• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hi guys

I am currently in my fourth year of uni and I am struggling to find the energy for both my workouts and my learning. My goal is to loose a bit of weight (currently 73/74kg, would like to get under 70kg) and tighten up a few areas. Atm I am going to uni in the mornings and hitting the gym in the afternoon/evening (3x a week) and I am loosely tracking my macros. The past couple of gym session though I have experienced feeling "flat" around half way through my workout or being so tired when I get home that I take around a long nap, neither of which are good considering the amount of time I would like to spend doing homework in the evenings. I do not experience the "flat" feeling if I go to the gym in the mornings, but I simply do not have time for a morning session monday-friday. 

I allways eat a lunch/breakfast before training and (although I do not consider myself paleo) I do eat very clean with my lunches often containing things such as chicken, rice, salmon, ryebread, cottage cheese aso. 

Does anybody have any experiences, ideas or even food suggestions? 

Are you tracking your calories? When I don't eat enough my workouts suffer badly. You want to be at a deficit but a reasonable one. Don't kill yourself.

Past that, I've found that a cup of coffee before the gym works wonders.

• Like 1

You could honestly get away with bumping your calories 100 or 200 and still be in a decent enough deficit to get to your goals.  I just did some ballpark numbers without knowing the rest of your stats and it should be fine.

Sleep is also VERY important, making sure you get ATLEAST 6 hours a night (preferably 8) can do a ton to help with your recovery.

What macros are you doing right now?

Ajaxus: If you would like anymore of my stats, please let me know, as I may have calculated my macros incorrectly. I sleep at least 8 hours a night, some nights even more (last saturday for ex I slept over 10 hours, but only 4 hours the following night :/ ). 

Atm I doing 128g protein, 186g carbs and 56g fat