Achievement Unlocked: Weight Loss Goal Accomplished!

I have been gone from the challenges and the forums for a while now.  Life has been crazy.  I respawned early in the year with a simple idea: eat healthy and incorporate movement into every day as much as possible.  My goal was pretty big for a 30 year old lady with a desk job: lose almost 20 lbs to get down to the weight I was at 8 years ago before I started my undergrad.  Today, I stepped on the scale and realised that my slow and steady, sustainable and maintainable approach had gotten me to my goal weight of 140 lbs!  My challenges had gotten pretty boring for any NF readers, which is why I decided they were unnecessary.  Generally success was measured in not going over my calorie deficit goal and making sure I walked at least an hour every day (often, due to an active an hectic summer, I got much more physical activity than that, but it was a good baseline). Today, I saw the results of my hard work: success!!  But this is not the end of my journey, oh no.  That was merely chapter 1.

The next step is clear, I will need to up the ante and improve my overall fitness, especially my strength. This is a pretty awesome milestone, with lots of room to keep improving!  Hopefully I will be on my way back to a Warrior's Guild near you in the near future to get back to strength training!  Good luck to everyone else in crushing their health and fitness goals!!

• Like 3

Level: 3 Race: Human-Wood Elf Hybrid Class: Rebel

[STR - 1] [DEX - 1] [STA - 8] [CON - 7] [WIS - 13] [CHA - 3]

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal

Great work! I fell off the eating/exercise wagon and have put on weight.  Can't breath and feel awful.  So it's back to the good life for me.  Every morning I am out riding my bike at dawn and no more restaurants! It feels good just knowing I am back on track.  But it is a lifelong journey.  That's what I forgot.

• Like 1
On 9/30/2016 at 0:13 AM, liveforwonder said:

Wow, that's great! I love the walking method of weight loss. I'm pretty much doing the same as you and just working to walk 10,000 steps every day. Plus it's a great way to just relax and unstress a bit

100% walking is amazing for relaxing!  It's also a great low impact baseline fitness level that is relatively easy to maintain (depending on the climate you live in lol).  I love walking - it is my "me time" where I shut out the rest of the world (except for making sure the cross walks are clear of cars!) and just let my mind wander.  So awesome!

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal

6 hours ago, AnnaBecker said:

Great work! I fell off the eating/exercise wagon and have put on weight.  Can't breath and feel awful.  So it's back to the good life for me.  Every morning I am out riding my bike at dawn and no more restaurants! It feels good just knowing I am back on track.  But it is a lifelong journey.  That's what I forgot.

The road is bumpy and we all fall off the wagon at least once I find!  I have done the yo-yo thing and so I know how easy it is to lose focus and see my progress evaporate.  Vigilance is important - keep focus, keep logging food, and keep finding ways to make movement fun!  Good for you on the riding bike!  If you bike to work and skip the restaurants you'll also find you have a lot more money in your wallet for other things!! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal