• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Br0din

Fall Festivous of Fantastical Feats

4 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

I think I said a week, but really 2 is fine too. I just don't want people putting in stuff that was a month ago.

Probably doesn't make much difference with @Tankweazel, she got a 438 Wilks total the following week anyway. Western European Champion (Best Lifter) one week and second in the 57s at British the following week.

Looking at the British results, I'm realising that I really did come fourth purely on my deadlift. I hate deadlifts!

Added.

I just want to say to any newer lifters please don't be discouraged by the numbers that are up there right now :)

It just so happens that only the people who are strong AF in real life posted first. Everyone is welcome regardless of ability or experience!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Added.

I just want to say to any newer lifters please don't be discouraged by the numbers that are up there right now :)

It just so happens that only the people who are strong AF in real life posted first. Everyone is welcome regardless of ability or experience!

This. I've been using these virtual comps to measure my progress for about a year now. It's fun to see your wilks score climb.

• Like 1

My WL meet is on October 23, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.  So I plan to set up a virtual meet on October 8.  It is really no big deal because my new programming has me shooting for maxes on Saturdays.

21 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

My WL meet is on October 23, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.  So I plan to set up a virtual meet on October 8.  It is really no big deal because my new programming has me shooting for maxes on Saturdays.

Yeah Sam, that one is getting a bit late. Use your top practice session!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

That's my plan for next week actually (avoiding maxing out with just over a month to my actual

comp...)

• Like 1

On 9/30/2016 at 10:44 AM, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

This is an excellent offer!  Most likely I will take you up on it!

Well.... I have a way to go to catch up with you top runners.

Cant complain about a 30 kg improvement on squat and deadlift from last time though. Getting a PT really makes a difference.

Bring on the Oly lifts :)

• Like 1

Logged my WL lifts from the weekend, both extremely narrow PRs.  I'm starting to dig these 3 attempt formats. 

Snatch

70.3 79.4 86

Clean & Jerk.

102.00 111.10

• Like 4

Virtual Oly Meet.

Morning weigh in: 92.6 kg

Snatch: 67.6 / 72.1 / 74.4 kg

Clean and Jerk: 97 / 101.6 / 103.9 kg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

EDIT:  Should all be entered now.

• Like 1

Okay, intensity day done and dusted, so here are my numbers (theoretically my 90%). We'll have to wait and see how that translates on competition day (Nov 19).

Morning weigh in was 136.1kg (yeah, doing this after a week of holiday eating probably wasn't wise)

Squat: 216kg

Bench: 139.5kg (was supposed to be 141.5kg but it wasn't there in warm up so I autoregulated)

Deadlift: 231.5kg

total is up from summer by 2kg, and wilks is up by .69. Considering it wasn't a max out, I'm happy. Now just to lose some more weight going into competition and keep on grinding it out in the gym.

• Like 2

People, you are making me feel so puny, nevertheless i'm putting my numbers in. And they are a tad better as in february. Still some mighty impressive stuff here!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mr_willes said:

People, you are making me feel so puny, nevertheless i'm putting my numbers in. And they are a tad better as in february. Still some mighty impressive stuff here!

It's you versus gravity!

• Like 1