• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

"Content I posted In" dropping content

34 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2017 at 7:15 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't rely on "Content I posted in." I post in a thread, then hit the follow button up at the top. You have to post in a thread before hitting the follow button. 

On 3/8/2017 at 3:25 AM, SpecialSundae said:

That can (and does) drop off frequently too.

Yep, that's actually what I rely on as well. When I go to the dropped threads, they still say follow.

Whey, do you know if anyone has tried to talk to Invision about it?

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

When you select activity stream go to "content I follow" rather than content I have posted in.

This is exactly what I do. It does not help.

9 hours ago, wovercast said:

This is exactly what I do. It does not help.

The only other thing I have found, and forgive me if this has already been mentioned, is that you have to post before you hit follow. For some reason if you follow a thread before posting on it, the first time you do post it will unfollow you from the thread.

1 person likes this

The only other thing I have found, and forgive me if this has already been mentioned, is that you have to post before you hit follow. For some reason if you follow a thread before posting on it, the first time you do post it will unfollow you from the thread.

So, I have mine setup to automatically follow anything I post in. So I'm not really sure how that fits into the equation...

Also, if you are following a post you have to post in that post (hah how many times can I say post?) around once a week or it will drop it from your followed feed. So even if I can't think of something to say I'll just throw a couple of words down in a challenge to keep it in my followed content. It seems as though if you don't post in a post, after 7 days it will drop that post. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Also, if you are following a post you have to post in that post (hah how many times can I say post?) around once a week or it will drop it from your followed feed. So even if I can't think of something to say I'll just throw a couple of words down in a challenge to keep it in my followed content. It seems as though if you don't post in a post, after 7 days it will drop that post. 

giphy.gif

^^me reading your post.

2 people like this

I am having all of these problems too. At first I thought my settings were all wonky but I guess not.

Ideally there would be a notification if there is new content in threads I am following but seems there is only an option to receive emails which seems really weird. I can get notifications if my own posts are liked or quoted but not for anything else.

All in all it makes it really hard to keep up with all of the discussions.  For example, I wanted to post in the OCR race thread but I couldn't find it or search for it so I had to wait for someone else to post there to bring it back to the top.

I've gone through all of the settings again to make sure I'm not missing something and have reported this again. I've contacted IP Board multiple times regarding it but unfortunately it has not been fixed. We are aware of it though, just waiting on the fix.

1 person likes this