that you need to make it a habit. You have to sit down every day and review your goals. Either do it in the morning or before bed. I used to be really vigilant before the summer, and I'm now trying to get it back.

But yeah, its fun and pretty, I've now amassed an amazing washi tape collection, and you should definitely try it out!

• Like 2

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

@IAmInfinite I too have amassed a huge washi tape collection, haha! I find it quite therapeutic nowadays. Some people find that it's nice to have something all pretty and decorative but that it's best to keep it simple so as to make sure it becomes a habit on those tiresome days, but for me its become something I've slotted time in for every night and I can really engage my creative side. :) If ever you feel comfortable sharing photos I'd love to see some! Strange how something as simple as a bullet journal can become almost an obsession (for me, anyways, haha!) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stellakin said:

Yeah, it looked a little confusing to me too but I tried to take it back to basics in my mind and just began doing it on a level I understood, and over time its evolved into something more, I suppose. I can try and help if you have any specific question though! :) 

I will definitely take you up on that help! I'm going to make bullet journaling a part of the next challenge! 

• Like 1

I keep a planner. Bullet journals look so intimidating! It's almost too much freedom. Haha! I also am intimidated by a to-do list. I rather say "I plan to do this today" and if I don't do it, then I will reschedule it. It's not very strict, but it works for me.
 I do use some washi tape and stickers to make my planner more vibrant and fun though. :) It has definitely helped me try to stick to my health goals.

• Like 1

I really like some of the ideas these ladies had here in this blog post:

http://www.bohoberry.com/bullet-journal-hacks/

My captain's log looks like my brain barfed on every page, but I'm still under construction. I love how tailored to your lifestyle you can make them.

I want to start a new one and include my sketches for Inktober. Sketchbook/ fitness tracker/ planner/ journal.

• Like 2

The girl sitting next to me at Starbucks has a beautiful bullet journal - like, HuffPo Article beautiful. It makes me laugh at my own scatter-brained-ness and lack of artistic skill!

On 9/26/2016 at 10:02 AM, Stellakin said:

How do you manage to incorporate your WOD log into it, by the way? I mean, do you add it in under your daily tasks; do you make a spreadsheet? A habit tracker? I want to include mine but am still working it out

I just include it in the day. I don't block out my days by page/half page; they simply take up as much room as they take. Some days, I need to add in some gratitude notes. Other days, I basically end up with a rant block... and some days, my whole grocery list makes its way in!! 

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

You got me with the Bullet Journal. I'll try it out at work. Each day I have at least 20 tasks. Mostly small things like call this person, copy this paper, order Y from X. And I have to take a lot of notes, especially when a client is calling and I have to tell a colleague. At the moment I have the outlook calender, my emails used as a to-do-list, a separate to-do-list and paper to take notes. Ah, and there is this map with 31 fan, each fan for a day in a month. You can imagine the chaos :D Maybe I can impress my boss with this system too.

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch