• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matariel

Starting a new thing

Screenshot_20161010-061217.thumb.png.3f6

Mondays workout went great. Switched to back Squats and maintained 0 knee pain!

OHP even felt good. I wanted to jump up more weight but decided to work the program instead.

235 felt easier than 225 did on DL!

Screenshot_20161012-070508.thumb.png.efc

This mornings workout went okay. Alright well actually it went great for 2 lifts.

Squats were back Squats and just keep feeling better. Happiness

Bench Press was horrible. Felt super heavy. Didn't have control of the bar. Elbow pain came in. Shoulder pain came in. I went down to 135 and did my work sets there but I probably should have just walked away. I think I'm going to go back the just the bar and focus technique. I'll go up 10 lbs a workout until I catch up with OHP then I'll keep pace with them.

Power cleans are fun. I like them a lot, but I worry I'm not standing straight enough in the last position but I'm working on it.

Deadlift again Friday!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Quest 1: Learn to forum.

I disabled notifications from Tapatalk and I think that killed my awareness of forum life. So now I need to find that middle ground.

Quest 2: Starting Strength 

2 out of 3 last week. To be fair to myself though, Thursday was a rough night and a Friday workout was pretty much just out of the question. My car battery died. After multiple jump start attempts it was declared deceased. My girlfriend picked me up and cooked food for me and then we went and bought a new battery for the environment killing machine. (VW Jetta TDI that's part of the recall emissions scandal.) When we got back to my car, well first the sprinkler systems were running and crossing over the hood of my car. After waiting 5 minutes and they thankfully turned off! We tried to swap out the battery, but we were defeated by the restraining bracket that keeps the battery from sloshing battery acid everywhere :(. After these adventures I had to go back to her house and do my late night software deployment call for work from her place. So after all that mental stress I was up till 1:30 AM and still carless. Moral of the story my body was stressed enough.

Good news is that it means this week should be a double deadlift week! But I have another software deployment call for work Tuesday night so Wednesday's workout might get scratched.

This mornings lifts all went well though.

Squats - 135 lbs. Back squats at no pain all happy. 

Overhead Press - 85 lbs. Starting to feel heavy. First 2 sets went fine focused on keeping shoulders in the right position. Last set was good but the last 2 reps felt real heavy. Now to keep my brain from getting in the way and telling me I can't lift more when my muscles can.  

Deadlift  - 245 lbs. for 5. Reps 1 and 2 went quick and clean, but I lost bracing after the 2nd rep. Reset and reps 3 and 4 were more difficult. Reset again and pulled the 5th rep lift went up double overhand grip starting to have a breakdown. Debating if I want to keep working my grip strength in double overhand or move to switch grip now. I've noticed that completely resetting (standing and re-bracing) between reps dramatically increases difficulty. I first noticed this when I reset between each rep of 225, then I did 235 without standing back up and it felt super easy/awesome.... so now I'm just asking all sorts of questions on how I want to keep going.... and still freaking out that my worksets are above 225. 

Quest 3: Elements

I've decided to use GMB's Elements program for my active recovery days. They're easy 20 minute workouts that are really building motor control, they're fun to do and aren't too taxing.

Quest 4: Judo

Went to class Monday but missed Thursdays class because of super car drama ruining everything.

Quest 5: Reduce eating out for lunch. 

No plan yet for this week. Last week I won so I want to keep that up. Just don't know where the necessary meal prep will happen.

• Like 1

I don't use the Tapatalk notifications at all - I just voew the threads I participated in, and set it to Unread only:

Screenshot_20161017-191408.png

Screenshot_20161017-191415.png

That way I can keep an eye on threads I've replied in which have new replies without trawling through everythin all the time.

• Like 2

I can't believe the 4 weeks is up already... Even more I can't believe camp was already a month ago :(

Anyway I think I came out alright on this one:

Quest 1:
I managed to keep track of this thread at least so that's a win.

Quest 2:

Week 1: 3oo3

Week 2: 3oo3

Week 3: 2oo3

Week 4: 2oo3

Overall 83% = Winning

Quest 3:

Picked up Elements from GMB. Love it, So fun and feels so good on rest days. 

Quest 4:

JUDO! Awesome times throwing people. No BJJ though because I'm taking care of all my joints and don't want to do something stupid with them right now.

Quest 5:

75% on track! Hey it's improvement.

Alright so how does this whole week 0 thing work...?

• Like 1

The new forums are already up - stick a new challenge up in there when you want, and you can either start right away or wait until next week if you want.

4 hours ago, WJN325 said:

Even more I can't believe camp was already a month ago :(

Saddsssss :(

Great job this challenge!  Zero week is for getting on the HYPE TRAIN!!!! For the next challenge.  Or for cooling off/continuing with your previous one. Whichever you want to do. I usually jump on the hype train myself.