Jump to content

Brutal Bears Respawns


Recommended Posts

Hey, throwing a post out. I need to respawn and wanted to commit myself. I worked well with NF for over a year, lost a lot of weight, got back in school, got promoted at work, and even got my first girlfriend in years. Then I somewhat fell under the weight of my own success.  I started working 80+ hours a week, doing course overloads at school, spending time with a girlfriend, and I didn't give up fitness at all but I lost touch. A lot of the people I was close with on these forums left and I started to feel pretty disconnected and never really connected with anyone else, so I kind of stopped using the forums. Since thine I have been going to the gym less and less, and my diet has gotten worse again. So:

 

Time to change. I have put in my notice at work and I have a couple more months at the crazy 80 hour week job then I am done. I am taking the month of december of work and I am going to work at a lower stress, lower hour job while I finish school and prep for grad school. I am going to start eating well again and going to the gym. I will hop back on later this week with a more direct and measurable plan until the next 4 week challenge starts up. Hope to see some familar faces and make some new friends along the way,

 

also World of Warcaft sucked me back in with legion. That game gets me everytime.....

  • Like 1

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post

Alright my Respawn Plan for the next couple weeks before the next Challenge:

 

Week 1

1. Eat a paleo breakfast every morning

Days done: 5

2. Walk 5 miles a day

Days done: 4

3. Lift 3 times a week

Lifts Done: 2

 

 

and that's it, just get myself back in it. 

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post

I'll jump in here and say hi!  Howdy BB!

I'm kinda in the same boat as you.  I had a few life changing events too and lost touch with a lot of people on here as well.

 

I like your simple straight-forward plan.  That's really all ya need to do, get yourself on some structure and muscle through that first.

 

So by paleo breakfast you mean the good ol tried and true eggs and bacon? :)

 

And what kinda lifting are you doing?  I'm just curious what your routine looks like.

 

Oh and my wife and I were huge WoW players back in the day, we kinda fell out with Mists of Pandaria, but I've heard nothing but good stuff about Legion.  I'm sucked into SWTOR myself.

 

Anyway, keep up the good work, you've stepped up and put eyes on your goals, now it's time to rock it!

  • Like 1

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

 

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Link to post
6 minutes ago, BlamedCat said:

I'll jump in here and say hi!  Howdy BB!

I'm kinda in the same boat as you.  I had a few life changing events too and lost touch with a lot of people on here as well.

 

I like your simple straight-forward plan.  That's really all ya need to do, get yourself on some structure and muscle through that first.

 

So by paleo breakfast you mean the good ol tried and true eggs and bacon? :)

 

And what kinda lifting are you doing?  I'm just curious what your routine looks like.

 

Oh and my wife and I were huge WoW players back in the day, we kinda fell out with Mists of Pandaria, but I've heard nothing but good stuff about Legion.  I'm sucked into SWTOR myself.

 

Anyway, keep up the good work, you've stepped up and put eyes on your goals, now it's time to rock it!

Thanks for stopping by, and SWOTR got me when it first dropped and the commericals for the last couple expansions look awesome. I loved my Sith inquisitor and Jedi guardian.

Recently I have been doing just a simple dumbbell routine. Curls, OH press, Rows, Extensions, etc. I do 20 of each lift, then 15, then 10. I had to stop a lot of other lifts because I have a bad back and kept hurting myself. Though, I got into some mace training for a few months last year and that shit rocked me. Perhaps I should mess with that again. I need to get new tire to beat to death.

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post

10-12-16:

So, I came up with my simple plan half way through the day so I wasn't really a day one, but I walked a mile and I ate a paleo breakfast.  Today I started off better already getting up an hour early to walk the dog in the park.

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post
29 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

Thanks for stopping by, and SWOTR got me when it first dropped and the commericals for the last couple expansions look awesome. I loved my Sith inquisitor and Jedi guardian.

Recently I have been doing just a simple dumbbell routine. Curls, OH press, Rows, Extensions, etc. I do 20 of each lift, then 15, then 10. I had to stop a lot of other lifts because I have a bad back and kept hurting myself. Though, I got into some mace training for a few months last year and that shit rocked me. Perhaps I should mess with that again. I need to get new tire to beat to death.

No worries, I'll be stalking you now, if you don't mind.

That's cool!  Oh man, yes that newest commercial gives me goosebumps.

Okay, simple is best for sure.  Sorry to hear about the back, BB.

 

Mace training?  That sounds freaking awesome!  I got into Kettlebells thanks to an online friend and we've been discussing mace training lately, but haven't bit the bullet yet.  Anything you can recommend on that front?

 

And as far as your day one, remember, any movement forward is far better than standing still or going backwards, so keep up the good work!

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

 

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Link to post
No worries, I'll be stalking you now, if you don't mind.

That's cool!  Oh man, yes that newest commercial gives me goosebumps.

Okay, simple is best for sure.  Sorry to hear about the back, BB.

 

Mace training?  That sounds freaking awesome!  I got into Kettlebells thanks to an online friend and we've been discussing mace training lately, but haven't bit the bullet yet.  Anything you can recommend on that front?

 

And as far as your day one, remember, any movement forward is far better than standing still or going backwards, so keep up the good work!

You know I don't know much about kettle bell. I used one for a little bit but never really got into it, and hey I really Appreciate having some stalk this post. But tell me you don't want to mace train after this article:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/04/23/train-like-an-ancient-hindu-warrior-the-steel-mace-workout/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post
33 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

You know I don't know much about kettle bell. I used one for a little bit but never really got into it, and hey I really Appreciate having some stalk this post. But tell me you don't want to mace train after this article:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/04/23/train-like-an-ancient-hindu-warrior-the-steel-mace-workout/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the kettle bell to some extent, but man, that article makes my mouth water!

I actually spotted this article awhile back: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/03/18/an-introduction-to-indian-club-training/ and that's what got us thinking about the club training.

But yes, now I need to figure out where I can get a mace like that to start practicing with.

 

You know one thing I really like about kettle bells and maces?  The deceptively small weight kicks your rear VERY adequately. :)

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

 

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Link to post
I like the kettle bell to some extent, but man, that article makes my mouth water!

I actually spotted this article awhile back: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/03/18/an-introduction-to-indian-club-training/ and that's what got us thinking about the club training.

But yes, now I need to figure out where I can get a mace like that to start practicing with.

 

You know one thing I really like about kettle bells and maces?  The deceptively small weight kicks your rear VERY adequately. [emoji4]

That true it is a brutal work out, and I like that it hits so many muscles with each movement. It is also awesome that to increase difficulty you just have to move your hands.

I kept looking at the maces on onnit which where like 60-70 bucks, and I didn't want to spend that. I ended up just getting a sledge hammer from homedepot for $25 works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post

Yesterday: I walked 5 miles, ate a paleo breakfast, and lifted. Back on it. I also made a very important decesion...I deleted WOW. I just can not seem to play that game in a healthy way, and when I do I don't really like it. So, I am cutting the cord from wow. I think I will play some SWOTR again, because it is an easier game for me to manage.

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post

I had considered a sledge hammer, but I was wondering about the balance, but you answered my question :)

 

And I was JUST about to hit you up and check in on you, glad to see you're trucking along.

That's a HUGE decision and I'm happy you came to it.  Gaming for me has been a huge part of my life, so I get that decision completely.  When my wife and I first started playing WoW (back with BC), she used to comment on how I'd talk in my sleep... roleplaying my dwarven priest.... casting spells....  >_>

 

I do hope that SWTOR scratches that itch in a more manageable way. :)

 

Overall, great job on a stellar start, have fun today and make sure the weekend doesn't steal your momentum.  The lack of structure on weekends has always been a struggle for me.

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

 

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Link to post
2 minutes ago, BlamedCat said:

I had considered a sledge hammer, but I was wondering about the balance, but you answered my question :)

 

And I was JUST about to hit you up and check in on you, glad to see you're trucking along.

That's a HUGE decision and I'm happy you came to it.  Gaming for me has been a huge part of my life, so I get that decision completely.  When my wife and I first started playing WoW (back with BC), she used to comment on how I'd talk in my sleep... roleplaying my dwarven priest.... casting spells....  >_>

 

I do hope that SWTOR scratches that itch in a more manageable way. :)

 

Overall, great job on a stellar start, have fun today and make sure the weekend doesn't steal your momentum.  The lack of structure on weekends has always been a struggle for me.

That true weekends can be brutal. Luckily I am spending Saturday on a bird hunting trip and we will be walking for hours, so that is nice.

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post
3 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

That true weekends can be brutal. Luckily I am spending Saturday on a bird hunting trip and we will be walking for hours, so that is nice.

Cool! That sounds like fun :).

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

 

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Link to post

Friday-Sunday:

I kept up eating paleo every morning, lifted once, and walked 5 miles a day. I went on a great pheasant hunt where we probably walked 5 miles just during the hunt while carrying shotguns the whole time, that worked my ass out more than anything has in a long time! I'm looking forward to my next week of this challenge!

Week 1 Update

1. Eat a paleo breakfast every morning

Days done: 5

2. Walk 5 miles a day

Days done: 4

3. Lift 3 times a week

Lifts Done: 2

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post

Week 2 Running List

1. Eat a paleo breakfast every morning

Days done: 7

2. Walk 5 miles a day

Days done: 6

3. Lift 3 times a week

Lifts Done: 3

  • Like 1

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post

Monday 10-17-16:

I walked quite a bit, but didn't hit the 5 mile mark. I did eat a paleo breakfast and got caught up with school. This week will be a little brutal because I have finals this weekend, so I need to buckle down and study. This behavioral stats class is one of the hardest classes I have ever taken.On the bright side I met with the director of a grad school and I am pretty much accepted into the grad program here at MU. 

  • Like 1

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post
3 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

Monday 10-17-16:

I walked quite a bit, but didn't hit the 5 mile mark. I did eat a paleo breakfast and got caught up with school. This week will be a little brutal because I have finals this weekend, so I need to buckle down and study. This behavioral stats class is one of the hardest classes I have ever taken.On the bright side I met with the director of a grad school and I am pretty much accepted into the grad program here at MU. 

Lookin good!

Grats on the chat with the director.  That's gotta be a huge weight off your shoulders.  Anyway, enjoy finals this week, you've got this!

  • Like 1

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

 

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Link to post

Tuesday 10-18-16:

I walked 6 miles; which included taking the dog on two different walks, one before and one after work! I did not eat paleo, I was out of groceries so I resorted to the boo berry cereal...its soo good. I'll go shopping today since I couldn't eat paleo this morning either.

  • Like 1

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post

Wednesday: 

Not a great day for health. I did not get any of my goals done. I was caught up in going to my girlfriend's place to do laundry, working, studying for finals, and watching the debate. Today will be better though!

 Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines