Br0din makes Brodin Great Again!!

Br0din

Bros and SwoleMaidens,

I conquered a kingdom and partook in too my festivals in my honor...  and now I'm fat(ter).

Image result for I got fat

Its time to get back to work and make Br0din great again with this easy to list 4 step method:

1:  Stop eating like an asshole.  No more if it fits into my mouth.  It must fit my macros, it must be counted.

2:  Start lifting again.  I have (what I think is) server tendinitis in my right elbow and forearm.  Drugs and REST didn't help, so PT it is, starting tomorrow.  So, lots of legs until I'm cleared to lift upper body.  *(may have to reevaluate this after PT session.)

3:  restart my abs exercises.  I'm become lazy with my back PT because of time.  Stop it.  start doing abs.  

4:  Be awesome and spread my awesome to others.

Same rules as past challenges, no need to restate them.

• Like 5

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

You'll be glad to note your High Priest and Priestess Aquitted themselves well in your name at the Camp PL competition, winning their divisions (Flex won overall) and pointing out exactly who's high priest they were.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You'll be glad to note your High Priest and Priestess Aquitted themselves well in your name at the Camp PL competition, winning their divisions (Flex won overall) and pointing out exactly who's high priest they were.

I know MM did great, but I didn't recognize that blond dude...  

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

Stop leaving us.

And Do Your Damn AbsTM

• Like 4

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

I went to PT yesterday,  some my elbow, shoulder and forearm pain is all because my mid spine is out of wack and I have Anterior shoulder rotation due to weak mid and lower traps and scapula.  So, pecs stretching, and 2 exercises to strength my weak ass muscles (or weak in relationship to my traps, pecs and others.)

PT also said no upper body work for 3 more weeks...  so guess what that means!!  Squats everyday!

Image result for never go full retard  

Well, at least 3-4 days a week.  For those of you who have done squats everyday...  What was you plan?  

I'm getting legs doms again, 

Image result for yes, yes

So at least I know I'm alive.  I didn't do well counting calories yesterday, but I was good on Monday and today.  I really need to do better...

Image result for I need to do better

Wait... that's not me.

Image result for stop with your bullshit

its more like this...

Image result for do better

• Like 7

Wheymen

I did a 3 month burst of squatting everyday (I missed 1 day in 90 due to illness) and it worked pretty well.

I made sure that I hit at least 80% of 1RM for a single at the minimum everday. Some days got as high as 90%. Usually took 20 mins to go from cold to 1 rep at 80%.

Pro's:

Technique improved dramatically from repetition

Learned how to ignore fatigue

Got a little stronger

Con's:

Somedays mentally sucked

Doing this everyday flared up some shoulder pain (that may just be me)

Things to avoid:

Don't do multiple top sets (you are building volume through the week instead of just one day)

Hope that helps a little. I'm definitely doing this again after my next comp but probably only for 6-8 weeks this time,

• Like 3

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

4 hours ago, Blocky said:

I did a 3 month burst of squatting everyday (I missed 1 day in 90 due to illness) and it worked pretty well.

I made sure that I hit at least 80% of 1RM for a single at the minimum everday. Some days got as high as 90%. Usually took 20 mins to go from cold to 1 rep at 80%.

Pro's:

Technique improved dramatically from repetition

Learned how to ignore fatigue

Got a little stronger

Con's:

Somedays mentally sucked

Doing this everyday flared up some shoulder pain (that may just be me)

Things to avoid:

Don't do multiple top sets (you are building volume through the week instead of just one day)

Hope that helps a little. I'm definitely doing this again after my next comp but probably only for 6-8 weeks this time,

Thanks Bro, this is good.

Wheymen

I think @Curl Brogo and @chairohkey have also done that?

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Yup.

I did mine 6 says a week, alternating between working up to heavy singles on low bar, and doing 3x12 for hypertrophy on high bar and front squats.

I also gained 20#because squatting that much made me very hungry.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Dear Great & All Squatting Holder of Gainz

Will we be having a mini this challenge to test ourselves through Warrior Trials? 

May I sincerely yet humbly request that we do? 

Perhaps something small, yet mighty.

I am still a lowly novice lifter, so have no real suggestions on what that mini might be...yet I find myself wishing to throw myself against the alter of lifts to see what gains may flow forth. 

I'll go ahead and avert my eyes in case you deign to answer.

Sincerely,

Squatting Acolyte & Gainz-Seeking, Cardio-Eschewing Penitent,

~Emerald_Dragonfly

• Like 3

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

6 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Will we be having a mini this challenge to test ourselves through Warrior Trials? 

I am still a lowly novice lifter, so have no real suggestions on what that mini might be...yet I find myself wishing to throw myself against the alter of lifts to see what gains may flow forth. 

Sincerely,

~Emerald_Dragonfly

We need Warriors over in the Ranger's mini, feel free to join us.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Sincerely,

~Emerald_Dragonfly

There is something in the works. We mods need to do better about this.

Wheymen

Yup.

I did mine 6 says a week, alternating between working up to heavy singles on low bar, and doing 3x12 for hypertrophy on high bar and front squats.

I also gained 20#because squatting that much made me very hungry.

Ok, I'm thinking about every other day going kinda heavy and the going for reps. I am already fat (gained 2+ inches on the waist in a month).

I got super tired on on sat and didn't lift and then the gods made football for Sunday, so I took 2 days off.

Still failing at being disciplined with my nutrition.

• Like 2

Wheymen

If it came on fast it can go away fast. Remember, it's as simple as eat clean lift heavy. You have no problem with the second part. Just make sure you have enough good stuff to eat and you'll be set. The only way to lose is to quit.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, Br0din said:

the gods made football for Sunday, so I took 2 days off.

Saw the NF fantasy post after draft... too bad, would have been fun to troll ya'll and take my crown in the ladies. Maybe next year :P 

(Meanwhile... *MFP food stalks Br0din)

• Like 1