Hi all, I search for someone to learn languages with. I'm learning currently japanese and svedish. In school I had 5 years french lessons. (Last time I really used french is 7 years ago :D) Would start this again, if someone wants to learn it together with me. And I'm open to start with another language. (definitly not russian, spanish, italian).

I'm from germany. So if someone wants to learn german I can help :)

And maybe there is someone out there who has the patients to teach me english grammar xD

• Like 2

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch

Hello Akari, I don't know German, but I'd be more than willing to help you learn english. I only know English and Spanish, so I don't know how much help I can be to you.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hey Akari! I have been trying to learn Japanese off and on for a while now. I also dabbled at German but was terrible at it. I don't mind helping you with English if I can get help with Japanese. I haven't had a start with anything else but I probably wouldn't mind learning other languages. Let me know if you want to talk!

@Red1263 and @AquaRose

Hi you two, didn't got a notification that u answered me :D

I practise English now with some practice books - grammar and business English. I'm preparing for a C1 test, which I can do next year in school.

In the next months, I want to learn some Czech. I hope to do an internship with the Erasmus program in Avril.

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch

Well, I'm glad to see that you're learning! If you ever need a partner to practice speaking or writing/typing english, feel free to let me know.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Hey! I want to learn so many languages, and German is definitely one of them. If you wanted some Japanese practice, I'm so in the market for that as I took it in high school and was nearly fluent, but definitely need to practice to keep it up. Languages are awesome. Also, I speak English and might be a help with grammar even though I haven't been in school for quite some time. Haha. 

<3 Let me know!

• Like 1

The first few months nobody answered and now it's overwhelming :D

I have to change plans now. I won't do my internship in Czechia, I do it in Poland in May. So I have 3 months to learn some Polish.

I never studied Polish, and the only thing I know about German is that the nouns are capitalized. I did take four years of Japanese in high school, Spanish in elementary and middle school, and I'm studying Korean in college now. I can totally study Polish with you! Any good resources you like so far?

Starting Afresh - Battle Log

"You start off as a level one human with no class. At all." - Munchkin Player's Guide

"What is the you that you've dreamed of? Who do you see in the mirror? Go on your path. Even if you live for a day, do something, put away your weakness." - BTS No More Dream translated

@Vendettaressa

I went back to use Rosetta Stone. I tried it with a book (PONS Powersprachkurs Polnisch), but Rosetta Stone is more motivating for me since I get faster results.

The content pdfs of rosetta are for free. And luckily I can download the mp3 files of any Rosetta Language with my Rosetta Stone Japanese Subscription. Pronunciation and spelling are my biggest problems at the moment.

course content:https://secure.rosettastone.com/global/support/downloads/course-contents

GER-PL dictionary with pronunciation http://de.pons.com/übersetzung/deutsch-polnisch

The content pdf are without translation, so I have to translate everything. But I still make fast progress. Have a look on the Englisch content and you'll see how it's build up.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to adjust your plans, but at least you're adapting! Not to mention Polish has some good food! ^_^

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Akari said:

@Vendettaressa

The content pdf are without translation, so I have to translate everything. But I still make fast progress. Have a look on the Englisch content and you'll see how it's build up.

If you compare the British content, the American content, and the German content, it's all the exact same. You should be able to pull up the Polish and German side-by-side and practically have it translate itself for you while you practice! This is a great resource, I'll try to use it some and see how it goes!

Starting Afresh - Battle Log

"You start off as a level one human with no class. At all." - Munchkin Player's Guide

"What is the you that you've dreamed of? Who do you see in the mirror? Go on your path. Even if you live for a day, do something, put away your weakness." - BTS No More Dream translated

This thread reminds me of this video

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 2016-09-27 at 6:59 PM, Akari said:

Hi all, I search for someone to learn languages with. I'm learning currently japanese and svedish. In school I had 5 years french lessons. (Last time I really used french is 7 years ago :D) Would start this again, if someone wants to learn it together with me. And I'm open to start with another language. (definitly not russian, spanish, italian).

I'm from germany. So if someone wants to learn german I can help :)

And maybe there is someone out there who has the patients to teach me english grammar xD

This is an old post so its a longshot but im a Swede married to a japenese so if you need any help. Just pm :)

• Like 1