On 30/9/2016 at 1:55 PM, Rosie's Riveter said:

Anyone else doing this program? I have 2 weeks left before my race and could totally use a boost in motivation and support. Would love to have some other friends to cheer on and trade race stories with once we complete them! 

Hello!

I just saw this post. ´How are you doing with C25K? Did you make it? :)

I started C25K program four weeks ago. I've never ran in my life, I tried a few years ago but I lacked the motivation and a good planning so I dropped after a couple of weeks. Right now I am more motivated than ever and I think I am doing well. My partner started running too with C25K but she found the approach not motivational enough and couldn't improve with it, so she switched to Zombies Run 5K training and she's really enjoying it. I think the success in a specific program depends on your motivation before starting, your goals, your reasons for running... Luckily there are different apps to choose.

Level 2 Human Rebel | 151 XP

My current challenge

Old challenges: 1

My Epic Quest

20 hours ago, Lady Godgifu said:

Hello!

I just saw this post. ´How are you doing with C25K? Did you make it? :)

I started C25K program four weeks ago. I've never ran in my life, I tried a few years ago but I lacked the motivation and a good planning so I dropped after a couple of weeks. Right now I am more motivated than ever and I think I am doing well. My partner started running too with C25K but she found the approach not motivational enough and couldn't improve with it, so she switched to Zombies Run 5K training and she's really enjoying it. I think the success in a specific program depends on your motivation before starting, your goals, your reasons for running... Luckily there are different apps to choose.

Hey there! So my race is suppose to be tomorrow; however, we are having this crazy crazy storm at the moment and I'm driving about 2 hours to get to the race. So, whether or not I actually get to run it is a different story :P

I didn't fully finish the program. I kind of cheated and started half way through it and completed a couple weeks or so. I LOVE zombies run! I haven't done that in awhile. Glad your partner found something they can enjoy too! 

You will have to keep me posted on your C25K progress. Are you signed up for a race yet?

• Like 1
On 14/10/2016 at 3:50 PM, Rosie's Riveter said:

Hey there! So my race is suppose to be tomorrow; however, we are having this crazy crazy storm at the moment and I'm driving about 2 hours to get to the race. So, whether or not I actually get to run it is a different story :P

I didn't fully finish the program. I kind of cheated and started half way through it and completed a couple weeks or so. I LOVE zombies run! I haven't done that in awhile. Glad your partner found something they can enjoy too! 

You will have to keep me posted on your C25K progress. Are you signed up for a race yet?

I hope you smashed your run. =D

I haven't signed up for a race yet, because it's my first time running (well, I tried it a few years ago but wasn't motivated) and I have never been able to run for more than 8 minutes. My plan is to join one of the ParkRuns they do every Saturday in a nearby park in a few weeks and run 5k every other week there. It's not an 'official race' but it's a good training, I think, and it will help me with my anxiety too. If it goes alright my goal is to train and run for a charity in one of the 10K Great Runs in the UK.

Level 2 Human Rebel | 151 XP

My current challenge

Old challenges: 1

My Epic Quest