• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Butternut

Butternut cans and preserves

Hola! I am totally late! I bonked on my last challenge because I realized it wasn't actually what I wanted (and actually going from stay at home mama to full time working mama with kids in school, dogs to walk, husband to support, I had to prioritize)

i missed this place a lot though! This challenge I'm going super easy yet challenging enough to get me what I want! Energy, clarity, and joy.

Diet

5pts Journal what I've eaten

5pts Portion control!!! (One cookie vs. 4 cookies) 

workout

5pts HIIT bike

5pts Muscle workout (calisthenics) 

life

5pts write down what I've learned

5pts Read a page a day

I'm on my iPhone so I'm stopping here. I can't wait to see how I do and read everyone else's!! 

• Like 3

I like your scoring, though are you planning to hit a certain number of points or get a level increase for every hundred? 

And are you planning on doing both workouts every day? 

But welcome back to the Rebellion! Priorities are always hard, and congratulations on your life upgrade from stay at home to full time!

• Like 1

Thanks @IAmInfinite !  Not sure what I'm going to do. Normally I just grade myself but not sure what I'm going to do. Next time I'm on I'm going to figure out the math. 

Hiit on the bike and strength workouts will just be extra credit I think, this challenge I really want to focus on my diet cause I need my energy back. But I need to keep my strength, I built a good base this summer but all of September I didn't get to do much. 

Anywhos im doing good, besides today, I was making my sons birthday cake and I licked the bowl and spatula.... I only get it twice a year and I love the taste of batter... Is that weird?  

I worked out yesterday :) and my portions are doing good. I'll figure out the math later.

• Like 3

I used to hate it when mum scraped the bowl clean and put all the batter in the cake tin, leaving hardly any to lick off! Now I have to stop myself eating the whole lot haha.

• Like 1

Hi friend!

Batter is my favorite. Sometimes I stress bake just to eat the batter. Even if, when it's baked, I don't like it. Such a weird thing.

you are great! Excited to be a part of your transition period. My primary focus this challenge is also diet.

Are you liking your new job still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:08 PM, Owlet said:

I used to hate it when mum scraped the bowl clean and put all the batter in the cake tin, leaving hardly any to lick off! Now I have to stop myself eating the whole lot haha.

Ditto!  My mom would let us have the mixer from the electric mixer from time to time but it was always hard to get your tongue  in the cracks.  I have to stop myself as well, but I find myself just having one more lick, spoon full, dollop! Anything!!  I would seriously rather have the batter then the cake/cookies itself.

11 hours ago, durfette said:

Hi friend!

Batter is my favorite. Sometimes I stress bake just to eat the batter. Even if, when it's baked, I don't like it. Such a weird thing.

you are great! Excited to be a part of your transition period. My primary focus this challenge is also diet.

Are you liking your new job still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durfette!!  Ello! I'm glad your part of my transitioning :)  I'm loving my new job, but I'm still learning to balance my life. I have a bushel of apples in my basement just waiting for me to can.... 

My week is still going pretty good. Just haven't made anytime for reading. I have 2 manager books sitting next to me, and tomorrow I'm going to the library to pick up a fiction..  I need some fiction in my life.

still haven't done the math... Maybe Saturday???  I'm logging my goals though! Woot woot! ::raising the roof::

• Like 3

Ok, haven't done the math...  Really don't care. I just like looking at big numbers. But I can get a total of 25 points in a day, this includes one workout a day.  My workouts are very short and sweet this time around, working 45 hours a week and all.  I feel this challenge is keeping in calm, centered, and clear.

Week 3

• Monday: 20/25
    • Didn't log my food intake....
    • Workout, Climbed rope with daughter, push ups, and bicep curls with a tire.
    • my portions were awesome though.
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday:

• Like 2

Oh also!  This is a happy story.

Last challenge I was doing really well until my husband took over the top of my dresser to put the tv (I gave him the idea).  After the tv was there, I realized I had lost my little "space" where I put my calender, book, journal, and food log.  It was very depressing. We live in a 1000 sq. ft house.  We don't have a lot of space.  So I've been in search for a night stand.  I kept expressing to my husband how much I can't wait for my own little space again.

Well last week I worked in the monrning on Sunday and I came home and I came into our room and my husband took one of his shelves he uses for his clothes and put it on my side of the bed and put my journals and book on it.   It was super sweet and I was over joyed with happiness.  Now at night all my stuff is right next to my bed.  I can grab my journal and write what I've learned. and I can log my food.  I'm just so giddy about it.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Butternut said:

Oh also!  This is a happy story.

Last challenge I was doing really well until my husband took over the top of my dresser to put the tv (I gave him the idea).  After the tv was there, I realized I had lost my little "space" where I put my calender, book, journal, and food log.  It was very depressing. We live in a 1000 sq. ft house.  We don't have a lot of space.  So I've been in search for a night stand.  I kept expressing to my husband how much I can't wait for my own little space again.

Well last week I worked in the monrning on Sunday and I came home and I came into our room and my husband took one of his shelves he uses for his clothes and put it on my side of the bed and put my journals and book on it.   It was super sweet and I was over joyed with happiness.  Now at night all my stuff is right next to my bed.  I can grab my journal and write what I've learned. and I can log my food.  I'm just so giddy about it.

How sweet!

• Like 1

On October 11, 2016 at 10:07 PM, deathbyshiny said:

I just found this! :o I hope getting some space back will help give you a sense of balance! It's always awesome to have a little bit to yourself, even if it's just a little! :D

Yes. I had my little ritual of writing and seeing my goals on paper every night before bed, now it's right next to my bed :D 

Monday: 20/25
Didn't log my food intake....
Workout, Climbed rope with daughter, push ups, and bicep curls with a tire.
my portions were awesome though.
Tuesday: 25/25
Wednesday:25/25
Thursday:20/25

I'm really happy with myself. That's all I got to say ^_^ 
Friday:
Saturday:

• Like 4

On 10/11/2016 at 7:10 AM, Butternut said:

Ok, haven't done the math...  Really don't care.

I genuinely like this attitude. I find myself caring less about the actual "grades" on these challenges. I think it's great that you're feeling happy with yourself and your progress on your quests. Great job!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EternalJourno said:

I genuinely like this attitude. I find myself caring less about the actual "grades" on these challenges. I think it's great that you're feeling happy with yourself and your progress on your quests. Great job!

Thanks Pal.

Numbers help me but when I can't get to them I beat myself up for not making the numbers. I think my personality needs flexibility. 

• Like 1

Monday: 20/25
Didn't log my food intake....
Workout, Climbed rope with daughter, push ups, and bicep curls with a tire.
my portions were awesome though.
Tuesday: 25/25
Wednesday:25/25
Thursday:20/25

I'm really happy with myself. That's all I got to say ^_^ 
Friday: 15/25

No workout, no food log
Saturday: 15/25

No Workout, drank a lot of tasty wine

Sunday:

Next challenge I really want to get into muscle building.  My co-worker told me of a place that's reasonably priced and its 24 hours and you get an access code.  I'd be able to go before work at  5:30 am with power squats or 1:30pm for a full body workout. I'm working with my schedule that maybe I'd be able to do something like that.

The same guy today just kept talking about working out with weights and it just made me yearn for working out.  I love biking with a passion, but I love muscle building. 

This challenge is nice bescause its giving me confidence, a bit of a challenge to focus, and clarity.  But I'm ready to make some improvements and to do something I enjoy.

• Like 4

what I've learned from this challenge:

Welp it was a lot harder to work out, play with kids, be a wife, work 50 hours a week, and focus on my mind.  

i didn't keep up with my journaling, i averaged working out 3 times a week, and I've lost an inch to my waist ( not sure if this is due to stress or my control on pprtions and not eating as much meat) 

overall i need strategy for next challenge... More simple but gets to the point. 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2016 at 5:25 PM, Butternut said:

I've lost an inch to my waist ( not sure if this is due to stress or my control on pprtions and not eating as much meat) 

Either way, sounds like a win! lol. Good job this challenge! I agree that a strategy, even a simple one, always helps. 

• Like 1