Ladies... need advice

So a little update... we've been talking a little more and more but only on the nights we meet up. He did email me this morning but he emailed the entire group. Do I use this as an opportunity to email him back? Or just wait til Tuesday? I can't help but to feel like I'm waaaay over analyzing the whole thing. :Bangs head on wall:

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Wake Your Dreams...

Email him !!! What did the email say ? mention something in the email and then mention someting personal . Like how his weekend was or how that thing at work is going .

This is so exciting ! I love hearing these stories.

I miss the excitment of having a date and the getting to know eachother stage . Sigh .

Keep us updated ! xx

Pain is just weakness leaving the body

The world is changed by examples, not by opinions

“If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't fuck 'em!â€

― John Waters

Well ladies, I took this advice and asked a guy out for a beer that I have been eyeing for a while. We talked for 5 hours and closed down two places. And I was pretty sure he wasn't really interested, lol. We've made plans to do it again after finals. I've already had an awesome weekend. Thanks for the nudge.

Fantastic ! I wish I had the balls to do that stuff

― John Waters

I did email back but kept it simple. Thanks for the reminder, hope your weekend goes well. And left it at that. Good thing cause it ended up going out to everyone in the group :cringes: Our last convo covered places we've lived, favorite sports teams and us cracking jokes on each other. He was testing the waters it seemed like. About 20 minutes or so then other people joined then I had to go home.

Body language wise, when other people joined the group, he was facing me the whole time while talking to everyone. I normally can't read body language but that I read loud and clear.

Yay Gam! I'm excited for you :D

Wake Your Dreams...

Ignore that Gam, I misread your post. :D

Oh and thought thats running thru my head as to why I'm taking this slowly... "Am I the person that the person I'm looking for, is looking for?" Aka am I the kind of woman that my dream guy is looking for. My answer... not quite there but I'm WOBA! (Working on being awesome!) Baby steps...

Wake Your Dreams...

My update: Unbelievable, we are a frickin' couple. We are both hellishly busy, and so most of our current activity takes the form of longing texts and phone calls. This guy is so far pretty damn amazing, I have been friends with him since september, so it isn't like there was no history, but all from that one nudge, I am having the romance of my life. Physically speaking we are a perfect match. Ironically we are still anxiously dancing around emotional issues...but as I see it, we sort of passed some kind of event horizon this weekend. I get the feeling we are both all in, but just not ready to admit it to ourselves yet.

I suddenly realized that I can lie to myself and pretend that this doesn't matter to me, and then when it ends, I will have what? Plausible deniability? I can say to myself "oh it didn't really matter to me...", but I will still be hurt and it will still suck. Or I can jump with both feet and accept the risk. It will hurt the same amount when it ends either way, but this way I wont miss the fun part.

Never cheat off the dumb kid.

Eco that is fantastic news ! just enjoy everyday and do not think of the end , as there might not be one . This is great to hear :) Just go for it , be yourself and just let yourself fall in love . Life is so short xx

― John Waters

i don't know if a guy's advice is welcome here but... why don't you tell him next time you see him that you like him and you were wondering whether he likes you... also say you're not looking for a one night stand and would like to know who he is a little better... just so you're sending the right signal...

it's really kind of weird, i don't like head games so i'm direct to avoid them... reading your posts, it seems like you're saying that you don't like head games, but your actions seem to leave you unsure of everything... it's tough, but part of getting what you want... is knowing what you want... best of luck in getting all this sorted...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

EFT , do men like it when a girl asks them out ? Are some men too shy to ask a lady out , out of fear of rejection ?

― John Waters

I haven't been in the game since high school, but I always loved it when girls asked me out and took the pressure off me. In today's world, that part is really a non issue I think.

But yeah, my thing was always to try to be friends first to try to take the pressure off of myself trying to ask someone out. Once you are comfotable and friendly enough, bringing it up in casual conversation is much easier. But like I said, haven't done this since high school, so what do I know.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Bahahaha I knew some guys would comment here :P Its ok. I'm just trying to figure out how to do that without making things awkward if he's not interested.

Although I'll admit :ninja stealthmode: "I like you but you'll never know" hasn't worked so far.

Silent Planet: Dinner and a movie Friday night. I'll pick you up at 8. Wear something sexy, show a little leg ;)

Wake Your Dreams...

EFT , do men like it when a girl asks them out ?

depends on the girl...

Are some men too shy to ask a lady out , out of fear of rejection ?

i would say most men are...

i wasn't really saying ask someone out, but just to ask directly whether they'd be interested in learning more about one another. generally when i was single and met someone, i wasn't really so much interested in doing stuff, just finding out more about people who are intriguing. sometimes it works out and most of the time it doesn't. given the odds, i didn't want to waste a lot of time with people i disliked. just wanted to meet cool people and spend time with them. if they're cool, respectful and good human beings [and hot], then usually good things happen... but you have to get to that point where you're talking about meaningful things...

one more point about appearing needy... if i'm needy, i go out of my way to show it... if that person doesn't have the capacity to handle it... then that person isn't for me... i felt like i can do a lot for another human being and i expected a lot in return... if someone doesn't have that capacity, don't hold it against them... just move on to find someone who does...

i didn't hide my flaws in dating, but i also tried to showcase what i was bringing to the table... that's the only way to know that someone is dating me for me...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Totally agree ! If the person likes you , they won't see you as " needy " playing hard to get etc is lame . It's not original , but being yourself is the beat way to go .

We will keep you here to give us advise on men ! Haha

― John Waters

Then I will take your suggestion and ask him if he wants to meet for coffee later this week? Hmmm... I've never been able to successfully ask a dude out. Nor have I tried since the one and only time in high school. :D I have a hard time distinguishing a guy thinking I'm cool from a guy being interested in me aka I have a really laid back personality and I'm a very likable person, but guys that are friends of mine don't see me as someone to date. They do see me as someone to hang out with all the time though.

Wake Your Dreams...

I am always the " friend " too . I think you should do it ! it will be scary , it might hurt your ego but it might be the best thing you have ever done ! come on here when you are at that meetup and we will talk you through it :D

― John Waters

You should try it sometime - you're smokin' hot ;-)

*runs and hides for complimenting a girl*

I'm with J on this one, you're gorgeous, Gem!

I don't know that I've ever really asked a guy out, but after a few weeks of flirting (at least on my part), if nothing has happened (and I'd like it to), I usually tell the guy I like him. I tell him it's not a huge deal if he doesn't like me like that, but it drives me crazy not knowing, so I just have to know. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, but it's nice to get past the crazy part and either go back to normal or move on to something fun. I hear you guys on being tired of being the initiator though ;)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram