For about 6 months I was hardcore Nerd Fitness, leveling up, working out, improving my life, and all that jazz. Then somehow it all faded away without me noticing. And here I am several months later realizing that I'm no longer working out or leveling up. It snuck up on me! There wasn't one thing that made me stop, it was a slow slide back into my old life. Which is more sinister than a sudden drop in activity. 

But I'm ready to jump back in! And this time there won't be a learning curve because I've already immersed myself in NF once before! I'm going to do a 30-day challenge to kickstart my respawn. I will get up at 7am every day and do something physical by 8:30am. Some days this will be a full bodyweight workout, other days it'll be a walk around the neighborhood. 

• Like 1

I'm glad you're commiting to being more serious about it too! How are you starting? 

I did get up at 7ish this morning, though I snoozed much longer than I'd like (about 20 minutes). I hope that if I stick to this routine that waking up at 7 will start to happen naturally. 

My exercise today was a walk around the neighborhood and lunges. I kept it light because I'm recovering from a shoulder injury and still need another week of recovery until I can start really getting back into the bodyweight routines. But as long as I'm getting up and moving, then I'm back on the right path! 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:20 PM, clarkkent said:

I don't know that song. Is that a song people know?

Hehe. Depends on your age and other life history traits, I suppose, where you have lived, radio stations your friends listen to, stuff like that.  Does fit the theme of your opening post though!

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}

On 10/8/2016 at 9:20 PM, clarkkent said:

I don't know that song. Is that a song people know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh man, your comment makes me feel super old...  that was one of my favorite songs back in high school (in the 80s).

If you want a little more structure to your do "something physical" in the morning check out Darebee, they've got loads of 30 day challenges that can be done just about anywhere! 

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

So, you gotta be careful making people feel old, clarkkent - we might just gang up on you and hijack your thread!

Speaking of which...

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:16 PM, clarkkent said:

I'm ready to jump back in! And this time there won't be a learning curve because I've already immersed myself in NF once before! I'm going to do a 30-day challenge to kickstart my respawn. I will get up at 7am every day and do something physical by 8:30am. Some days this will be a full bodyweight workout, other days it'll be a walk around the neighborhood. 

How is it going?

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}

Saw your post, and I am right there with you. I was kicking ass for over a year, and then boom...I looked up and eveything was in reverse. I'm getting my respawn on as well. Ill be cheering you on.

• Like 1

Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt