• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Socksy

Beginner Level 1 Challenge

Hello everyone! I'm new here, and I'm going to be turning my life around. I've been doing it off and on for a few years now, not really making progress and even going way too far backwards in progress. When I was approaching 280 lbs, I came to the conclusion that I am a dumb. I stuck to a strict calorie-counting diet and started training for a 5k, but then hit a horrible stint where my back and limbs decided "Nah, this progress thing is the pits." and proceeded to mess up. Constant stiff back and back pain, plus pain around my hips, made the 3x/week 5k training so painful that my motivation died and I stagnated ever since.

But, I'm at 215 lbs now, which is nice. Going to finally break out of that stagnation now with this 4-week challenge; or, I suppose, 1 1/2 week challenge.

Diet

• Eat a vegetable with one meal every day
  • Reduce fast food consumption by 50%

Fitness

• Complete the NF bodyweight workout at least 1x a week

Level Up Your Life

• Go to bed 10 minutes earlier each week

I put them in my character profile, too!

Hey!

Welcome to the challenge, and good luck for the last parts of it!

Those look like some really good challenges, and I hope they go well for you. 

How are you planning on tracking your progress, and are you going to give yourself any rewards?

On 10/15/2016 at 8:23 AM, IAmInfinite said:

Hey!

Welcome to the challenge, and good luck for the last parts of it!

Those look like some really good challenges, and I hope they go well for you. 

How are you planning on tracking your progress, and are you going to give yourself any rewards?

So far I'm using the character sheet on Nerd Fitness to track things - I'm not sure if there's a better way to go about it. Nor what I could do for rewards. 

If the character sheet is working for you, then go for it! 

Some people like to track their progress in their challenge threads, posting daily or weekly. Some like to track in paper journals. I like to track in my signature. It is how you best stay accountable so you know that you are working towards your habit every week. 

For rewards, again it depends on what best motivates you. Make sure it's something that isn't necessary but you would definitely appreciate and use. 

Some people buy workout clothes, some people buy bath bombs, some go to the museum. I am getting some running and hiking gear for when I reach my weight goal. For this challenge, however, I'm doing it for the goal of leveling up. When I reach Lv5 I'm buying a book. There's a couple of suggestions in the Juice Bar (in the Rebel forum)

something I found that really helped with fast food consumption was to ban the drive thru.  if I was going to eat fast good then I needed to park, go in and dine in.  It wasn't worth it most of the time.  I was still busy though and sometimes needed the fast food.  So the next step was to find better fast food places.  my new go to places are subway, panera bread and chipotle.  still have to park and go in but at least the places have better options.

have a great final week of the challenge!

Fast food will be easy for me, since I told my ride to and from work not to let me buy any of it. That effectively eliminated it from my routine.

Tracking I do on the Character Sheet and I want to try it on my signature once I figure out the old stat system. I use My Fitness Pal for calorie and food tracking. I need something better though, I keep forgetting to do things.

Still not sure on rewards though. Might pick myself up a new game, or sign up for archery or martial art classes. I'm really not sure what to do beyond that, I've already got books in spades and get those more because I feel reading is a requirement to keep my brain active.

If you need any advice on the old stat system, don't hesitate to hit me (or others up). I personally do a bit of a modified version though.

The archery and martial art classes sound really good! And it would be great as a reward because it would continue building on what you've been improving on.

• Like 2

All right, so I did both of the diet ones and the fitness one, eating oodles of veggies and eating less fast food; I feel much better, actually! I've even went and started drinking significantly more water since I'm pretty sure I've been chronically dehydrated for a very long time. I didn't so much do the sleep thing, unfortunately. My schedule has been wonky, but I did it most of the days I had left.

• Like 1

That's really good! Are you going to stick around with the rebels next challenge or head off to work with a different guild?

Iv'e just realised that the new forums are up and congats on getting the first post! :P

• Like 1