Become the Wolf

wolf-animated-gif-15.gif

Here we go again (Again again again). Last time I attempted this I tried my hand at Keto and although it worked really well in the beginning it wasn't for me. Near the end I was mentally exhausted, bitter, frustrated and found myself cheating and eating worse than I did while off the diet. Which of course brought on the feelings of guilt and failure. So here I am again, ready to push forward and become the wolf. Fierce, wild and determined. Let's see how far I get this time. 

The plan

- Drink at least 2L of water daily

- Meal plan ahead of time

- Snacks in moderation

- Move a bit more

Goals

-5lbs   by Nov 19

-10lbs by Dec 24

-15lbs by Jan 28

-20lbs by Mar 04

Stats to date

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 256lbs

Est. BF%: 45.3

Measurements

Neck:

Bust:

Bicep:

Forearm: 

Wrist:

Waist:

Hips:

Thigh:

Calf:

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Alright so I am going to try and update the weight and BF% every Saturday and I will do measurements and pictures on the goal dates. Daily I will log about my feels, motivations, concerns... basically what ever is on my mind.

Basically where I am at today: 

2d02dbbfdc7b34fce3898a6e68b36847.gif

Feeling very lazy and regretting food choices. My foot is in pain because apparently wearing shoes that are tied too tightly for 5-10mins equates to 3 days of tenderness and pain. I have horseback riding tonight which will be fun. I am riding two horses so hopefully my foot is on board with that plan. I hurt my foot Tuesday after riding by trying on unbroken in winter riding boots and walking around. I had an impromptu ride Wednesday night and my foot hurt for the first little while but then I forgot about it. I have been elevating, icing and compressing. Tomorrow I have a photoshoot with my little sister and our ponies. It was supposed to be the day I get my tattoo consultation but I canceled due to money reasons and I thought I would have lost some weight by then... plus I am not longer 100% sure on what I want. 

I guess I can explain some of my reasoning for this retry....

So this photoshoot I am a bit nervous for. I had one last year and although I love the pictures it was a bit of an eye opener. And in my head I said I would lose the weight and get it redone. Well that didn't happen (yet). Still the plan, but I was thinking I would be well on my way by now not at the beginning. I was recently in a wedding party and again the photos I like but I can't help but feel I look whale-ish. Bit bigger than how I see myself. It is getting to the point where I am starting to feel embarrassed.

The other part of this is I love riding horses and I feel a bit guilty because we expect the horses to be in shape yet here I am not in shape. I mean I am probably in better shape than I look but not compared to Daisy. I want to get fit so I can be a better rider. I have been working on flexing Daisy down while riding and that requires a lot of core and leg which I just don't have to maintain her flexing down. I will give myself credit because I am a lot stronger than last year but still... I want more! 

I feel me getting hurt so easily (stupid foot) has to do with my body having to carry around such a heavy load. And its just going to get worse. Some days my knees hurt and I am only 26... I shouldn't feel 80.   

Today is the photoshoot. I'm not in love with my outfit but I couldn't find anything "neutral" colored that I like. I didn't do amazing at the drinking water but I didn't do horrible either. Its easier at work to keep track because I have a 1L bubba cup. Started the day of with some Shreddies with almond and granola clusters and almond milk. Time to get organized and head out soon! 

Today I did grownup things... Gathered recycling, did groceries, replaced a lightbulb. I also got to go and ride Beau :) his owner couldn't come to the barn today so they asked if I'd like to exercise him. We had fun. Food was eh today. As was drinking water. Haha.. of to a bad start. I got lots of veggies for this upcoming week and a few ideas for lunches. I'm going to make black bean patties and chickpea patties and maybe falafel if I have time. I may even attempt an omelette with spinach and grilled veggies a few times for breakfast. We will see if we have time! Water will be better tomorrow because I get my bubba back.

tumblr_o5h6q3VOau1v85b4wo1_500.gif

2L 12oz of water down! Food so far has been spiral ham, stuffing and cranberries (yummy breakfast) and lunch will be left over pad-thai but I think there might be too much so I will maybe eat half and save the rest for tomorrows lunch. We will see! 

Foot is still being a butthole. Its tender and sore... so I will ice it when I get home from work I guess.

Doing some research on what I can do to move a bit more. 

- Bike rides (until it gets too cold/slippery) with Poncho

- DDR

- Walks with Rook and/or Poncho

- Skating (Oct - March only)

- Hiking

- Gym classes

> Monday:  Bootcamp, Piyo, Spin

> Wednesday:  Piyo

> Thursday:  Body/Blast, Spin, Zumba

> Saturday: Bootcamp, Zumba

- Strength Training

I put those in order of my willingness to do them at the moment. I find the biking and walks boring because its just aimless travelling in a random direction for no reason. Hiking would normally surpass both of those but I need to drive to hiking trails and I just don't know where there are any good ones near my house. So I will look to see if there are any close by. I am the person who prefers doing activities over working out to work out. 

Got me some photoshoot pictures back! :) Love them. The photographer was Jaren Kane and she is super talented. I had so much fun. And I think Beau did too (the handsome horse ;) )

_DSC2944_zpsg1t1gwtx.jpg\

_DSC2902_zpswnrprvt2.jpg

_DSC2928_BW_zpsvu5wysrv.jpg

Anywho... :P

Yesterday I finished at around an intake of 3L of water. I am not doing as good today as I was yesterday... I am still on my first litre!! :( Gotta pick up the pace. I snacked on chocolate last night... 5 chocolate mint girl guide cookies and probably 2 kitkats worth of cookies and creme kitkat. Annnd a box of smarties. Today is a new day...  

The food for today

Snack: Apple

Breakie: Spiral Ham, stuffing, homemade apple sauce stuff

Lunch: Black bean + carrot patty thing I made for dinner last night on lettuce and cucumber with some salsa as "salad dressing" and a left over potato.

Dinner: mystery so far 

And tonight I ride! I am working on flexing Daisy down again so that is going to be a good leg, core and arm workout.

Oh and I ordered the piece I need for my DDR mat so soon I'll be able to finally do that! :) 

• Like 1

tumblr_odgb1nqwtC1v85b4wo1_500.gif

I have been so freaking tired lately! The drives into work and drives home have been brutal. I can barely keep myself awake and that is scary... I wonder if my work would mind if I took a nap lol Riding was a workout yesterday...Horse and I were both a sweaty mess. I wasn't planning on working too hard since it was warmer than its been and she has her winter coat already. Well she had other plans lol she took over 1.5 hours to dry and she nipped my arm because I wasn't giving her anymore treats...Rude. I really need to work on my core muscles... I was exhausted after trying to get her to flex down and my back was starting to hurt too. I was looking up a core routine for the obese yesterday on youtube. Seems alright so I might give it a try. 

Food stuffs

Breakie: Granola, almond, fancy shreddies with 2% milk (ugh i hate milk aftertaste, i have been having almond milk for a year)

Lunch: 1 chicken breast (roasted in butter, herbs, garlic and lemon) over a "salad" (lettuce, cheese, cucumber, caesar dressing)

Snack: apple

Dinner: ?? Probably something to do with that chicken! :P I made a decent amount.

I have a month today to lose those 5lbs... better get my ass in motion. My attachment for my DDR mat shipped yesterday! :) so hopefully I get it today (edit: nope not till Oct 27 apparently :()

Yesterday I drank 2L of water.

So I had my lunch which was better than I thought it would be but made me super bloated for some reason. Then I was having fake hunger around 1:30 so I drank the rest of my water and had my apple. Holy sour apple batman! But it had lingering sweetness so it was yummy. But now I am fighting myself because my brain was like "I know where a chocolate bar is~" 

Of course now my coworker is eating his lunch at 2pm and it smells freaking delicious. URGH. The worst. 

@Kareesh Thank you :) it was fun. Yas go check your mat!!! I played it a lot in highschool and it was always so much fun. I like the versions I have for PS2 better but my brother is holding the PS4 captive and he still has all my games. I wonder if I could find a cheap ps2 or maybe boyfriend has one somewhere. 

I did not quite reach 2L but I think I got close. I will do better today! I didn't eat that chocolate bar at work so kudos to me there. 

Breakie: Fancy Shreddies with 2% milk

Lunch: 1/2cup of rice, chicken breast, baked brown beans, broccoli

Dinner: probably pizza

I have been doing lots of thinking lately about how I am not quite where I want to be with my horseback riding. Or rather where I should be. And I have been putting a lot of pressure on myself to the point where if the ride doesn't quite go as I wanted it to then I feel like a disappointment. I have decided for my next lesson I am going to try and step back and just have fun. Remember why I do it in the first place and just learn to relax a bit. The whole "Don't sweat the small stuff" sort of thing. I also realized I have trouble actually connecting with people. The closest people in my life are my boyfriend, Mum and little sister. I can truly be myself and I feel they want to be around me. But outside of my relationship (and family), I don't necessarily feel I have many people I can be myself with. Like someone who I want to talk  to and spend time with and its mutual. It has just really been amplified at work and at the barn. At work I have my work friends but as soon as their "favourite" coworker comes in off they go. Most of the time I don't mind it but its seeming kind of lonely. Like I feel I am not the main character in my own life... which sounds super depressing and I promise you I am not but it was kind of like a "oh... yah thats a thing" feel. 

I tried to do an "Ass to grass" squat because I was feeling highly motivated while brushing my teeth to try what I saw in that video I watched at lunch. I figure I can start to work on my form until I actually get into the gym. I think my feet were too far apart though as it didn't feel ideal on my knee. I did however get down lower than I have before so I will practice practice practice :)

Today is off to a weird start. Let the dogs out at 5:30 like normal but then I couldn't feed them because I ran out of food for one of them so I had to wait until 9am for the store to open. I slept in a bit, worked a bit then got the food. And today has just been miserable and is making me feel cold and bleh. Food was 3 slices of left over pizza, 2 chicken nuggets, 1 box of smarties. Not so good. I need to do something with the chicken I made a few days ago because now that tomorrow is the weekend I doubt it will get eaten. I might make some chicken salad for lunch though I am not feeling super hungry. and I have only had about 3 cups of water. 

I forgot to mention last night I was practicing my squat form. Did 10 bodyweight squats and maybe 8 deadlift movements. I was worried Poncho was going to bop me in the nose... He likes deadlifts apparently.

So instead of grabbing pizza I made chicken salad (Chicken, red onion, mayo, basil, pepper) and put it over a bed of chopped cabbabe and broccoli. Im going to be so gassy tonight but oh well! Should make for an interesting riding lesson. This is my last lesson before the show on Sunday. Hope everyones day is going well. 

Love the photos! Beautiful horse. My daughter has a paint that is all white except for her ears and a few little spots on her back. Does yours like to roll in the mud? I swear, every time we bathe Lace, she heads straight for the mud, lol. 

Great job on making a healthy choice for your meal. That's the hardest part (for me). 

Keep going! :)

• Like 1

@jenkofb Thank you! That sounds super cute! That horse (Beau) rolls but I am not sure how much. He isn't my usual horse I ride :) I just ride him occasionally to exercise him. Daisy is the horse I quarterboard and she definitely rolls lol. Everytime someone goes to bring her in from turnout she has to roll first.  We have a pony at the barn that whenever they bath her the first thing she does it roll in her stall. Its funny. 

Thank you for your support! :D

I need a vacation after this weekend! I got a PS2 and a few DDR games that I don't have (I hope). I played that a bit the one night and realized that I don't quite have the coordination, balance or stamina that I used to lol I had a blast though! So I will keep doing that. And I am a bit disappointed because the mat that was missing the xbox piece is apparently broken. It has a ps2 adapter as well and I think the wiring shifted because it was stuck in a weird position for so long in my parents basement. I hope it gets over the silliness and the wiring gets back in place. 

Halloween horse show was a success. Daisy and I kicked some butt. We got 1st place in our walk, trot, canter place and 3rd and 4th in our jumping classes. I am very proud :) Those were probably our strongest courses yet. Feeling motivated! 

• Like 1

Breakfast was 1 cup maybe 1.5 cups of some honey puff cereal dry and an iced tea. That was the best I could do this morning. Yesterday was exhausting after the horse show, art show, staying up late for Walking Dead. Lunch has been pesto pasta with veggies and chicken on top and an arizona apple green tea and 2 mini cheese rolls. I need to come up with some dinner options for the week. I still have a lot of left over grocery things from last week so at least I don't really need to do grocery shopping. 

My scale battery died so I need to get on top of that before Nov 19. 

If anyone has kept up with this thus far you can see I have been very relaxed, nonchalant and hardly putting forth any effort. Its time to start getting serious so I am going to make a plan for the week and try to stick to it. 

My plan for this week... 

Monday:

- Do recycling and put it out to the curb before bed if it isn't too windy

- Make dinner

- DDR (chose to do lawn work instead)

- In bed by 10:30pm (didn't make it to bed until by 10:50)

Bonus round:

- Load/set dishwasher

- Gather things for slow cooker the next day

Tuesday

- Set slow cooker before I leave (delegated this :P)

- Make dinner

- 30min-1hr horseback riding 

- In bed by 10:30pm

Wednesday

- Groom Lola

- 1st day of 30 day challenge

Thursday

- Make dinner

- DDR

Friday

- Riding lesson (1hr)

This will hopefully help me feel more productive and organized and get this butt into motion :P

Monday:

- Do recycling and put it out to the curb before bed if it isn't too windy

- Make dinner

- DDR

Bonus round:

- Load/set dishwasher

- Gather things for slow cooker the next day

So yesterday went pretty good. I came home and boyfriends brother had already started on recycling so I decided to mow the lawn and rake up the leaves. They went off to play some Destiny so I cleaned up the kitchen a bit and made some veggies (cabbage, zucchini, pepper, bean pattie) sauteed in stir fry sauce. After dinner I set the dishwasher and washed some dishes by hand. Then unloaded the dishwasher. Washed the slow cooker for today. I was exhausted when I finished so I opted for not playing DDR. We watched some Dragonball Super then bed. I was in bed by 10:50 or so but I didn't end up falling asleep until after 11:30.  

Breakfast was a cheese bagel with margarine and one half had a tiny bit of cream cheese. Lunch is left over veggies / been patty. Dinner pulled pork and probably broccoli. 

I am playing around with the idea of making a challenge. I was going to last challenge but there was like a week or less left! So that is why I made this thread.However I am known for taking on too much at once. Or not taking on enough.

There are a few things I have been wanting to focus on...

1. Getting food on track

2. Fitness level increase

3. Get a budget and make it work

4. Finish our master bedroom

5. Start working on those art projects

I signed up for a 30 day rider fitness challenge. I am checking it out to see if it is something I can add in for my fitness. The first week seems pretty do-able. Plus they give daily audio clips on things you can actually work on while in the saddle which is cool. 

So I made the challenge... Good luck me! It was a pretty good night overall. Rode miss Daisy. Got random cheque which will definitely help me pay my mortgage and visa this month lol... And caught up with my one friend. :) I'm feeling sleepy so I'm going to let the dogs out again and pack up lunches

Today I have had .5L of water so far. I refilled it and gonna try and drink it all!

Foodies

Breakfast: plain bagel with margarine

Lunch: sauteed veggies, pulled pork, 1/3 cup rice

Apparently I look like I am still losing weight in my face which I don't know about that. My pants are tighter again and I notice my stomach more. That is the second compliment I got recently from coworkers. Baffling. 

Yesterday while riding I practiced some of the exercises they said to in the audio for the 30 day challenge. I did posting at the walk, standing trot, up up down posting while trotting. I didn't want to do too much though because Daisy had a hard day Sunday, then I am sure she was a bit stiff after having the day off Monday and not getting a chance to really walk around. So we had a nice long walk and lots of trotting to get her loosened up. 

Anyways now to go find my challenge to update some things.

Current Challenge

Change to todays plan. 

-I forgot that I go and groom a certain pony at the barn every Wednesday :) So I will do that on the way home from work. 

-We may go out to eat dinner because boyfriend has been wanting Chinese and it sounds good... And conveniently he forgot his lunch today, so he has one for tomorrow and I do not need one tomorrow because I am going for Japanese with some co-workers.

-I plan on starting my 30 day challenge. I posted the exercises in my current challenge... basically a bunch of core exercises and a 3km walk. 

I did all those things yesterday! I exercised after the buffet and I think it helped lol everyone else was complaining they were too full but I wasn't. 

Today I was supposed to walk 4km for today's challenge and I thought I did but I miscalculated the conversion from miles to km and ended up only doing 3.5km. Boo I have another circuit to do today but I'm unsure about doing it. I'm still warming up after our walk brrr lol. Poncho should be tired after our hour walk but he's super playful now. Which Rook used to do too but he'd crash shortly after lol