Kristy’s Reboot aka Operation Scalloped print Dress

So it’s been a few years since I last engaged with this site, but after some blunt conversations with myself I’ve come back more determined than ever to overhaul my lifestyle, diet and habits with a complete reboot!

My goal – to fit back into my scalloped print dress!

So a little background about me:

• ·       Age – 32

• ·         Height – 157 cm

• ·         Weight – 70kgish??

So a few years back when I came to this site I was struggling to build on my strength training. I was enjoying Olympic lifting, but struggling with my diet which was and still is pretty limited (carnivore/ sugarwhore). I loathed running and avoided it at all costs.

So fast forward to today and it’s a complete reversal – I’ve scarcely lifted a bar in two years and recently taken up running! But my diet is still a big sticking point, and after two years of lifting zero I’ve lost any muscle I did have which carries me through to the dress. The last time this dress fit me was November last year when I brought it and it looked perfect and oh so flattering! But not anymore and I’ve got a closet full of many more similar stories.

The last time I was seriously attending the gym, I was at my best (OH Squat 50kg, Clean 50kg and front and back squat 60kg, deadlift 70kg, snatch 50kg). Compare this too last month when I signed up again and begun the starting strength program was a huge shock!

I would really like to be able to build back up to where I left off in my lifting, I used to get a real satisfaction out of it as well as incorporate some running into my schedule. I only recently got into running earlier this year, and while I call it running – my stride isn’t much faster than a quick walk. In fact its real slow, but for me each run is an accomplishment because it’s something that I thought I would never ever do!

Challenges:

Magpie season is real. I haven’t had any real issues on my runs just yet, but the season has only just begun and I’m on high alert, seeing them everywhere.

Mindset. This is one of my biggest weaknesses and has held me back from a lot of things. When I’m running I try telling myself to build the momentum at the foot of hills and focus on controlling my breathing, but sometimes its hard work just telling myself to keep going. So hopefully by holding myself accountable to this blog, I’ll be able to slowly but surely build back up a routine and cement new habits and a whole new outlook.

Diet. I guess this one goes hand in hand with mindset, but it deserves its own mentioning. I currently eat sugar without even thinking, its the first thing I reach for and sometimes I’ll have eaten a whole block of chocolate (200gm) mindlessly. I also have some pretty weird phobias when it comes to the smell and texture of a lot of foods. I’ve looked into SED and while I don’t think I’m full blown like that I do recognise I’m picky and need to work on eating more greens, vegetables and variety so I’ll be looking for some great tips on how to introduce new foods and your favourite recipes.

Today In Review

Diet – So for breakfast I ate half a cup of sultanas at work, followed by a ham and cheese toasted sandwich and chocolate jam donut at lunch and half a packet of red frogs for afternoon tea. I then had 6 mini steamed dim sims while I waited for dinner to cook (I was staving after my run!) as well as roasted potato, pumpkin and zucchini with left over roast pork. Mind you, in full disclosure the zucchini was burnt to a crisp, as was the pumpkin as they were cut to a quarter of the size of the potato. This is a fairly typical day for me, although its much improved since I’ve banned myself from buying chocolate now at work.

Exercise - 9km run after work. This is a long distance for me but it was a fairly flat and easy track.

The dress – ok so I don’t plan to post on this all that often, may be monthly until I start to see some progress. But currently that zip ain’t going up much higher than 1/3 of the back!

Note: Due to my limited technical abilities I haven't been able to upload any photos, screen shots or memes as they were all over 2MB!?? Not sure if anyone can offer me any advice? 

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!†–Audrey Hepburn

Well focussing on the positives of today, I tried baby cucumber and yellow capsicum when I was offered a piece  from a colleague and I didn't hate it! The taste wasn't great, and it repeated on me all afternoon but I got past my irrational fear of trying something new and perceptions.  I'm so stoked! I even picked up some cucumber tonight now to take to work tomorrow.  Yeeeew! ☺ 

So I'm thinking of making these posts into quick weekly updates, focussing on positive reinforcements! 

So in the last week since my 9km burst of energy I've managed two 5km runs and 1 gym session, the later of which took 3 full days of DOMS to recover from! 

The weather here has been sensational though, so that's helped a tremendous amount as does daylight savings! It's still light  enough to be running up to 7pm at night which is great, since I am so not a morning person! A group of my friends are also just getting into running so we're going to try and catch up regularly after work for a run which sounds positive ☺ 

On the food front I'm still not winning any battles and fueling my body any better, but at least I'm no longer picking the cucumber out of things either. Lots of baby steps still to go!