Mini Quest: Br0din presents The Battle Cry

Br0din

Bro's and SwoleMaidens,

We Warriors have a little bit of a reputation of being a little isolated from the rest of Nerd fitness guilds.  We know what we like to do, put our earbuds in, listen to loud music, make ugly faces and loud grunts as be bang our heavy ass weights around.  Talking to others is verboten.  But are you getting the most out of your workouts?  Are there things the other guilds do that maybe help you recover? fix deficiencies? change the monotony of your workout?  Maybe increase your conditioning?

This Challenge period,  I challenge you to try something new.  I want you to look at all the other guild's mini-challenges are participate.  Make new friends, learn new skills, maybe...  just maybe you'll do some cardio.

Adventures have Mario Cart Games

Assassin's are playing Sonic the Hedgehog

Or do "Conditioning" with the rangers

Then come back here and tell us how much fun you had, or (unlikely,) how much you hated it.  Now, go forth and show these other guilds how awesome Warriors are.

You will keep all the loot you achieve in these quests plus 1 point for wisdom when you complete a challenge.  

• Like 3

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

If the other Guilds post a challenge, you are welcome to do those too.  

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

Well... I'm already doing cardio everyday... maybe I'll head on over

• Like 1

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

On it: Ranger mini.

Last week I clocked in 15mi with various rucks from 10# - 20#

This week I'm getting my shit together to be fluid on the wooden dummy again for the combat challenge, also working with long staff and punch conditioning. 

• Like 2

I rarely participate in our own minis! And now you want me to socialize with other guilds! *shudder* ;)

• Like 4

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

20 hours ago, Br0din said:

some cardio.

I accidently did 6  deadlifts at 167.5kgs on Tuesday.  Because it's more than 5, it's cardio.  

I'm done with cardio for the rest of the month

• Like 11

PB's: 5RM Squat 155kg;  5RM Bench  92.5kg; 1RM Deadlift 187.5kg; C&J 90kg; Snatch 70kg

"It takes zero talent to get stronger and in shape" - Jim Wendler

Si vis pacem, para bellum

20 hours ago, Lazyrus said:

I accidently did 6  deadlifts at 167.5kgs on Tuesday.  Because it's more than 5, it's cardio.  

I'm done with cardio for the rest of the month

Image result for crush totally

• Like 3

Wheymen

I promise there is more than "just cardio" coming with the Ranger mini.  Might be something Warrior-friendly coming.

I have an "in" with a guy who knows a guy who knows the guy who does the planning.  ;)

• Like 4

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

29 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

So...should I wait to sign up until this cardio foolishness is over? :highly_amused:

Rumor has it next week will be more Warrior friendly.  ;)

• Like 2

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

7 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

So, week 1 hapenned to coincide with burning out on my lifting program and needing to clear my head in the mountains... week 2 started right after an invigorating Kung Fu workshop... week 3 goes along with me starting a new lifting program. Any clues as to what sea changes my life will be taking next week? :P 

(Is knowing the future burdensome at times?)

PGdpbes.gif

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

So, week 1 hapenned to coincide with burning out on my lifting program and needing to clear my head in the mountains... week 2 started right after an invigorating Kung Fu workshop... week 3 goes along with me starting a new lifting program. Any clues as to what sea changes my life will be taking next week? :P 

(Is knowing the future burdensome at times?)

It might coincide perfectly with whatever plans you already have, so I would go into Week 3 with the intent to start that new lifting program.

• Like 3

Just now, Rurik Harrgath said:

It might coincide perfectly with whatever plans you already have, so I would go into Week 3 with the intent to start that new lifting program.

Immediate plans are quite concrete... I'm more concerned about week 4! Will the new puppet factory job require unexpected combination of dexterity and strength? Will a long lost twin return with hilarious results? Will Erica wake up from her coma to discover that Chance has left her for her mother's aunt's niece's horse's jockey??? GAH. I'm tired just thinking about it :P 

WvJgVtL.gif

• Like 3

I make no promises for Week 4.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I make no promises for Week 4.

It's easier to act surprised if I actually am. 

*runs screaming from the creepy puppets

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

IF you're planning it, then it must be Warrior friendly. 

We all know you're secretly a warrior at heart despite your ranger exterior.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

4 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

IF you're planning it, then it must be Warrior friendly. 

We all know you're secretly a warrior at heart despite your ranger exterior.

Tank keeps me centered, but I've always thought the cloak is flattering to my shoulders.  ;)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Volki said:

So how is everyone doing with the minis?

The Ranger mini this week pretty much let's you earn points for the lifting you were already going to be doing :)

Oh you know, keepin on. I gave myself shit over the combat challenge last week, so this week I'm not gonna stress it - just logging what I can remember and calling it a day :D 

• Like 2
Just now, Volki said:

Yeah that's how I do it too :)

Minis are for fun, not for extra stress. 

Where were you to tell me that last week? :P LOL 

DULY NOTED hehe

• Like 1