My third kid is due this week... another girl! 

I've been reading Nerd Fitness for a couple years. I'm still in my twenties, and as a dad I know that if I don't battle for my fitness now, it'll be a much more difficult uphill battle if I start later on in my 30s or 40s. I've got a pair of dumbbells, a barbell, and a swimming pool. Anybody else out there been in a similar situation and has seen success? I'm looking for like a group of fitness pin pals.

I'm new to the boards, so you should know the nerdiest thing about me is probably my ocarina. I bought it earlier this year at a street market. After looking at if for a while I asked the guy if he could play something on it. You guessed it. He played Sarai's song from Zelda, the Ocarina of Time. Classic! Instant buy! Haven't regretted it once.

Alright, so who wants to help me get started with some dad lifts? I'll try not to disappoint. Post with your tips or join the adventure with a pledge that you want to not just be a nerdy mom or dad, but a fit one!

For the Rebellion!

Sandy_Romans12.2

อย่าทำตามอย่างคนในโลกนี้ แต่ยอมให้พระเจ้าเปลี่ยนแปลงพวกคุณ คือพระองค์ให้จิตใจใหม่กับคุณเพื่อจะได้รู้ว่าพระเจ้าต้องการอะไร จะได้รู้ว่าอะไรดี อะไรเป็นที่พอใจของพระองค์ และอะไรที่สมบูรณ์แบบ

She's born! She's healthy! She's wonderful!

And I've been doing some lifting. Really, and not just lifting my other two kids. Here's what I've been up to.

I've got 2 dumbbells and a barbell. I don't even know how much they weigh exactly, but I'm using supersets with three sets of about 12. The lifts I am currently practicing are:

Dumbells

Curls (for the girls*...)

Standing Tricep Extensions.

One-legged "Good Mornings" (like I'm a pirate... arrrg!)

Barbells
Hang Cleans w/ shoulder press
Dead Lifts

Other

Push ups

So, any dads out there squeezing weight lifting into your full family lives? Let me hear about it, what lifts you do, how you make the time, and how you stay motivated. Non-dads are welcome to the conversation, because most non-dads are future dads! By posting your input in this thread you are encouraging and motivating me and other Nerd-Fitness dads to go the extra mile and live healthier lives.

*by "girls" I mean my wife and 2 daughters!

(*) used for marking any and all Dad Jokes

• Like 1

อย่าทำตามอย่างคนในโลกนี้ แต่ยอมให้พระเจ้าเปลี่ยนแปลงพวกคุณ คือพระองค์ให้จิตใจใหม่กับคุณเพื่อจะได้รู้ว่าพระเจ้าต้องการอะไร จะได้รู้ว่าอะไรดี อะไรเป็นที่พอใจของพระองค์ และอะไรที่สมบูรณ์แบบ

Hi! I'm a mum to two girls :) congratulations on your 3! I have pretty much a whole gym in our garage. Me and my husband go down there when the kids are asleep and do workouts...we mainly have done heavy weights (e.g. StrongLifts programme) because it's non complicated (easy to remember what to do even when sleep deprived) effective and can be done within about 45 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, congrats on the birth of your third.

And yes I do, 2x a week. I stick to the basic compound lifts, squats, deadlifts, overhead press and bench, some accessories, pull-ups, dips and some ab work.  I sprint 2x a week and 4x a week I do some kettlebell work.

Now I realise that I am lucky in that my kids are at daycare/school and I work afternoons so I can get the work done in the morning. I use 5/3/1 as a basic template and it has worked wonders for my athleticism and strength.

Level 12 Warrior - not sure how that happened

Battlelog: Kanaman Lifts Things

Epic Quests: Kanaman's Epic Quest of Awesome Epicness