Euro Meet Up With Obstacle Course Race / Mud Run?

Just heard back from NF HQ:

"Thanks for the note and question! This is awesome! You can use the NF logo for your team shirts; HOWEVER, we have a couple of guidelines that we ask you to follow:

1. No one in your group/team is allowed to make money off the shirts, so please use a shirt printer that can take your money up front and print them. Don't use a company like Redbubble, etc. where someone can charge above the cost of the shirt being made and make money off of your team members.

2. The NF logo must be intact (so please do not modify it).

Otherwise, good luck with the race! We'd love to see photos of you guys once it's finished! :)"

• Like 6
On 9-12-2016 at 9:37 PM, Jarric said:

You can use the NF logo for your team shirts;

Wicked!!!

On 10-12-2016 at 10:03 AM, deftona said:

Not sure if I can make it but I am commenting here to keep up just in case because this sounds excellent!

Hopefullly you will be able. Would be fantastic to meet as much Rebels as possible!

• Like 3

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year?

I'm sorry to report that I'm not going to be able to do this weekend and race now. I've been looking at prices and although the flights are reasonable, accommodation in Amsterdam is just too damn expensive over that weekend - probably because it's Easter weekend - and it's just too much for me to pay out at the moment. It's going to work out well over £600 just for flights and accommodation, not to mention spending money, race ticket and other outgoings.

I'm really disappointed and I'm sorry to let people down. Of course, that doesn't stop everyone else from going and I'd love it people did. If I come across another race somewhere else in Europe that's a little more wallet friendly, I'll put a call out again.

If anyone wants to look at doing a race in the UK at any point this year, I'd be able to do that. In fact, I'd love to get a team together for this race called Barrel of Laps on July 29th in Buckinghamshire. Need a team of at least 5 people to carry a beer barrel around the course for as many laps as possible. Oh, and there is also a beer festival!

• Like 1

I'm sorry to jump on that train, but the friend who would be hosting us will be out of town at the time and counter-offered to put us up in March or May. Race day is also (Orthodox) Easter and after my zero days off these holidays, I don't want to spend precious rest&relaxation days off travelling and running an OCR, even if it is among fellow nerds. That said, I'm willing to attend another race on different dates. UK/Ireland is one idea, otherwise I could look up other races in the BeNeLux area or one of the Spartans in France, Spain or Italy.

I am not going to Amsterdam either, being a one-income household with a family of four, has its draws.

But@Casbin and I have semi-set plans to attend the mudmasters mudrun in September near Hamburg, Germany, if there's interest.

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

I can still do Amsterdam, but it is expensive all together so I can only do one European festival at most this year. Basically I'm saying I'm still up for this if other people are, but if there's a better date/location for people then I'd be up for doing that instead?

@Charlie_Quinn barrel of laps sounds like great fun, I could be interested in that.

Everyone is terrified before their first race and even seasoned runners get the shivers before race day. The idea though is to do it as a team and have fun, not race competitive for the best time, so expect much fun, support and no pressure. As for suggestions, I'm looking at what can be done in the Spring, there's more races in Summer and Autumn, but I'm saving those for later ;)

• Like 1

May 28th Might be tricky for me. The Ireland dates look good - it's a bit in the middle of nowhere to do anything other than the race by the look at things, but then we'd be in the beautiful Irish countryside so that's not too bad.

• Like 1

I'm looking at dates for a Scotland-Ireland fourthnight arranged around that race. Prices go up Jan.31st and I need to book flights/accomodation soon to prevent more price increases. That said, I will be buying race tickets soon and hope this gets things rolling for that meetup. Just please, don't leave me to run this alone <3

8 and 9 of July, Loughcrew, Ireland. I just booked flight tickets and accomodation for Dublin, Scotland was canned for budget reasons. Will book a race ticket by the end of the month, let us discuss availability, date/heat we'd prefer (I'm all for early morning heats) and a potential team name.

• Like 2
8 and 9 of July, Loughcrew, Ireland. I just booked flight tickets and accomodation for Dublin, Scotland was canned for budget reasons. Will book a race ticket by the end of the month, let us discuss availability, date/heat we'd prefer (I'm all for early morning heats) and a potential team name.

Oh God. I can't even run 5k or do a push-up right now. However, thats just when my holidays happen so I should be able to fly in. Tight on budget though just now so I'll have to book my tickets next month.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok so rather than complaining and freaking out I just had a thought. Could we have a Europe meetup accountabilibuddy group so we ensure we all get there in kickass shape? Realistically, I should be easily be able to do the running long beofre July and then all I need is an appropriate bodyweight routine and some people who will get me to stick to it.

AKA Screw it, I'm in.

• Like 4