Here we are again.

This is my 16th challenge... can you believe it?

Anyway... The other day I ate like a pig. Not ONE healthy thing all day. So yeahhhh... that will be on the list for a bit.

The second thing I need to look at is rest, both as "rest days" and "me-time" as well as "night sleep".

Life has been a hell of a busy time lately. But the end is in sight.

The weekend of 0 week I'll finish my theoretic course to become a trainer, then I am just 5 course weekends of practical hands on training (in early '17) away from getting my licence.

Similarly I have been training for my first obstacle course race. Okay, per definition it's a mud run, not a race, but I'll call it race, for simplicities sake.

The race is on Oct 8th, and I am VERY MUCH excited about it.

I have not gotten as strong as I would have liked to become by now, but there is a direct correlation between how much I put in and how little I got out. So that is only fair... if unfortunate.

I am in the mood to DO ALL THE THINGS. But I know better. I'll do the ranger thing without the overload, this time, I hope...

Plans for this challenge:

• write down food - might not be in-app everything measured and concrete calories and macros and all that hassle. Just write down what you ate, snacked on or otherwise stuffed in your face. Keep lists.
  • stop eating like a dickhead - one veggie or fruit each day, no excuses, no processed substitutions. One. Each. Day.
    Also skip the salt and drink your goddamned water, for crying out loud!
  • Keep training and resting and enjoy the ride. I mean what more is there? Soon my friends from Australia and the Netherlands will be here for a weekend, I will clean like a maniac (I'm human afterall). I will train, both running outside as well as fitness and belly dancing classes, peer pressure is my saviour! I will rest when I can, I will keep logging my sleep (not awesome atm) I just brushed off a minor cold, so I am taking the hint of taking things less serious and rest more. I am not sure how to measure this though.
    And enjoy the ride? When do you ever meet online friends in person for the first time, run your very first mud run / OCR? Enjoy it! Take lot's of mental pictures, real ones too. Live the life, be present in the moment.

Anyway, I will post this up, since you nice folk are so very patient with me, let me tell you again how grateful I am for your companionship, support, insight.

Morag.

Gratitude

Wasabi - yummy.

FlyLady - even though I have to regularly start over again and again...

difficult to find a third item here today... I think relationships. Both romantic as well as platonic. So many so-very-different people connect and interconnected in so many different ways, it's amazing, breath taking, awe inspiring. Wonderful. It makes you wonder.

• Like 4

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Week 1

• hydration (every day)
  • make up detailed cleaning list
  • make up extended grocery list (for race weekend)
  • MONDAY
    • FlyLady stuff - did one thing... trying to get back on that waggon
    • kinda cancelled rpg at our house by giving the guys the option to not spend time with my cold infested self. Turned out they didn't all care much about cold infestation and we had X-MEN Apocalypse movie night. Was fun. Feeling better already.
    • Morning run - cancelled to nap to get over cold... seems to have worked.
    • hubby working early-shift
  • TUESDAY
    • FlyLady stuff
    • baby-magneto's early ergotherapy appointment - kindi afterwards
    • Feed people 1 - 2 - 3 - number 4 eats in kindi, and yeahhhh... all of the eating was improvised, not awesome. could have been worse though. 
    • baby-magneto's second gym class (bring and pick up, not attending myself) - baby-magneto threw a hissy-fit. No class attendance.
    • big-boy lobo's karate class
    • fitness conditioning class (+volleyball)
    • early bed
Spoiler
  • WEDNESDAY
    • FlyLady stuff
    • parent-teacher breakfast (kindi) I'll be late for this because of appointment
    • parent-teacher evening thing (school)
    • morning run (xtra distance for mini)
    • buy food stuffs for this week
    • buy drink stuffs for this week
    • get-to-know-appointment with new doctor (closer to home - hopefully I'll like her)
    • hubby working late-shift
    • bed early
  • THURSDAY
    • FlyLady stuff
    • baby-magneto's first Schultütenclub, a preschool thing.
    • dance class
    • fitness conditioning class (basketball)
    • send e-mail if I haven't gotten any mail yet for next trainer class
    • bed early
  • FRIDAY
    • Morning run (maybe)
    • FlyLady stuff
    • early-ish logotherapy appointment with baby-magneto - kindi afterwards
    • check on baby-magneto's class, does it already continue or still on hiatus?
    • hubby on early-shift
    • bed early
  • SATURDAY
    • Morning run (alternate)
    • one week to mud run / OCR
    • FlyLady stuff
    • to be determined
    • hubby on early-shift
    • bed early
  • SUNDAY
    • FlyLady stuff
    • optional pool day with mum (and kids)
    • to be determined
    • hubby on early-shift
    • bed early

gray means I am not actively involved in it myself, but maybe affected in some form or another.

So, yeahhhh I'll try not clogging things up too much, but I will probably need lists to not go utterly bonkers...

Edit to cross more things off Tuesday List. My hubby always does that too, making fun and then quite earnestly asking me to make a list... I get it, I'm more involved in the household, I have a better overview, but (t)he(y) could skip the redicule...

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

55157deb762c88e8979fe0c515e68802cceaa45f

Just kidding.  One thing a day is sometimes all you need to get done.  

I'm psyched to hear more about your first mud run.  I haven't done a real mud run/obstacle challenge but I have done something on a smaller scale.  It was called "beastmode challenge" and I did it with my 13 year old son this summer.  It was super muddy.  tie your shoes tight :) and have fun!

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

yo

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

8 hours ago, maegs said:

My dad also teases my mom about her lists, must be a guy thing ;)  (although she's particularly bad, to the point where she has a list of lists)

what do you mean "particularly bad"? I do that too. Ok, admittedly only for vacation or other packing or party prep or stuff like that... like

• suitcase
  • carry-on
  • cleaning before leaving
  • plant-postbox-sitter
  • bag for each (small) person coming along
  • travel entertainment (CDs, mp3, phones rarara)

that kinda thing, then have a list for each, kinda... maybe I am thinking too much about this... Men are weird. But I think the day I stop being able to laugh about myself I'll stop living.

PS good to have you.

Gratitude

Home-made marmelades and jams. My mother in law is AWESOME. Feeling rich and blessed even when it's the end of the month.

very difficult to find more today....

hubby and the kids (and the boyfriend), and them all being healthy

Modern medicine. It's damn amazing what they can see how early and how much they can do about it...

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

• WEDNESDAY
    • FlyLady stuff - nope
    • parent-teacher breakfast (kindi) I was late for this unable to attend at all and went hungry because of appointment
    • parent-teacher evening thing (school) - waste of time, but went anyway.
    • morning run (xtra distance for mini) - didn't happen, see appointment 
    • buy food stuffs for this week
    • buy drink stuffs for this week
    • get-to-know-appointment with new doctor (closer to home - hopefully I'll like her) The OBGYN seems competend enough, didn't blink twice when I told her about our non-monogamy and other tmi stuff, waiting was rather long, and I will have to make the front desk personelle understand that I don't like to wait that much... otherwise seemed doable.
    • hubby working late-shift
    • bed early - before midnight.
  • THURSDAY
    • FlyLady stuff - nope
    • baby-magneto's first Schultütenclub, a preschool thing. -- This is next week.
    • dance class
    • fitness conditioning class (basketball)
    • send e-mail if I haven't gotten any mail yet for next trainer class -- Not done yet.
    • bed early -- yeah, before midnight again, but not by much
  • FRIDAY
    • Morning run (maybe) - nope
    • FlyLady stuff - some swish&swipe, some minor things here and there... not much
    • early-ish logotherapy appointment with baby-magneto - kindi afterwards - changed time, but still kid hates it. it's an utter desaster to get him to cooperate when things break his routine, no he's not whatever the term for that mental disability is, he's just young and has too many days with crap going on, and it's not fun.
    • check on baby-magneto's class, does it already continue or still on hiatus? - forgot
    • hubby on early-shift
    • bed early - YES
  • SATURDAY
    • Morning run (alternate) - still no
    • one week to mud run / OCR
    • FlyLady stuff - again some, plus doing minor things in the apppartment
    • mum here for celebration: big boy has white and yellow belt exam today. wooot big day! (we're not allowed to watch, so we wait with the cake at home)
    • hubby on early-shift
    • bed early - YES
  • SUNDAY
    • FlyLady stuff
    • optional pool day with mum (and kids) - yeah no. couch day
    • nothing much
    • hubby on early-shift
    • bed early - YES
  • MONDAY
    • Morning run - wooot S1M5 Z!R! plus an additional W1W2 of the 5kTrainer (running when instructed to jog and jogging when instructed to walk) total of 6.32km and 1h41m.
    • kids home for national holiday and have them clean up their room for the guests (and themselves and me) - didn't much happen
    • Casbin here for watching marvel stuff on netflix, chatting/hanging out and food. was fun, so fun, yay
    • to list said: bedroom I didn't. much, I mean I did a bit, but it's still ... yeah, so, work in progress. Who again coined "floordrobe"? damned laundry!
    • hubby late shift
    • bed early - 1:30 am that's a no.
  • TUESDAY
    • Flylady - minor things nothing of note
    • a.m. appointment with baby-magneto - he hates appointments, schedules, and sometimes even me.
    • kindi late, he snacked on food I bribed him with to get him to kindi, ruining his appetite for lunch, which ruined everything afterwards.
    • he skipped tea, because he was so engrossed with playing
    • then when I picked him up (no food, sorry kid) to get him to kiddy-sport, he was crying and complaining the whole while, but skipped the part where he hadn't eaten much of anything all day... it took me a while to figure that out. Got him into gymnasium with a promise of getting food asap and he went and had fun and loved it all and exited the gymnasium AFTER class where I waited for him with food in hand. This kid is driving me nuts.
    • Not much else going on afterwards, did some entryhall cleaning and shoe sorting and vacuuming.
    • bed early - just after midnight. need to do better.
  • WEDNESDAY
    • Flylady - need to focus on this more, somehow.
    • morning run - 5.2km in 1h18m. I feel so VERY slow, it's grrrrrrrrrrrrr The GPS thingy is weirdly inaccurate as well it should be 5,26km, but the app show's me running through the pond, not on the path around the park but somewhere in the green area... and a total of 5.01km. I know it's about 1.315 km per circuit or at least something very close to it... So I know 4 circuits is 5.2ish and monday's 5 were in the 6,575-vicinity. Why can't the app show that... ggrrr
    • started in on the kitchen, gave up, scrubbed shower, cleaned bathroom (everything but floor), tore into laundry, and entryhall, cooked two meals brunch (bacon & eggs for hubby and me post run) and dinner (fried up pasta leftovers with sausages for the kids) got the little monster (baby magneto) to other sports group where his friend goes to as well, it seriously decreased on the drama. Feeding them apples post kindi helped too I imagine. Plus there was chocolate and playground and yeahhhh (but hey I didn't bring the chocolate, was delicious though).
    • Got the kids down and out of my hair around 8:30 tonight, seriously, if I don't get my evening "off" I am SO VERY CRANKY. This was nice, being able to look at this list again. I don't expect I'll get much reading done on the forums, but hej, in time I will HOPEFULLY figure that "time on the forums"-thing out too. I hope. gahhh.
    • Tomorrow night the guys visiting me from another country AND another continent will already be on the bus over to here. I have SO MUCH to do still tomorrow.
    • I did 6x10xp on duolingo for the 4th day in a row today. Motivating Big Boy Lobo to learn French for school has me all motivated to learn French.
    • Bed early. alarm just popped, but hubby will not be home for another 30 minutes.
  • THURSDAY
    • get baby-magneto to kindy before 9-930
    • do not kill baby-magneto  //  alternately "BREATHE"
    • double check if the potatoes are still good
    • buy the groceries. All of them. Or as best I can anyway.
    • Pack the "AFTER BAG"
    • FlyLady
    • Put groceries away, clean kitchen, make the meatloaf (aka paprica, onion, cheese filled bacon wrapped awesomeness)
    • put more laundry away and wash and hang more aka it never stops
    • pick up after the kids some more
    • pick baby magneto up from kindi and get him to ophthalmologist (eye doc)
    • have baby magneto's eyes checked without traumatising the poor kid
    • home feed him and his brother
    • get big boy lobo to karate training
    • possibly go to training myself
    • earliest bed possible
  • FRIDAY
    • get up, showered, dressed and out the door to get the bus way too damn early.
    • pick up car
    • last minute groceries
    • pick up guests
    • do not kill anyone
    • get home and make breakfast / get breakfast
    • get baby magneto from kindi and kids to grandma's around 2pm
    • enjoy the day
    • have meatloaf and Bratkartoffeln
    • bed whenever
  • SATURDAY
    • MUD RUN
  • SUNDAY
    • get people to bus stop way too early in the morning

So that's the last week, weekend and this first half of this week and plans for the rest. I am not entirely sure what the next few days will bring. I am a bit worried about the weather cooling down quite a bit too... but the weekend is approaching with giant's leaps. The guys are almost here. And so is the run. woot

Do you have to buy the belts yourself or will he get them from his sensai, is there a normal procedure? I probably just gotta ask.

Anyway if you made it all the way down here. Wow. Thank you!

TL'DR lot's to do. Super excited. Appointments with kids suck. Life is a journey. Time is a river. The door is a jar.

Gratitude

Yes, I have some

for people big and small with patience

for hubby coming home

for apples with maple syrup

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Spider-Man-selfie.jpg

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Photo evidence: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q5yx9idhjlk34g8/AABMZGV2apBKrqq0bizYqbw2a?dl=0

So I did it.

I ran my very first OCR/Mud Run. Not only did I participate, I made it to the finish, I also had fun, good friends to get over obstacles together, and a feeling of "I can do this". The two wonderful men running with me, one in sandals, the other in work boots (WHY?) both walked a lot, I jogged the whole thing (okay I walked up that one hill, plus the obstacles, for obvious reasons) but my pace, as we all here know is snail like in nature. But I did it and F%$& the pace.

I had help for all the "get over" obstacles, which I think I will take note to work on before the next event, some of those walls, straw bales and tyres were very easy, I just lack jump strength and didn't feel secure in my own abilities, the walls were all solid and maybe 5ish cm wide wooden contraptions, well made ones too, so there was nothing in my way but my insecurity about my grip and fear of lack of strength. Going over them with someone giving me a boost, was way easier (aka slow and stable) than doing the thing on my own, relying on my ability to lift myself, keep myself stable while vaulting and not break myself anywhere between start and landing... scary stuff.

The "Flyer 2.0" aka 10m waterslide was fun, the pool underneath it WAS NOT. The water was so cold, my chest constricted and I was not sure I would make it out of there. But I did and afterwards my body went into hyper mode and I was toasty warm all the way to the finish line. Even could give one of my mates my jacket before he turned blue. Damn he was cold. I blame the pace, but what's done is done.

The crawling areas, especially the barbed wire low crawl at the start and the tubes in the huge field were muddy with lots of sharp stones underneath the mud, not as fun as it sounds. My knees hated me. At some point I want to practice the sideways roll thing because there was opportunity for that and I didn't because of not having experience with the movement... Lot's of that going on: wanting to practice more movements, giving me more options to overcome obstacles.

The run was good fun. Meeting (some of) my online friends for the first time even more so. The whole weekend was a soaring success.

The week after that was super-super-stressful, lot's of personal-problem-solving, lot's of organisation. Lot's of preparation. But yay I wasn't sore that much or that long, so that helped.

So after being through the emotional grinder for a few days at the start of the week, we, hubby and I, got the kids to grandma's and to bed early, because 4am THU morning we were to hit the road, 3am alarm and all that, and we did and we shared the driving and we got through the 500km to Essen and picked someone up and got to go to "die Spiel" the biggest boardgame convention world wide, they expected 160000 people for the four days of fair and it was AMAZING. JUST wow. We bought too many games (#noregrets) and tried a lot of fun games and in general had a wonderful time. we stayed for two of the four days, drove home the night to Saturday, slept into Saturday then played with the spoils of our hunt and watched the season finale of Luke Cage and in general were happy couple so much it was unreal. At the end of Sunday we resurfaced, talking with mothers and mother-in-laws, negotiated a return of car and one kid for Monday and all in all I have no idea what I did in my past lives but obviously I have done SOMETHING right since this all is my current experience in this messy world of ours.

Anyway.

Achievement:

LEVEL UP

I am so very sorry that I have not gotten around to filling you wonderful folks in earlier. I must say it was one hell of a ride, these last 2 weeks!

Love ya.

Katrin

Gratitude-

see above.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

It sounds like your first ocr was amazing! I don't know where you are located but based on the obstacles you described. You could give strong viking a chance :) My first ocr experience was there and it sounds alot like yours! I hope you will do tons more!

sent from somewhere in history

• Like 1

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

Time to shut this down and start thinking about a new challenge, me thinks.

Write down food choices. - I still, after all this time, fail miserably at this. It works for a little while but then exhaustion sets in and I stop. GRRRRR

Don't eat like a dickhead. - I am getting better with this. I am still craving munchies ALL THE TIME. But I am filling more and more of that with other-than-conventional-snack-food-choices: like carrots, apples, bananas, sometimes milk. I still struggle to not go all apesh*t on cheese, so hard, and there is always sweet things around. But I have started limiting the amount of salt-fat-carbs snacks we buy, so limited exposior helps, definitely.

Enjoy the ride. - YES, definite, wholehearted yes, did that. Enjoying the high of level-up too, which weirdly did't feel like such a huge achievement. I keep telling myself: sure I had help, but lot's of people don't even try a mud run ever, and I DID jog the whole thing, didn't get sick or hurt or anything. For next time (there will be a next time for sure) I definitely want to be able to vault more than one obstacle, jumping and upper-body strength is on the ever growing to-do list.

I am on my way to becoming a licenced trainer, I have run (barely walked at all) a 6km mud run, met 2 people from online in person for the first time. All good things.

I'm gonna take a few days to figure out the next challenge. Which, since it's my birthday on NOV 2nd, and I will celebrate with family (aka cake) on the day, and with friends, and boardgames (and potluck kinda food) on the Sunday after, things will be interesting. I have been thinking about cutting again. I will let that thought settle in a little before deciding, then I'll let you know.

Thanks for the encouragement, the advice and your patience here. MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated.

I-Love-You-This-Much-No-Lie-Funny-Love-M

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50