• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Erza Scarlet

Erza battles the Strawberry Cake Monster!

17 hours ago, six1 said:

For some reason my left arm struggled more with the press than my right arm

Do you write with the right hand? Then you use the right arm more often in general, so it's just more trained than the left.

17 hours ago, six1 said:

And I'm noticing I'm not very good at sticking to mental health quests - both this journal quest and last challenge's mindfulness quest. Don't know if that says something about my state of mind... 

I think, it's just boring for you to write a journal. I tried to write diary several times, but at some point, I always stop. Now I have just an excel sheet where I tick when I did my workout and everything else.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Akari said:

Do you write with the right hand? Then you use the right arm more often in general, so it's just more trained than the left.

That makes sense actually.

6 hours ago, Akari said:

I think, it's just boring for you to write a journal. I tried to write diary several times, but at some point, I always stop. Now I have just an excel sheet where I tick when I did my workout and everything else.

True. I have tried diaries before, but eventually stopped, so maybe it is just the same here.

Day 13

Strength: 

- Rest day

- Did stretches

Diet:

- Had no chocolate. 

- Had veg :) 

Journal: 

- Journalled, finally! 

Felt very weak and depressed today, probably sense I snacked (not chocolate :P) on junk food a lot before eating anything healthy. I also slept in pretty late. Oh well. Might feel better after tomorrow's workout. 

Day 14 - halfway there! This challenge seems much longer than the last for some reason...

Strength:

- Pushups: 3x10.
- Romanian deadlift: 3x10, 50kg! 

- Ring rows: 3x10. 

- Side plank: 2x30s.

- Chin-up machine: 5x6 assisted, 5x2 attempted.  

- Did stretches

Diet:

- Had no chocolate. 

- Had veg :) 

Journal: 

- Journalled 

Halfway to victory! 

With the press, having a dominant hand is quite normal, but you just need to train them to have equal ability. 

You may also put the mental stuff more on the backburner, as you can 'do it later' or .... and it honestly can get quite boring. If you try incorporating it into another habit it may be easier to stick to?

And congrats so far on your diet! :D 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2016 at 7:55 PM, IAmInfinite said:

Halfway to victory! 

With the press, having a dominant hand is quite normal, but you just need to train them to have equal ability. 

You may also put the mental stuff more on the backburner, as you can 'do it later' or .... and it honestly can get quite boring. If you try incorporating it into another habit it may be easier to stick to?

And congrats so far on your diet! :D 

Sorry for the late reply, was too busy to be on NF this week.

Anyway, yes that seems right and I am only starting to notice it more the heavier I lift. And yeah, maybe I should try that. I'll have to think about what I can do. And thanks. :) 

Day 16 

Strength:
- Dumbbell Overhead Press: 4x8, 24kg. 
- Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 4x8, 24kg. 

- Chin up machine: 5x6, 2 reps of attempted chin-ups.

- Did stretches

Diet:

- Had no chocolate. 

- Had veg 

Journal: 

- Didn't journal

Day 19

Strength: 

- Pushups: 3x10.

- Romanian deadlift: 3x10, 50kg. Heavy but doable. 

- Ring rows: 3x10. 

- Side plank: 2x30s.

- Chin-up machine: 5x6 assisted, 5x2 attempted.  

- Did stretches

Diet:

- Had no chocolate. 

- Didn't have veg, had katsu curry again. Lol I don't understand my obsession with it. :lol:  

Journal: 

- Didn't

Mannn I've been at these godamn chinups for ages and I still can't do them. :angry: I think it is still because of my weight. Maybe I should stop trying to do them until I lose weight/become stronger. It's frustrating because I used to be able to do chinups and pullups before I took a year(ish) break from exercising (and even before I started lifting) and gained this extra weight. That's what I get for not exercising and eating badly I guess, Oh well, I'll just have to think about what to do now. 

Ok, @six1, I am just looking and reading all your posts and I keep seeing "No chocolate"

I must be honest..  I read your first post and thought "wow, that's gonna be hard" but as I read on, my inspiration for myself grew "wow, day 15, no chocolate? STILL?!!?!!!"

Kudos to your power to do what you want to do

You have inspired me.

I work at a coffee shop, I get a free a coffee drink a day and we make our own whip cream (which is amazingly delicious), I have been wanting to fight it with myself, but seeing that you can go without chocolate, this many days, why can't I? 

Again, thanks for the inspiration.

On 10/16/2016 at 2:02 AM, Butternut said:

Ok, @six1, I am just looking and reading all your posts and I keep seeing "No chocolate"

I must be honest..  I read your first post and thought "wow, that's gonna be hard" but as I read on, my inspiration for myself grew "wow, day 15, no chocolate? STILL?!!?!!!"

Kudos to your power to do what you want to do

You have inspired me.

I work at a coffee shop, I get a free a coffee drink a day and we make our own whip cream (which is amazingly delicious), I have been wanting to fight it with myself, but seeing that you can go without chocolate, this many days, why can't I? 

Again, thanks for the inspiration.

Wow I never expected to inspire anyone. :o Thanks a lot for this comment, it made my day. :):D The cravings get somewhat easier after a while because you start to realise what your body actually needs, not what it wants. So good luck, I know you can do it! 
  • Like 1

Day 20 

Strength:

- Dumbbell Overhead Press: 4x8, 24kg

- Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 4x8, 24kg

- Did stretches 

Diet:

- Had veg

- No chocolate 

Journal: 

- Didn't 

Wasn't best day at the gym, was really tired. 

congrats on the no chocolate!  Journaling is always really hard for me to do, I get so busy with other things and writing other things that to write some more just seems tedious.

• Like 1

On October 19, 2016 at 2:32 PM, six1 said:

Wow I never expected to inspire anyone. :o Thanks a lot for this comment, it made my day. :) The cravings get somewhat easier after a while because you start to realise what your body actually needs, not what it wants. So good luck, I know you can do it! 

I've been chocolate free since my post on the 15th :) 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2016 at 6:32 PM, Treva said:

congrats on the no chocolate!  Journaling is always really hard for me to do, I get so busy with other things and writing other things that to write some more just seems tedious.

Thanks! :) Yeah I know what you mean, especially when I have so much to write for my degree. :upset: Maybe it wasn't the best idea! haha. Oh well :P 

Day 24

God I've been so bad updating for this challenge, I'll upload the rest of the days now. :) 

Strength:

- Dumbbell Overhead Press: 4x8, 24kg. 
- Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 4x8, 24kg. 

- Chin up machine: 5x6, 2 reps of attempted chin-ups.

- Did stretches

Diet:

- Had no chocolate. 

- Had veg 

Journal: 

- Didn't journal