Rosie's Riveter Makes History

Feeling:

il_340x270.659969256_hmyv.jpg

I lied, I'm not actually feeling like I can do it; however, I don't want this battle log to begin on a depressing note. I just finished writing my Big Why (in bullet points, because that's how I think) and I thought I'd share. I think I went deep enough with these as Steve suggests.

Why am I focusing on fitness and healthy living? Why did I spend money to be in the Academy?

1. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror, see all the hard work I’ve done, and feel proud.

2. I want to always be able to sit on the floor without it being a struggle to get up and down.

3. I especially, and even most importantly, want to be an advocate for animals by showing people that you can be a healthy, strong vegan.

My main quest right now is to work on both my physical (get strong) and mental health (get happy :)). So here are the 5 measurable ways in which I've chosen to get there.  

1. I will move to Seattle by November 1st.

2. I will run The CAT Running 5K on Saturday October 15th.

3. I will run The Black Cat 5-mile run on Saturday October 22nd.

4. I will go to a concert by myself.

5. I will eat 1 vegetable a day.

LOOT: For completing all 5 of my measurable goals by November 1st I will get to go to Goodwill and find 2 small things for my apartment. 

So there we have it folx. I will try to update every day and will also try to keep this as light-hearted as possible. Even though I'm feeling pretty shitty at the moment. Not to end on a bad note, I know things will get better. I will get stronger and healthier. I CAN do it!

• Like 2

Feeling:

homer-crosses-fingers.jpg

So, I may have secured an apartment in Seattle. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up because I've been burned so many times on this journey already. I will know for sure by Thursday mid afternoon. That's one thing I can cross off my list. And it's a big quest I made for myself in the Academy, because for the last 6 months I've been looking for housing. 

I need to get outside and run my C25K run today...but it's so cold :( I will definitely do it, I'll just be whimpering the whole way. Which reminds me I need to register for the run. I already requested the day off from work. I'm really excited for the 5 mile run because it's a Halloween one where you dress up. I think I'm going to be Super Girl :P

I think that's all my news. Right now not a whole lot of things are happening. Life will pick up when I move and when I start tidying my things and decorate (that's what I'm really looking forward to!) 

• Like 2

So exciting!!!!!!! Here's hoping it's a go!

• Like 1

Feeling: 

tumblr_lvvlskz7UH1qhansmo1_500.gif

4 a.m. and BOOM. Body says it's time to wake up. So, I moseyed on over to Starbucks which, thank the universe, was open at that hour. And now I've been browsing Ikea and pinterest like there's no tomorrow. I'm a little frustrated that I'm letting myself get so excited about this apartment and it hasn't technically happened yet. 

I registered for the CAT running 5K so I'm all set there. I ran 2 miles yesterday and today it will be 2.5. I'm gonna smash this one! 

So, eating vegetable soup and a kale/carrot burger...do those count as eating a veggie a day? If so, I'm rockin' it. I'm just having a hard time saying "time for a veggie...let me snack on some carrots!!!" 

Another one of my quests is to go to a concert by myself. The Julie Ruin is playing on the 8th and I doubt I can get any of my friends to rock out to a riot grrrl show. So...*big gulp of air* this may be the concert I go to alone this month. I'm so nervous! 

Well...here's to surviving the day on a few hours of sleep. Tomorrow starts my weekend! 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

So, eating vegetable soup and a kale/carrot burger...do those count as eating a veggie a day? If so, I'm rockin' it. I'm just having a hard time saying "time for a veggie...let me snack on some carrots!!!" 

In my book, yeah, totally! (I also have a really hard time just snacking on raw veggies, even when I have hummus to go with it. And I think I burnt myself out on salad. <_<)

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

On 10/5/2016 at 11:59 AM, zeroh13 said:

In my book, yeah, totally! (I also have a really hard time just snacking on raw veggies, even when I have hummus to go with it. And I think I burnt myself out on salad. <_<)

Good, I'm counting it then :P I've decided I do like kale salads though and they do last longer than typical salads wilting wise. I might be able to "snack" on a salad like that...salad as a snack though still isn't my favorite option! 

• Like 1

Feeling:

giphy.gif

GOT THE APARTMENT!!! Levelin' up my life like never before! 

I'm pretty stoked to be back in the city!

spoiler for picture size...it's massive.

Meandseattle.jpg

Sorry about the size on this, but on the left is me 4 years ago getting my first Seattle Apartment. I then moved in with my then girlfriend to a city I hated, into a toxic relationship. I got engaged, we got pregnant, we miscarried, we broke up....and here...Here on the right is me surviving all the heartbreak, tears, and pain. I have made it back to where I feel a sense of belonging and it feels so wonderful it actually made me cry. Here's to livin' life!

In other news, I have several things I need to get done today. Here's my list that will interest no one but me, but is necessary for me to type out. 

-go for a run (1 hour including warm up and cool down)

-laundry (30 min throughout the day)

-tidy up clothes (2 hours)

-read (1 hour)

-finish work training video (30 min)

-make work binder (2 hours max)

Also had cauliflower mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy from VeggieGrill last night...veggie win :) I am killin' my own little mini challenges this week. 

• Like 2

Oh I'm so happy for you! Look at you, you're just glowing!!!! :D:D:D Congratulations!!!! I hope this is the start of something amazing. Also so second on cauliflower mash :o I could go for some of that right now....

• Like 1
21 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

AWESOME!

(I really should not visit this thread when I'm hungry XD)

20 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Oh I'm so happy for you! Look at you, you're just glowing!!!! :D:D:D Congratulations!!!! I hope this is the start of something amazing. Also so second on cauliflower mash :o I could go for some of that right now....

Thanks you two! The cauliflower mash was pretty tasty indeed. I should make some at home for sure. 

• Like 2

Feeling:

leslie-knope-smiley.gif?w=650

Still riding the apartment high :) Though today I've got the nerves going. This always happens before work. Once I get there I'm fine. It's like this build up of anxiety that I wish would just go away.

Anywhoo. I completed almost everything on my list. I've been reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, so yesterday I went through all my clothes. I have a huge pile for goodwill now. It makes me feel so good to get rid of things. I wish I didn't have so much. 

Also....tonight...I attempt my other quest. Going to a concert alone. I've really wanted to see The Julie Ruin for awhile now. I didn't even bother asking my friends because I'm 100% sure they would have said "no". Not everyone likes punk music...especially my friends. So, I've purchased tickets...no backing out now.

Running is going well. My 5k is next weekend. Nervous about that too. 

So, I'd say I'm making pretty good progress on my quests so far. I feel like I'm learning to set mini goals and just to start small. Once I get that part figured out I will be ready to participate in a challenge. Right now, this battle log is working for me. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

How is that book? I might need to pick up a copy.

Have fun at the concert! :)

The book is really good...though it gets a bit tedious when it starts telling you how best to fold your underwear :P I have both the regular book and a more detailed version...both are good but I'd recommend the regular one first. 

• Like 1

Feeling:

tired-cat.gif

Pretty exhausted today. I tried going to that concert. Tried. And failed. And it wasn't even because I was scared. Apparently there are 2 venues with almost the exact same name and I showed up to the other one as of course only I would do. I would have gone on the hunt for the other one but it had already been a struggle getting to the first. It was super dark and down pouring and I still don't know Seattle all that well. So I skipped it. I'm bummed because I really wanted to see that band. So I was out late and I didn't even get anything good out of it :( 

In between work and attempting to go to the concert, I stopped by a vegan cafe and got some dinner. I will not mention the details of said dinner for fear that everyone will be soooo jealous of it's goodness :P Then I stopped at the apartment to eat. It's weird to eat in just a room (can't remember if I mentioned it's a micro studio?) without napkins, utensils (I ate with my hands...very primal like) ya know....the necessities. But it all worked out. I did start freaking out about how scary it is going to be living by myself. Didn't think about about that until I sat in there alone. 

Anyways, life will be good. I'm still going to attempt a concert by November 1st. We will see what I can find. 

• Like 1

I remember going to prom, the driver took us to the wrong hotel, where they were having someone else's prom. So you aren't the only one to confuse similarly named places.

I think once you've settled in and furnished and decorated the place it will feel a bit less weird and more homey. And the initial weirdness of living in a new place will pass too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I remember going to prom, the driver took us to the wrong hotel, where they were having someone else's prom. So you aren't the only one to confuse similarly named places.

I think once you've settled in and furnished and decorated the place it will feel a bit less weird and more homey. And the initial weirdness of living in a new place will pass too.

Oh my gosh did you make it to prom eventually?

My bed should be coming in the mail Wednesday and I know even that will drastically change the feel of the place!

Feeling:

0edf417d21e2e95e423b6d620f51828c.jpg

Happy Monday? It's going to be busy at work, which stresses me out. Yesterday was 4 full hours of straight on heart pounding. I got a text last night that one of our assistants was fired. I'm so sad because she was one of the rare few who was nice to me and helped me out. Blah, another reason today will be stressful.

Anyways, I seem to have slowed a bit in my progress. Running hasn't happened in the last couple of days because I haven't been home early enough from work. I should be able to finish the C25K though by Friday and the race is on Saturday. 

Veggies are hit or miss. Some days I reach that goal, others I don't. Starting November 1st, I'm going to start tracking my food for a week. It's an academy quest and one I really want to do anyways. 

I almost forgot to mention that yesterday I got together with a friend who I hadn't seen in months. He said I looked like I'd lost some weight. While I absolutely loved hearing that, I know it's both not true and I shouldn't be losing weight. That was the reason I came here, to get my mind out of the disordered eating food patterns and now I'm all like "well yes! I am losing weight!" when really I should be all "man, I wish I was gaining some muscle here" *sigh* I will get the hang of this eventually. 

5 hours ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

Oh my gosh did you make it to prom eventually?

My bed should be coming in the mail Wednesday and I know even that will drastically change the feel of the place!

Yeah. But if we hadn't already paid so much for prom, we would of gone to a Dresden Dolls concert instead, which in hindsight would of been way more fun.

5 hours ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

I almost forgot to mention that yesterday I got together with a friend who I hadn't seen in months. He said I looked like I'd lost some weight. While I absolutely loved hearing that, I know it's both not true and I shouldn't be losing weight. That was the reason I came here, to get my mind out of the disordered eating food patterns and now I'm all like "well yes! I am losing weight!" when really I should be all "man, I wish I was gaining some muscle here" *sigh* I will get the hang of this eventually. 

I have that problem too. And add on me thinking, "wait, does that mean (you think) I need(ed) to lose weight?"

19 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Yeah. But if we hadn't already paid so much for prom, we would of gone to a Dresden Dolls concert instead, which in hindsight would of been way more fun.

I have that problem too. And add on me thinking, "wait, does that mean (you think) I need(ed) to lose weight?"

Dresden Dolls would have been awesome! And yes! I was thinking that too...like man I must have been large before because I feel large now. And did everyone think this or just him? Oh man I can spin in circles on that topic!

Feeling:

raw

Weird and nervous I guess? My run is on Saturday and I don't feel very prepared, though I probably am. I already know I can run 3 miles without stopping. I just really want to be under 30 min. 

I don't have much to report for today or yesterday....pretty typical days. I don't have much going on in my schedule after work. Watch some Netflix and smoke some weed....I know this is such a bad habit to be in. It's just a good way to relax after a long day. It is something I'd like to cut back on. That will be a quest soon I'm sure. 

Feeling:

tumblr_o4cgjjzc7a1qbvy0ro1_500.gif

You got it...it's raining. We are suppose to have this huge storm and this is the beginning of it. I will not let the rain ruin my schedule. I have lots to do. Sorry this battle log has been more about my mental health struggles and daily life and not more about my health and quests. Let's change that:

I can not find a concert I want to go to, so I may not complete that quest by November. 

My run is in 2 days...the point the storm is suppose to hit the hardest...I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Veggies have been non existent, along with any real food to be honest. Struggling in that department big time. 

I've convinced my brother to run the 5 mile race with me in a couple weeks so I'm excited I won't have to run that one alone. It's a Halloween night run so I was a little nervous about that.

I think that covers it for quests. My list of things to do today consists of:

-clean out my car (in the rain...yuck)

-laundry

-clean the kitchen

-clean my room and clean litter box

-vaccum 

-fold clothes and get ready for move

-shop for a shower curtain

Woohoo look at me living my exciting life :P