Artists unite for Oktober

Hi there my lovely NF artists,

We don't have a LOFT yet and I was suddenly reminded that it was already Oktober and I hadn't done any sketches in ink. But I think Inktober isn't the right thing for me anyway. I'm just not consistent enough to draw something every day and also a little too busy. But I would like to do a little challenge with you, that would make me be more artsy then last month. So here is my proposal:

Let's try to post 31 pieces of art, that were finished this Oktober.

I don't mind, what materials you want to use. In the spirit of the Loft it can be crafts, drawings, paintings, sculpting, traditional and digital art - And of course anything artsy I couldn't think of at the moment. Just have some fun and challenge yourself to do a little more art then last month. If you haven't done any art for months, but want to get back into the creative prozess, you're right here.

I'm going to mark this post for the guys and gals, who have been hanging around the Loft:

@erosan, @BlackTezca, @Starpuck, @UnquietBones, @MrsFeanor, @Neeko, @Kelliestrasza, @StarRuby, @Pyrorazor

If you know anybody else, who could be intrested, just give them a call. It's already the 3rd of Oktober, so the challenge already started. And I wasn't sure, if I should have posted it in the PVP forum, because it's more co-op.

• Like 3

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Yeah I didn't put up a Loft yet due to outside life really kicking my ass last week!  Thank you for putting this up and while I did miss the first three days of October I think I can try to do some artwork for the 31 days of October!  Count me in :D

• Like 2

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Hah, I am up for that battle!! :D Mostly because I already have a whole bunch of works-in-progress and I'm always trying to motivate myself to finish them off. :lol:

Live-from-the-Workbench-09-29-2016.jpg

• Like 2

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

9 hours ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

I really like this idea. I'm nervous to commit to something so grand. I'm not much of an artist but could certainly use the practice. I'm down to give this challenge a try :) 

I felt the same way. "big" daily challenges just intimidate me and then I never start or just stop in the middle. I'm glad you like the idea.

In fact I'm happy to have you all here =)

• Like 1

STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

First little ink thing.  All black and white and pretty much no eraser no undo.  Experimented with use texture and big blots for shape and shading and gonna do a bit of a Hallowen theme for these :D

inktober1_by_artisticallystrange-dajxinv

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Very nice. The proportions are a little unnatural, but that just makes it look more ghostly.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Challenge accepted! We can treat this like all those games where you have to beat the game or else the world explodes. 

DON'T LET THE WORLD EXPLODE! 

• Like 1

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

On 10/3/2016 at 10:02 PM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Very nice. The proportions are a little unnatural, but that just makes it look more ghostly.

Hehe I wanted him to look a bit unnatural and pretty much just use brush splatters to form his shape.  An experiment.

I have number 2 ready to go:

inktober2_by_artisticallystrange-dak1gbv.jpg

This one was pretty tough to do in a short amount of time (I think about an hour and a half for this) and I experimented a lot.  But I had a ton of fun with her eyes and doing that 'Vogue'/Utena look in this art.

Spoiler

---

---

---

Number 3 is done and is a Companion to Wrath, though I think I'll go ahead and do similar images for the remaining sins (This one is LustSloth, Gluttony, PrideEnvy, and Greed).  Anywho, check out Lust!

inktober3_by_artisticallystrange-dak5qta.jpg

Another very fun one!  Love how the hair came out!  And the eyes were a ton of fun :)

Spoiler

---

---

---

Forgot to post this from Thursday!!

inktober4_by_artisticallystrange-dak9aij.jpg

Here is SLOTH!!!  The most weak, sickly, and apathetic sin :D

Spoiler

---

---

---

I have two more pieces to show off for Inktober!  Here is the adorable Gluttony:

Inktober 5: Gluttony by artisticallystrange

And the not so adorable, somewhat unsettling creepy Envy:

inktober6_by_artisticallystrange-daktlb6.jpg

Spoiler

---

---

---

15 hours ago, Pyrorazor said:

Wow I'm super late to this game on the account of me having to use a public computer for awhile, but I'll definitely jump in with a few drawings. Midterms are coming up so I'm a little busy with studying. However there is no time like the present :D

Indeed!  Nothing like the present and I am interested in see what beautiful arts people add here :D

Pride is complete!

inktober7_by_artisticallystrange-dakxkjq.jpg

One more sin to go!

Spoiler

---

---

---

@BlackTezca beautiful. Thanks for working so much in advance. ^^

I drew another birthday card, but somehow I had trouble getting the pictures from my phone. I'll try again later. So for now I'm going to show you a cool interview I found on deviantArt.

• Like 1

Spoiler

07_10_by_katenet87-dal1sge.jpg

So here my first aquarell for Oktober. I really like how it turned out. Drew the card for a friend last week.

• Like 1

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

07_10_by_katenet87-dal1sge.jpg

So here my first aquarell for Oktober. I really like how it turned out. Drew the card for a friend last week.

That's awesome!  Love the shading here and the very clean, barely visible lines!  Awesome!

The final sin, Greed, seems to approve, maybe:

Inktober 8: Greed by artisticallystrange

He's a curmudgeon

Spoiler

---

---

---

I at least did something creative today. Made an autum decoration for the table. I'm not sure if I want to but a pumpkin or a candle in the middle.

I'll try to take a better picture tomorrow.

IMG_1618.JPG

• Like 1

Spoiler

Did another 'Inktober' style piece.  This time of Undyne the Undying:

inktober9_by_artisticallystrange-dalhvd0

God this is fun.

Spoiler

---

---

---

We still have ten days left for this one ^^

Spoiler

Well got another one for yas!  Hotaru Tomoe from Sailor Moon:

inktober11_by_artisticallystrange-dalsqw8.jpg

UGH!  Just noticed some errors.  May fix that tonight before working on the next piece.

Spoiler

---

---

---

Also finally have some footage up of my models!  You can hear me speak in this video (before it segways to the hubs) but yeah!  6 painted stealth suits!

Spoiler

---

---

---

Final one for the past challenge:

inktober12_by_artisticallystrange-dam9og2.jpg

Spoiler

---

---

---

tumblr_og5mr2Xfkl1ubxgodo4_1280.jpg

Two sketches I drew at the end of Oktober.

Spoiler