• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ferngirl

Pressing On

Hello everyone!

Gotta get it together. 

I'm healthy, and pretty strong, but I would like to get rid of some extra weight.  I think I can aim to lose 5 pounds during this  challenge.

I'm going to use the same three steps as my other challenges.   I need to stop cheating on sugar,.  I've been doing better with veggies. 

And I was told to cut back on carbs, so I've been having smaller portions of those. 

My motivation: When the next anime convention rolls around, I'm going to dress up as Elsa.  I've already bought the pattern and all the fabric.  So, I want to actually look good in the outfit.  I want to be able to make the dress in a smaller size.  XD

Goals:

1.  Less sugar.  I want to stop snacking on sugary stuff throughout the day, and eat less for dessert. 

I'm going to allow myself 1 piece of candy, and 1 smaller dessert. 

Sometimes I cheat on this, so I gotta keep track of those times, and not let myself get away with it.  I think if I pushed back my sugar farther in the day, I won't get as much opportunity to cheat.  Because  if someone offers me a cookie, or something, that will turn into my dessert for the day.  Instead of my second dessert...

2.  More veggies.  I like veggies, and there are plenty of ways in which I'd be happy to eat a lot of them.  But sometimes I just don't...  So I want to eat veggies with every lunch and dinner (or an extra lot during one meal, if I have to miss one). 

I slacked on this one last time, so I need to pay attention to this too. 

This goes along with fewer carbs.  Use veggies to replace carbs. 

3.  Be more active.  I'm fairly active already, and pretty strong.  I want to do some form of exercise at least six days out of the week.  I'm getting pretty good at running and biking, and I have some very nice outdoor places to go for this.  I'll also do body-weight workouts from this site (and possible try a few of their other workouts).  I would like to get better at push-ups and pull-ups.

I love rock climbing, but I need people to belay me, and that can be hard to organize sometimes. 

Might do some yoga, or energization exercises too. 

Hi!  So much YES with your challenge!  I have sugar dragons to slay as well, but damn it's hard!  Perhaps we can help each other get through the next four weeks.  It won't be easy, but it will be worth it!  

I'm gonna follow you and if you need help with anything - just let me know!  :frog:

That would be great! 

It will probably be good to hold each other accountable.  Heheh. 

I think I'll start posting when the sugar demons get the better of me. That will help me notice where I went wrong.  Then I can figure out what to do about it. 

If you want we can exchange ideas about combating sugar. 

I've done pretty well about it for the past few days.  Now I just need to keep it going. 

Still doing pretty good about sugar. 

Today was my day off for exercise, since I had a headache most of the day. 

Yesterday, I did a couple rounds of body weight workout. 

I might take my bike out tomorrow if the heat has subsided some. 

Nope, it's still the same  ^-^ 

Finally went for my run today. 

Still doing pretty good on sugar.  What I seem to do is have one extra bite.  Like today, I had a caramel.  I feel like I should stop doing that, because it could probably keep growing into more bites.  XP 

Maaan, I really need to go out on my bike.  I haven't done that in ages.  Mostly because It's too dark by the time I get around to it. 

I'll have to drag myself out earlier tomorrow. 

Better head off to do the bodyweight workout.  I've been alternating between that and running for close to a couple weeks, I think. 

Still doing pretty good on sugar!  Though I think I messed up yesterday, it's starting to smooth out pretty good. 

I didn't even have my "candy" today.  I counted grape juice for my "candy."  There's probably enough sugar in it for that...

Hi Ferngirl

Hope you're doing well!

I see we're both battling the sugar demons this challenge.  I like your idea of posting up daily how you've done on the sugar front.  I may copy this idea to motivate me too :)  It is amazing how much sugar fruit juice has in it, doesn't it!

Good luck on your challenge :)

Good luck! 

Yeah, curses to juice, pretending to be healthy  XP 

It's so good though...

I finally took my bike out today.  Heheh.  I need to get back on that.  Although I didn't feel out of shape at all, which is great.  I guess it's because I've been keeping up with running and workouts. 

I think I did okay on sugar today?  MY doubt is that I may have had too much of a drink that was probably sugary.  Heh.  Oops.

• Like 1

It was fairly hot today, but I went for a run. 

Recently, I've been waiting until pretty late for my runs.  I usually go around sunset, because it's a good temperature, and sometimes I get to see beautiful skies. 

But this time of year, the sunset is not far after dinner.  I don't want to run right after I eat, so I've been running around 9:00 at night. 

It was nice to actually run in daylight.  SP  Even if it was hot. 

May have gone over on sugar.  I'm not sure hos much was in something I ate.  Heh. 

I gotta be careful tomorrow, because We're having a family party, probably with cake. 

I did good on sugar today, luckily. 

Though I forgot to eat enough veggies  @__@ 

Although I have been doing pretty good on veggies lately. 

I did get to go on a short ride with my friend.  We stated too late, so it got dark before we got too far.  Oops.  I guess that way my fault. 

Hmm.  I've discovered something interesting.  Once I get momentum rolling on my sugar restriction, I'm fine.  But if I break it for even a couple days in a row, everything falls apart.  @_@ 

Luckily I'm getting it together again. 

Went for a bike ride today. 

I'm super impressed by the whole barefoot running thing.  I got a pair of "toe shoes" years ago.  And since then running in them has made my ankles so strong.  Yesterday I slipped and twisted my ankle.  A few years ago, that would have made my ankle swell up and I'd be limping.  But not so now.  It felt a little bit funky last night.  And it's almost completely fine now.  I only remember it at all when I'm sitting on my foot weird, and even that doesn't hurt. 

It's the second time this has happened.  A couple years ago, I also twisted my ankle, in what would have been a very bad way normally.  But it was fine.

• Like 1