• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Figlet

Figlet respawns.

I'm back after a long, long hiatus. 
I've been active on the FB group and on my own but haven't done a challenge in now, literally and sadly, years.

I used to be an assassin but rebel fits me better at this point.

I'm starting small so it's achievable. I rocked my first couple of challenges and then stepped it up too much, couldn't achieve my goals and stopped because I was obviously the biggest failure of anyone who had ever failed. :P

Now a new state, a new job, and a new baby later I'm starting from scratch.

1. NFBW 2x a week
2. 2 glasses of water every day
3. Check my work email and my voicemail at least once a week (I avoid both which isn't good for anyone)

1 hour ago, Figlet said:

I'm starting small so it's achievable. I rocked my first couple of challenges and then stepped it up too much, couldn't achieve my goals and stopped because I was obviously the biggest failure of anyone who had ever failed. :P

You're back, so its an A+ on your paper and not an F! :D

I also love to avoid anything adult like, and then it just piles up and gets worse. Twenty seconds of Beserker mode, and either its done or its not, the trouble is starting!

Sounds like a pretty new life, so have a good challenge! 

Week 1 done and I met most of my goals. Maybe a B for the week?

1. NFBW x 2, check

2. 2 glasses of water a day, check.

3. Voicemail, check!  Email....um, hm, look over there at that shiny thing!

Will check email this week - I've told my husband and he will hold me to it.

The others should be do-able. I've done them once, right?

I like a good chart to help me keep track of my goals.  Here's a good one for water if you're game.

Are you doing beginner bodyweight or advanced?  Both are good.   My favorite NF bodyweight workout though is the Playground workout.  My boys are in highschool now but there is still a park right across the street so after I drop them off I'm over there anyway for a morning walk and when it's not super rainy I like to do the playground workout too.

Good job recruiting the husband unit for some accountability!  But keep us posted over here too!  Two weeks left to play, hope it goes well!

My next challenge will definitely include a part to force me to come over here as much as possible. I have the women's NFA Facebook and an accountabilibuddies group off of that so that is where I end up posting most of the time. I remember from my last challenges that I got a tons of support and met lots of cool people over here, especially when I was very involved in the guild. I want to have that back.

Water is terrific, a big change for me. That water chart is awesome, thanks mom2sjm!

On target with the bodyweight work outs. Today I did the warm up, the work out, and the cool down for the first time in forever. Often it is just the work out, sometimes it includes one or the other. I can't remember the last time I did all 3.

Checking voicemail is going well. Checking work email is a big fail.  Any suggestions?

It's great that you'e still got some form of accountability, though we'd love to have more of you here! :D

Following a few people and staying dedicated to their threads help keep you accountable for a few people, which is easier to stay ontop of and you tend to be more motivating then as well. 

And congratulations on completing the work out! For the work email, I hate checking it as well. Maybe try and break it down to only checking 5 or so? Or ensuring notifications appear on your phone so you actually look at them?

@Figlet You should check you email twice a day. One time in the morning when you arrive in the office and second time after lunch. At home you could just check it once. Set a time when you do it.

I personally have my outlook at work permanently open, because in my company everything goes via email. I check each mail instantly, except when I have to finish something really important.

Hi Figlet! You mentioned earlier that you told your husband to hold you accountable - perhaps ask him to send you funny/cute stuff to your work email if that's allowable? It would make you more likely to check it and give you a positive boost towards checking it. My husband and I send random weirdness to each other all the time (and his work has to read all incoming/outgoing email for fraud purposes, sooooo at least we send them interesting stuff XD)

Good on you for getting voicemail done - I've got a phone phobia, I consider it good if I check it once per month o.o