I started Nerd Fitness in June and was doing well up until the beginning of August, at which point I got derailed.  I went to Minnesota for a week and got Lyme Disease from a tick bite I didn't even know I had.  I grew up going to my family's cabin in north-central Minnesota and I've had plenty of mosquito and tick bites but never got sick.  Lyme disease is A-W-F-U-L.  To make a long story short, after I got diagnosed properly (that took 2 weeks) it then took me another six weeks to get through the antibiotics and get to a point that I feel like I have enough energy to do a strength training.  I'm super hyped with the new launch of updated bodyweight workouts (I'm not at the point of using the new ones yet) and really want to restart here in October for the Bodyweight Workout Month.

The problem is having time available.  I've had to take a second job to make ends meet in September and I am trying to find a new job that will pay enough to live on by itself, but nothing so far.  So, I work A LOT and don't have much time for bodyweight workouts (which I prefer to do in my home), BUT I DO have time to do it.  It's just tight.

Therefore, I am telling you all that I am making a commitment to start bodyweight training again and GET IT DONE!  Here is my plan: 

• Wednesday evening from 5:30 to 6:15 PM, then eat dinner with my son who lives with me;
  • Friday from 7:00 to 7:45 PM, which is when my kids get back from their mom's house and are with me for the weekend; and
  • Sunday evening from 7:00 to 7:45 PM, after my kids go back to their mom's (my son who lives with me can drive them to their mom's).  So I DO have time to workout, in spite of how it feels.

It feels like I have NO time and ZERO money...both are lies in my head.  I am becoming the kind of guy who sees reality and works with that, rather than cower at shadows dancing around in my mind.

This is my reset after an illness which knocked me off the horse...this is me getting back on the horse and not letting go!

• Like 1

This is me living and leveling up one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as a pathway to peace and health.  Rawr.

- Mawnstroe -

Level 6 Warrior

Mawnstroe's Battlelog

M's Food Diary

M's Blog