On 26/12/2016 at 11:55 AM, mightstone2k said:

I just ordered a journal to start bullet journaling. I was going to order the one off the bullet journal website (figured a $25 splurge was fine to get the first one already formatted), then saw $30 in shipping. Nope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh you can use any notebook. Blank and dotted are just favourites for aesthetic purposes.

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

What Infinite said.  Dotted and grid lines just make it a little easier if you want to get fancy with boxes and sections and so on.

Tbh you can use any notebook. Blank and dotted are just favourites for aesthetic purposes.

What Infinite said.  Dotted and grid lines just make it a little easier if you want to get fancy with boxes and sections and so on.

I know. I just have a silly hankering for getting things that are specifically designed for the task at hand. It's irrational.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

On 12/30/2016 at 3:55 PM, The Shogun said:

Hey! I'm just setting my first BuJo and I was wondering if anyone has ever used it for a NF 4 week challenge. I might be interested in steal some ideas. 

I'm not doing that for the upcoming challenge; but playing around with layouts for the next. :)

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

I love using my bullet journal and so glad I discovered them. 

I just saw this post but if you are looking for a reasonably priced Bullet Journal to start out with and see if you like the concept, Barnes & Nobles sells 8x10 Dot Grid notebooks for under $10. They are a good inexpensive starting journal but I think you can only get them online. 

I bought one and I like using it for testing out markers, fonts, banners and such. 

• Like 2

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Heh.  A ruler and some patience can take care of that. :D

ETA: I routinely use a 5x7 lines notebook from the local Dollar Tree - I break out a ruler to make calendars and whatnot as needed.

• Like 2

I don't do bujo specifically, but I always make paper charts of the sort that I see people use in bujo/etc.

Up until last month, I was printing out a small booklet each challenge, the same size as my daily planner notebook, so I can tuck it inside.

large.nf12-0.jpg

They are around 3.5"x5.5" (quarter sheets trimmed a little narrower to better fit in a pocket). The challenge booklets are made of two sheets of paper, giving 16 pages.

Goals on the front cover, progress tracking on the back cover, and inside one page for each of the goals, for notes, plus for each week a lined page (for tasks/etc) and a weekly checklist grid.

Last month, I was falling behind, and decided I needed a larger format progress chart on my wall, where I couldn't ignore it. That was really helpful, very motivational. This month, while I did print up a blank challenge booklet, I haven't filled it out. Instead I made another progress chart for the wall, plus a large one-page version of the daily checklist grids I have in the booklets.

0107170804.jpg

Mainly I don't use bujo because I really like having a pre-printed time grid for every day, which I use for tracking how I spent my time. (I use Google Calendar for my main scheduling tool, because I need to be able to coordinate with people about use of the office, car, etc.) I make these daily planners myself, because I want a specific size, format, layout, etc. (Like I want my "day" to start at 8pm the previous night.) They are laid out in MS word, cut and stitched on a sewing machine because they are too thick to staple. I write the days on them by hand, because otherwise getting it printed correctly is an epic struggle. I make a new one at the start of each challenge, so they are 35 days. In the past, I've included checkboxes for challenge goals pre-printed right on these sheets, but I kept wanting more checkboxes, and it got too crowded, so now they are just blank.

0102171041.jpg

(Randomly selected planner page. Looks like I was unsuccessfully trying to catch up on sleep that night...)

Anyway, I love the freedom of a paper planner, being able to scribble things anywhere. If I don't have many tasks for the day, I can just use that part as scratch paper. I've tried using "nice" notebooks, and it was too much pressure to make everything look good. I need to feel comfortable scribbling things out, messing it up.

• Like 1

Joshua - Yoga Ninja Weasel #22 Weasel does 500 Pullups

I use a US$2.50ish graph paper composition book from an office supply chain for my vaguely bujo-style planner. I personally prefer 1/5" grid but 1/4" seems to be more common; if you have a preference then be sure to check on whether a given graph paper item is 4 or 5 squares per inch.

• Like 2

Thea Bee - Kender Rebel - Level 0 - Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: [1]

For anyone wondering, Thea rhymes with Leia, as in the princess, not with Leah.

And an odonate is a dragonfly or damselfly!

I've been bullet journaling for 3-4 years now. I do it more like Ryder's original style, though. I add in a few fancy layouts here and there plus a habit tracker. I also have the occasional pretty colored pens or tape, but most days are just lists of tasks and reminders/notes :) I don't have the time nor artistic ability to do what some of those peeps do. I am in the Bullet Journal Junkies FB group, though ;)

• Like 2

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

On 1/16/2017 at 2:31 PM, TheHailey said:

Just spent my morning looking up bullet journaling. Looks like a great way to combine all the journals and lists I end up making anyways.

Great. Now I need one.

How's the bullet journaling coming along? :D

On 1/16/2017 at 0:31 PM, TheHailey said:

Just spent my morning looking up bullet journaling. Looks like a great way to combine all the journals and lists I end up making anyways.

Great. Now I need one.

Standards

• Like 3

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

On 9/25/2016 at 6:55 PM, Stellakin said:

Hi there!

So I know I can't be the only one here who loves to be creative and stay organized! Does anybody else here use a bullet journal? Anybody keen on giving it ago? And do you track your fitness there, if so? I do and I'm trying to fit my four week challenge somewhere into the mix whilst also keeping updates on it every day; I suppose we'll see how it goes! 

Also, feel free to share photos or any articles if you feel so obliged!

~Stella :) 

Hi Stella,

I'm actually a writer and I have tried using a bullet journal to track my daily life, ideas or thoughts to blog or write about, and keeping track of physical activity (which was limited from my chronic illness). I have thought about tracking my fitness goals as well. I have not joined any of the fitness challenges yet, since I'm new here. But I think I will give it a try. Since I'm slowly working my way into the fitness world, it would be good to set goals and then see what it takes to reach them. Thanks for the inspiration!

~Kris

• Like 2

I've never heard of it before so just spent a while googling and loooove it!

I use a planner, make a lot of lists, and generally have to write stuff down to remember it. The problem always comes down to too many lists in too many places, no way to reference where I wrote something down, etc.

The idea of a system where I could keep it all in one spot, and organized? Sounds like exactly what I have been looking for!

• Like 2