• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

"Content I posted In" dropping content

34 posts in this topic

I follow along with threads through the "content I posted in" activity stream. Problem is, it's not showing the majority of the content I've posted in, especially items in the mini-challenge sections.

Same! It seems like it is refreshing on like a 12-hour basis or something instead of keeping tabs on something you posted in even yesterday. :(

I'm having it show threads I posted in last week, but not ones I posted in earlier the same day.  I haven't been able to figure out any rhyme or reason to what it keeps and what it drops, as some in each have new posts, etc.

50 minutes ago, Anim07734 said:

I'm having it show threads I posted in last week, but not ones I posted in earlier the same day.  I haven't been able to figure out any rhyme or reason to what it keeps and what it drops, as some in each have new posts, etc.

Yeah, I've been looking for patterns each time, haven't seen one. It shows some stuff in the minis, but drops most of it.

Does anyone else have an issue with the search function too? I can type the exact name of a thread but it comes back with "no results." Just wondering if it's related. 

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Does anyone else have an issue with the search function too? I can type the exact name of a thread but it comes back with "no results." Just wondering if it's related. 

Yeah. The issues are a big part of why I'm not very active at the moment. It's too hard to track what I've been active in.

7 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Tag searches are the same.  I've tagged every challenge I've done with the same tags, but searching for them now MIGHT show my most recent.  And normally I can't even get that.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's an issue with the database search function.  Which would fit with Spezzy's statement that it's software we can't do anything about.

6 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Yeah. The issues are a big part of why I'm not very active at the moment. It's too hard to track what I've been active in.

I've noticed a decrease in challenge participation (at least among Assassins) over the past year and wouldn't be surprised if this is a contributing factor.

2 people like this

I'm having this problem as well. When the January challenge first started everything I commented on was showing up in my "new content I posted in" feed. But then this week it has dropped everything except one or two things. It is making it very hard to participate in anything other than the warrior challenges, because they are all in one place. 

Just going to chime in. These issues are exactly why I stopped foruming. I am trying hard to get back into it, but it doesn't seem much better even now...

Yeah, I am still having this issue. I've lost several people this challenge, and that feed is the way that I keep up with who I'm keeping up with!

1 person likes this

Yeah, I lost some on that too. Frustrating.

Definitely not fixed. Even things i am explicitly following is getting dropped. I saw it happen today. It was there this AM and then gone now. Last post was maybe a week ago? I wonder if it is time based...  Oh well, these issues will probably frustrate and push me away again.

2 minutes ago, wovercast said:

Definitely not fixed. Even things i am explicitly following is getting dropped. I saw it happen today. It was there this AM and then gone now. Last post was maybe a week ago? I wonder if it is time based...  Oh well, these issues will probably frustrate and push me away again.

Confirmed. The post in question appears to have disappeared at exactly the 1 week mark. Even though I have the activity stream settings set properly. Seems like this would be an easy fix...

21 minutes ago, wovercast said:

18 minutes ago, wovercast said:

Confirmed. The post in question appears to have disappeared at exactly the 1 week mark. Even though I have the activity stream settings set properly. Seems like this would be an easy fix...

Unfortunately, it's not that simple.  A lot of the time it seems to be weekly, but of the 5 posts I made Sunday, only 1 ever showed up as "content I posted in."  Honestly, this seems to be a bug within the forum software, so not something the Admins can fix.

Just now, Anim07734 said:

Unfortunately, it's not that simple.  A lot of the time it seems to be weekly, but of the 5 posts I made Sunday, only 1 ever showed up as "content I posted in."  Honestly, this seems to be a bug within the forum software, so not something the Admins can fix.

Ah yes, I didn't mean to imply an easy admin fix. Rather a bug fix from the forum developers. Good info though.... and still frustrating :/

1 minute ago, wovercast said:

Ah yes, I didn't mean to imply an easy admin fix. Rather a bug fix from the forum developers. Good info though.... and still frustrating :/

Agreed.  Though the last time the devs released a new update, we ended up in our current mess, so I'm not sure I want to see how they "fix" things this time. :playful:

Personally, I've cut back on which subforums I frequent so I can skim through each one more thoroughly to avoid missing something.  Threads I've posted in still show up with a star next to the title, so they're easier to pick out.  As long as I check every couple days, the new posts are generally still on the front page.

1 person likes this

I don't rely on "Content I posted in." I post in a thread, then hit the follow button up at the top. You have to post in a thread before hitting the follow button. 

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't rely on "Content I posted in." I post in a thread, then hit the follow button up at the top. You have to post in a thread before hitting the follow button. 

That can (and does) drop off frequently too.

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yup, it doesn't seem to help. I am explicitly following threads I want to keep up with, but it still gets dropped...

22 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

Talked to Spezzy, it is out of her control as you said.