Repairing [Georges]

And here I am again this morning.

I just did my first workout since the last time I posted a workout.

It was pretty short and minimal.

But it was a workout.

Just to document where I'm starting from today:

20 bodyweight squats

5 modified (knees) pushups

20 standing lunges (10 each side)

15 second plank

30 jumping jacks

Maybe tomorrow I'll have the fortitude to step on the scale, but not today, so there's no starting weight.

And this is just the workout post.

There is so much more to repair than "lack of movement," but that is for another post.

Love to my nerd friends,

georges.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Today, I walked.  3/4 miles there, and 3/4 miles back.

Lots of feels.

Still processing.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.

So, I'm a bit sore today, from doing less than 1/3 of a full workout yesterday.  That didn't upset me, because it wasn't really a surprise.  It did, however, mean that I wasn't going to do it again today, so instead, I walked about 1.5 miles.  How difficult that was did surprise me.  Apparently, I haven't been walking around enough to maintain any muscles at all.  A year ago, I finished a marathon (eventually) even after skipping a huge amount of the end of the training.  Today, I had a rough time walking 1.5 miles.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Yesterday (Tuesday), I was still sore, so I took a rest day... 2 days after starting minimal activity again.

Today, I expect to be throwing/stacking firewood as my workout.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Wednesday's firewood workout:  Now that I'm fully aware of how much muscle loss there has been, it went about how I expected.  Except that I was able to work for longer than I thought I would be able to.  I definitely overdid it, but other than that, no real injuries.

Today will either be a rest day or more firewood, but I don't know which yet because I don't know if they (Mr.Georges and a friend) will be sawing up the rest today or tomorrow.

As discouraging as it is to face up to my current level of (non)fitness, it feels good to finally be doing something to change it for the better.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Thursday was a rest day.  It looks like the next firewood day will be tomorrow.  So, I need to be well rested, but I don't want 2 rest days in a row.

Mandatory today: post office, bank, phone call to HR.

Almost mandatory: 40 mile round trip to town to drop off job applications.

What I really want to do instead: curl up with kitties and books and sweets.

Wish me luck.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Good luck today! I know what it's like to just want to curl up with books and kitties! That actually sounds really nice right now hmmm *ponders today's plan* Anyways, I hope that your adulting schedule goes well today and I hope you'll reward yourself nicely when you complete all your mandatory chores!

On 10/10/2016 at 2:22 PM, Georges said:

A year ago, I finished a marathon (eventually) even after skipping a huge amount of the end of the training.  Today, I had a rough time walking 1.5 miles.

I am in this exact same boat. I ran my first marathon and then just kind of gave up on working out. I'm now starting over on my running schedule. It's quite discouraging. Hope you power through and are able to get back to your old fitness level. I'm right there beside ya'! 

• Like 1
On 10/14/2016 at 10:29 AM, Georges said:

Thursday was a rest day.  It looks like the next firewood day will be tomorrow.  So, I need to be well rested, but I don't want 2 rest days in a row.

Mandatory today: post office, bank, phone call to HR.

Almost mandatory: 40 mile round trip to town to drop off job applications.

What I really want to do instead: curl up with kitties and books and sweets.

Wish me luck.

Friday:

"Mandatory" - made it to the post office, check wasn't there, so bank trip was moot.  Did not call HR, but did get COBRA info in the mail.

"Almost Mandatory" - didn't.  Mr.Georges came home early and we worked on firewood, instead.

No sweets, no books (until bedtime), some kitty snuggles.

Firewood was a lot less physical work than the other day.

Today:  made it to the post, check was there, but the bank branch that isn't 20 miles away isn't open on Saturdays.

Still need to complete applications for Monday.

Firewood - try to learn how to effectively split wood today?  and a little throwing/stacking.

Still want sweets and kitty snuggles and more sweets and maybe a movie...

Also, finally faced the scale today, and the highest number I have ever weighed.  189.5 - which I almost didn't log here out of shame/embarrassment/sads.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

On 10/15/2016 at 11:07 AM, Georges said:

Still need to complete applications for Monday.

Firewood - try to learn how to effectively split wood today?  and a little throwing/stacking.

Application drop offs tomorrow, still need to finish filling them out.

We sawed up the rest of the wood, then switched to some end-of-the-season garden work.

Sore back.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

hey babe

I have missed ya

I am glad to see ya again

I missed ya

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Sunday:  I don't have anything good to say about yesterday.  Some days, being medicated and in therapy isn't enough.  I'm going to just pretend yesterday didn't even happen, at least until my next counseling appointment.

Monday:  I'm feeling uncomfortably numb, but at least I'm getting through the motions.  Finished up 3 job applications, dropped 2 off & mailed the 3rd.  It took all day, and I haven't gotten anything else done yet, but whatever.  Now to throw firewood down into the basement before it gets dark... (2 hours til sunset, if you don't count the bluff blocking out the sun).

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Super hugs

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Monday: Got the firewood inside, and stacked a fair amount.

Tuesday: ... still felt down, didn't get much done, but did clean the floors on the 1st floor and tidied up a bit as I went, and did some laundry.

Wednesday (today): helped with dinner prep (but not much), did dishes.  That's about it.

So, that's 2 days in a row without exercise... will have to work out or walk tomorrow.

Food is still a problem.  Less so, now that money is scarce.  I'm hoping that I will feel a bit more motivated to make changes as I increase activity.

Sort of in a "just keep swimming" state of mind, but that's an improvement, so I'll take it.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Thursday: didn't want to get out of bed, but eventually I did.  did some laundry... I think I did some dishes?  I don't remember if I did anything else productive.  I did not work out or walk.

Friday (today): got up early because I said I would.  made bread, did some laundry, cooked chicken, stacked some wood, made some more bread, called my folks.  V. tired, because I haven't been sleeping well this week at all.  But, stacked some wood, so at least I got some movement in.

Tomorrow, I see some friends who I haven't seen in a long time.  I'm glad, but anxious.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Saturday went well, until bedtime, at which point, things were dark.  So, I didn't sleep well.

Sunday started too early, and I'm tired now at 8:20 pm.  But, I got some housework done and walked.

One week to figure out if I'm up for an official challenge, or (more likely) going to hang out here in the battlelogs for a bit longer.

This week's change: less time on computer.  It means prioritizing, dropping some sites, and that I'll only be on NF once a day or so.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

How is it Monday already?

Today I had a hard time getting out of bed again... in fact, I took a secret nap after Mr.Georges left.  But, I did dishes and some laundry, packed away summer clothes (and clothes that don't fit anymore) and unpacked winter layers, and started sorting through some stuff.  My clutter shame is that I have stuff to sort through from over 10 years ago.  Probably over 15 years ago.  But every once in a while, I'm motivated enough to do a little.  Today was one of those days.

I'm feeling a bit sore from walking yesterday, but not as bad as two weeks ago.

Oh, and I helped with dinner (made cornbread to go with the chili).

Tomorrow: more stuff sorting, vacuum up some of the cat hair, apply to some jobs online.  Maybe some bodyweight stuff?  (Part of Mr.Georges's day today was clearing out space in the room we plan to use as an exercise room.  Yay!)

Spoiler

-John Wooden

And now it's Saturday.  I haven't been my usual post-every-day self.

Quick recap: 

Tuesday - another secret nap.  And counseling, where we reviewed the necessity of getting out of the house daily, and the possibility of a seasonal component to my depression, and talked about employment options.  Also, junk food  :( and less getting stuff done than I would like.

Wednesday - ???

Thursday - ???

Friday (yesterday) - laundry: yay clean bedding!  and some dishes, interrupted by plumbing issues.

Part of posting every day is so I don't have to try to remember stuff. 

Today:  try to find a ride from Mr.Georges's family's house to my family's house so I can visit.  I have a ride home on Sunday, but I need to get there...

Visit Mr.Georges's family, and friends.

Reconnect a bit.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Saturday & Sunday: visiting accomplished :)

Today (Monday): did a load of laundry, dishes, tried to go to the dump, but Mr.Georges had already done that.

Applied for a job, got a call, scheduled an interview.

I'm almost done worrying about money for the winter - yay!

Spoiler

-John Wooden

So, today, I have to rush around a bit, pack, go to the job interview, and ??? I have no idea, because it all depends on the interview.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up that they will start me tomorrow... but it would be the best outcome for me.

I'm excited, and anxious.

Oh, and I don't have a smartphone, so I may be afk for a couple days, depending on computer access... or I might be home by tonight...

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Update on the job front: Interviewed, got a job offer, went back Wednesday for paperwork, etc., then due to infuriating circumstances that aren't my fault and absolutely aren't their fault, had to go back Thursday.  And then, finally, I got to come home.  :)  I start on Monday, for a six or seven week assignment (the first two of which won't be full time).  There may or may not be an opportunity to extend that.

Job Goals

• Work as many hours as I can, to maximize income.
  • Do awesome at it.
  • Get (current) job references.
  • Extend assignment, if possible.
  • Network for future employment opportunities.

Concurrent Non-Job Goals

• See friends and family.
  • Work out.
  • Eat at least as well as I have been, but preferably better.
  • Be welcome where I am staying (not a burden).
  • Search for work back home.

It's going to be a busy end to 2016!

Spoiler

-John Wooden

So glad you got a job! I've been vacationing and not near a computer as often But I check in from time to time

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Spoiler