• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Br0din

Fall Festivous of Fantastical Feats

Not likely that anyone will be disputing my 10th place, but since i made it for myself, i might as well share it here.

Forgot to tape the first BenchPress attempt!

On 9-10-2016 at 2:23 AM, wildross said:

I'm critiquing Mr Incredible's form on those floor presses

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Don't know if you are referring to me...

Second:

00536d9268ae66b090ccd30f3fa270b83851de21

Just blame it on me being being Dutch ;) 

On 10/15/2016 at 6:10 PM, Brovatar Korra said:

I know this is late to the party but thank you @Gainsdalf the Whey for allowing it!

Bodyweight: 101.4 kg

9 for 9 at the RPS Texas Gainzsaw Massacre Meet!

Best Squat: 142.5 kg

Bench Press: 90 kg

Best Deadlift: 142.5 kg

And I have videos!

Nice job! you have way more in that DL!

1 hour ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Also, whose weightlifting numbers are nameless?

I saw those... I think they are copy/pasted over from before? They were there when I put in my PL numbers. Probably didn't get deleted...

• Like 2

The Champions are:

NF Powerlifting Champions:

• NF Women's Power Lifting Champion- Tankweazel [451.81]
  • NF Women's Squat Champion- Tankweazel [163.86]
  • NF Women's Bench Press Champion- Tankweazel [112.81]
  • NF Women's Deadlift Champion- Spezzy [182.71] 
  • NF Men's Power Lifting Champion- Juni0r83 [329.28]
  • NF Men's Squat Champion- Juni0r83 [121.16]
  • NF Men's Bench Press Champion- wildross [93.64]
  • NF Men's Deadlift Champion- Gainsdalf [146.01]

NF Weightlifting Champions:

• NF Women's Weightlifting Champion- Miss_Marissa [73.70]
  • NF Women's Snatch Champion- Miss_Marissa [36.87]
  • NF Women's Clean & Jerk Champion- Miss_Marissa [36.87]
  • NF Men's Weightlifting Champion-  Rurik Harrgath [228.70]
  • NF Men's Snatch Champion- Rurik Harrgath [96.44]
  • NF Men's Clean & Jerk Champion-  Rurik Harrgath  [132.22]

Congrats to all of our new champions! I'll be updating titles shortly. I'm aiming to have the next virtual lifting competition around Valentine's Day.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Somebody needs to take this title away from me next time. Need more weightlifters!

I'm entirely not deserving.

I was going to but I ran out of time, and I'm banned from WL on my current program.

Extra stuff I am allowed to do: glute/ hip adductor isolation, pyjama fights, prehab and rehab prescribed by physio

Extra stuff I am not allowed to do: oly lifting, officially training mma, weighted dips, pull ups, monkey bars or any sort of weighted monkeying around

Stuff they would prefer I didn't do: agreeing to fights with a large weight disparity (lmao, you are distracted cornering for someone else, imma absolute k thx bai)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

Somebody needs to take this title away from me next time. Need more weightlifters!

Back in June, I did a WL meet at the Star of the North Games and won my division by default with a 155 kg total.  I was the only 94 kg competitor between 40 and 44.  I was really hopeful I would get to "compete" against other people, particularly one older man who is one weight class higher but otherwise lifts at my level.  He also won his division being the only 105 kg competitor in a Master's division and he called it a participation ribbon.

I called my prize an "old medal" for being the oldest person to compete with the Millennials in the 94 kg weight class. :D

What I am trying to say is sometimes in life you are a winner just for showing up to play - and this is one of those times!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

Back in June, I did a WL meet at the Star of the North Games and won my division by default with a 155 kg total.  I was the only 94 kg competitor between 40 and 44.  I was really hopeful I would get to "compete" against other people, particularly one older man who is one weight class higher but otherwise lifts at my level.  He also won his division being the only 105 kg competitor in a Master's division and he called it a participation ribbon.

I called my prize an "old medal" for being the oldest person to compete with the Millennials in the 94 kg weight class. :D

What I am trying to say is sometimes in life you are a winner just for showing up to play - and this is one of those times!

We have a fear of the default medals in bjj and it's worse coming from that judo background.

In judo you're merged up till you can get a bracket of at least two, and in a bracket on two there is only one medal, gold.  In a bracket of three, gold and silver, bracket of four, gold silver and one bronze.  You need five to get to the two bronzes.

Being a light weight, I always have this legit fear that they won't let me merge till I get matched in bjj and I have to be the one that bows on for a gold.  

Lifting is a little different though, you have some very clear criteria for progress.

• Like 1

On 2.11.2016 at 4:26 PM, miss_marissa said:

I am on the way...

• Like 1

On 11/2/2016 at 10:40 AM, Tankweazel said:

I was going to but I ran out of time, and I'm banned from WL on my current program.

Extra stuff I am allowed to do: glute/ hip adductor isolation, pyjama fights, prehab and rehab prescribed by physio

Extra stuff I am not allowed to do: oly lifting, officially training mma, weighted dips, pull ups, monkey bars or any sort of weighted monkeying around

Stuff they would prefer I didn't do: agreeing to fights with a large weight disparity (lmao, you are distracted cornering for someone else, imma absolute k thx bai)

^^ Reasons I'm not an elite powerlifter.

If my coach told me I was banned from gymnastics they would get throat punched.

On 11/5/2016 at 8:52 AM, tyria said:

I am on the way...

WOO HOO!!!

On 11/2/2016 at 0:12 PM, Sam Ashen said:

Well said!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Pretty much the same here.  Not an elite lifter.  Not an elite eater, either.  (I don't think I can do what those elite hot dog eaters can do.)

It is interesting you are banned from weighted dips and pull-ups.

EDIT:  And I forgot where I was going with this!  When I signed up for a PL meet at the beginning of the year, MB banned me from Counterfit and Cardio.

Still :lol: at 93 kg hip-throw as part of a warm-up.

14 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm worried the day is coming that I get banned from moonfacing.

20 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

WOO HOO!!!

Well said!

To be fair, I'm not banned from punching or choking people so I give them a bit of slack.

20 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

It is interesting you are banned from weighted dips and pull-ups.

Oh, they're coming back in.  The pull ups first and the dips once I'm used to the flat back benching volume.