• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Br0din

Fall Festivous of Fantastical Feats

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

 

I think I said a week, but really 2 is fine too. I just don't want people putting in stuff that was a month ago.

 

Probably doesn't make much difference with @Tankweazel, she got a 438 Wilks total the following week anyway. Western European Champion (Best Lifter) one week and second in the 57s at British the following week.

 

Looking at the British results, I'm realising that I really did come fourth purely on my deadlift. I hate deadlifts!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added.

 

I just want to say to any newer lifters please don't be discouraged by the numbers that are up there right now :)

It just so happens that only the people who are strong AF in real life posted first. Everyone is welcome regardless of ability or experience!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Added.

 

I just want to say to any newer lifters please don't be discouraged by the numbers that are up there right now :)

It just so happens that only the people who are strong AF in real life posted first. Everyone is welcome regardless of ability or experience!

This. I've been using these virtual comps to measure my progress for about a year now. It's fun to see your wilks score climb.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My WL meet is on October 23, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.  So I plan to set up a virtual meet on October 8.  It is really no big deal because my new programming has me shooting for maxes on Saturdays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

My WL meet is on October 23, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.  So I plan to set up a virtual meet on October 8.  It is really no big deal because my new programming has me shooting for maxes on Saturdays.

Yeah Sam, that one is getting a bit late. Use your top practice session!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Yeah Sam, that one is getting a bit late. Use your top practice session!

That's my plan for next week actually (avoiding maxing out with just over a month to my actual

comp...)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2016 at 10:44 AM, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Yeah Sam, that one is getting a bit late. Use your top practice session!

 

This is an excellent offer!  Most likely I will take you up on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.... I have a way to go to catch up with you top runners.

Cant complain about a 30 kg improvement on squat and deadlift from last time though. Getting a PT really makes a difference.

 

Bring on the Oly lifts :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logged my WL lifts from the weekend, both extremely narrow PRs.  I'm starting to dig these 3 attempt formats. 

 

Snatch

70.3 79.4 86

 

Clean & Jerk.

102.00 111.10

117.90

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Virtual Oly Meet.

Morning weigh in: 92.6 kg

Snatch: 67.6 / 72.1 / 74.4 kg

Clean and Jerk: 97 / 101.6 / 103.9 kg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

 

EDIT:  Should all be entered now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, intensity day done and dusted, so here are my numbers (theoretically my 90%). We'll have to wait and see how that translates on competition day (Nov 19).

 

Morning weigh in was 136.1kg (yeah, doing this after a week of holiday eating probably wasn't wise)

 

Squat: 216kg

Bench: 139.5kg (was supposed to be 141.5kg but it wasn't there in warm up so I autoregulated)

Deadlift: 231.5kg

 

total is up from summer by 2kg, and wilks is up by .69. Considering it wasn't a max out, I'm happy. Now just to lose some more weight going into competition and keep on grinding it out in the gym.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People, you are making me feel so puny, nevertheless i'm putting my numbers in. And they are a tad better as in february. Still some mighty impressive stuff here!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mr_willes said:

People, you are making me feel so puny, nevertheless i'm putting my numbers in. And they are a tad better as in february. Still some mighty impressive stuff here!

 

It's you versus gravity!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now